Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Sounds so simple doesn’t it ?

In a sense it is. Players have a choice of holding, passing or shooting the puck when they have it and the last 2 games the Bruins have chosen to hold or pass waiting for the perfect shot opportunity. This is why they had 2 and 1 shots respectively in the first periods of Game 5&6.

It's like Gretzky said, "you miss all the shots you don't take".

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Man

Better not get down 4-1 because this team does not have the makeup to come back from that again.
Ironically during that series the Bruins had scoring problems the few games prior to 3rd period game 7. Jack says something like "the bruins would have to score as many goals as they have in the last 2 or 3 games in the next 10 mins" - something like that.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If the fear of going into the record books for blowing consecutive 3-1 series leads dosen't motivate the crap out of you I don't what will. There is also pressure now on the Leafs to close the deal here. At least I keep telling myself these things.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Ironically during that series the Bruins had scoring problems the few games prior to 3rd period game 7. Jack says something like "the bruins would have to score as many goals as they have in the last 2 or 3 games in the next 10 mins" - something like that.
And another game where the Bruins came out really flat in a game 7

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jeez some people are soft, they should try being a Vikings fan and get some perspective on what it's like to cheer for a pathetic franchise

Good to see you post here again!
Lou is the Goat.

He’s my daily therapist

As they say ‘Lou reads the room’

Figured no beer tomorrow- going to get a Long Island iced T before game in legends and be somewhat buzzed watching

Not sure I want to be sane for this

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Lou is the Goat.

He’s my daily therapist

Figured no beer tomorrow- going to get a Long Island iced T before game in legends and be somewhat buzzed watching

I've been on here since I was 13...always bums me out when people I've basically grown up reading leave here, good to see Lou is alive though

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
At the gym and just caught highlight of Charlie Macs goal last night breaking Sways shut game up to that point.
Leafs were not gonna beat him , so Mac does.
Swayman gives him the WTF glare.
Too bad Charlie didn't gave the IQ to go with the raw skill.

Reactions: Gordoff

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Seriously, is it possible to open some kind of unlisted "enter at your peril" unmoderated sub-thread where we can get all our venting out safely?
Yes, it is called the Leafs forum, they will love to hear you tear down the Bruins.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Been a while! Hope all is well
It is thank you. As silly as it sounds, that loss to the Panthers kinda "broke" me and I was acting the fool and being disrespectful and I'm not like that in real life. Trying to grow more in my faith as well. Sports doesn't mean as much, although I do still love and enjoy it. Lost my boss to colon cancer at the age of 52, whom I loved, and currently helping my father through his pancreatic cancer...my daugther met a great guy in the past year, I got another dog to be with Luna Rue and that's been great...also back at the gym and lost 40 lbs since last June....feel great.

Last edited:

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005

“There have been 194 Game 7s in Stanley Cup playoff history, and the team that scores first has won 147. That means the team that lights the lamp first goes on to win nearly 80% of the time. Last spring, in four Game 7s, the team that scored first was 4-0, including the Florida Panthers, who came into Boston and won the deciding game in overtime at TD Garden.”

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Lou is the Goat.

He’s my daily therapist

No way, you are. You keep me (and Joe and Jes) sane through everything, and we had to have texted 363 out of the past 365 days, minimum lol.

Reactions: DKH and BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It is thank you. As silly as it sounds, that loss to the Panthers kinda "broke" me and I was acting the fool and being disrespectful and I'm not like that in real life. Sports doesn't mean as much, although I do still love and enjoy it. Lost my boss to colon cancer at the age of 52, whom I loved, and currently helping my father through his pancreatic cancer...my daugther met a great guy in the past year, I got another dog to be with Luna Rue and that's been great...also back at the gym and lost 40 lbs since last June....feel great.
Welcome back friend

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It is thank you. As silly as it sounds, that loss to the Panthers kinda "broke" me and I was acting the fool and being disrespectful and I'm not like that in real life. Sports doesn't mean as much, although I do still love and enjoy it. Lost my boss to colon cancer at the age of 52, whom I loved, and currently helping my father through his pancreatic cancer...my daugther met a great guy in the past year, I got another dog to be with Luna Rue and that's been great...also back at the gym and lost 40 lbs since last June....feel great.
Geez Lou. My heart goes out to you.
Good to hear from you though.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Biz is a f***ing idiot. Knows less than nothing about hockey but he's got a shitty podcast with Whitney and they make pink vodka so lets put him on national TV.
Not my first choice, but I don't mind listening to Spittin' Chiclets, however that dumbass wrecks any discussion as soon as he opens his yap.
Dude is shallow as a duck pond which is obvious by saying F every second word.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

So glad to see you doing well & posting here.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Idk how you can say our centers have nothing to do with us losing. We aren’t scoring goals and our centers have been the worst of the forward groups from scoring to face offs.

It’s actually all about the centers.
Would you even call what we have as centers? Beecher yes.

They don't win face offs they don't create offense for their wingers, Neither would be playing that position on a contending team.

They are both wingers trying to play center. How many times do we have to watch opposing teams with possession on every face off, regardless of PK PP or even strength.

Just can win consistently in big games with these two trying to play center
At the gym and just caught highlight of Charlie Macs goal last night breaking Sways shut game up to that point.
Leafs were not gonna beat him , so Mac does.
Swayman gives him the WTF glare.
Too bad Charlie didn't gave the IQ to go with the raw skill.
Next time he should just hit the go invisible mode and not get hit with a shot, I doubt for I second Sway gave him the glare lol

Out of curiosity what did you want him to do there? Lucky hail Mary shot but 88 is a stud and it paid off.

Reactions: BTO

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
If Montgomery wants to be useful this series, he can figure out who can win a f***ing face-off and put them at C. Zacha and Coyle need to be on the wings

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad