Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The Bruins were reeling last year going into game 7 and yeah they lost but at least the game did go to overtime. Maybe the Leafs will win but it will be a competitive game and could very well go into overtime. It’s not over just yet so why don’t we save the eulogies until after the game tomorrow?

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
The depth disappeared and Pasta is struggling. Simple as that. Also pretty mediocre play for the 2nd year in a row for our "#1 dman" and also another bad one from Lindholm. Gross all over.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
The tactical problem is having a hole a center that gets exposed in the playoffs...Coyle is an outstanding third line center but not a #1 and a stretch as a #2.....Zacha is wing and while he can play center isn't a line driver.

The bigger issue is the lack of players who can step up and make a play in crunch time. What we see in the regular season- which is effective- doesn't get taken to a higher level in the play-offs.

Whether the Bs win or lose on Saturday changes to the line- up are coming ...both with players the Bs can hopefully attract through free agency, trades and and those who the Bs will not bring back.

One major question - is Monty an effective regular season coach, who like the team can't elevate his game during the play-offs. My take is that when the pressure builds ( and even when it doesn't) his constant need to tinker has negatively impacted any flow and consistency. The number of too many men penalties and poor line changes point to a team that isn't dialed in - too many times I see players who look lost and not sure of what they are supposed to do.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Ruins are 0-5 in close out games with Monty - and lost 4 of the most horrific game 7 in my lifetime all I watched -four (2010, 2014, 2019, 2023) from a few feet away

1979 Montreal - too many men on ice
2010 Philadelphia- up 3-0 in game
2014 Montreal - Prez trophy winner with weak Rangers & Kings infront of
2019 Blues
2023 Florida

But on the bright side
2011 Vancouver
2013 Toronto

I can’t believe they will lose tomorrow

No F’n way
Dont forget 09 against Carolina and 04 against MTL
I still count 2013 Toronto as a choke loss. down 4-1 with 10 min left.
take 2011 out and the wins in 18 and 19 against the Leafs, and they havent done crap in game 7s at home since the early 90s!!!!.
I can tell you one thing. Its a given they will start like hot garbage. If Swayman tires and has a weak game, they will be down early tomorrow and will self destruct.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Not watching the regular season when the team has one of of the best records in the NHL is the exact opposite of fairweather, Copernicus. I just don't enjoy the product anymore and don't believe in this group of chokers.
"I didn't watch a single regular season game after their choke" your words not mine, sorry for calling it like I see it.

Last edited:

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Again comes down to how they start. Go again with minimal shots in the first period expect the same result. They need a collective mind shift of being aggressive and taking it to the Leafs. Just not confident they will do that. I actually hope Matthews plays because Leafs have been paying way more attention to defense than usual. Hopefully they relax because Matthews returns.

Still hopeful as Leafs are one of the only teams that have a worst game 7 record than the Bruins, so pressure is still on them as well to get over that hump.

Again should be clear after the first period if we see the same results from the past two games

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The depth disappeared and Pasta is struggling. Simple as that. Also pretty mediocre play for the 2nd year in a row for our "#1 dman" and also another bad one from Lindholm. Gross all over.
I”m sure playing with a Center that hasn’t scored in what now 18 playoffs games doesn’t help ,not saying Pasta doesn’t need to play better he definitely does ,but playing with horse dung definitely doesn’t help.

Reactions: Bmessy

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I believe in the group. I believe in Coach. I believe they win tomorrow.

PS
Believe in Boston.

PPS
F the Leaf.
I don't believe in this coach until he shows me he can make adjustments. He openly stated he didn't have to coach last season with Bergy around, at times he just gave Bergy the room or Bergy new what needed to be said. Sweeney loaded him for a playoff run and he basically f'd around with the lineup till the bruins lost the series.
This year Keefe makes an adjustment after being down 3-1 to a dump and chase team and Monty counters with an optional practice. Practice ? Who needs practice ? Right Jim ? 1 freaken shot in the entire first period of an elimination game, apparently not the Bruins. Right Jim ?

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
You know how so many Bruins fans have ripped on the Leafs for years because they can win big games in big moments? Yeah

One of these two teams are going to break through tomorrow. Leafs are either going to break through and beat Boston, or Boston is going to finally win a close out game at home.

I know who my money is on.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
You’re right and they would be stupid to put him back in the lineup for game 7 if he isn’t atleast 75% ,the Leafs are playing like the Bruins minus Bergy and Krejci last season,everyone stepped up .
If I'm the Leafs, I don't change a single thing for game 7. Hopefully, Matthews plays, and they start funnelling all the pucks towards him like they did in game #82 of the regular season!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I’m disappointed with the results, but I don’t think the team quit or isn’t trying.

I’ll watch them and I hope they win.
I don’t think they’re that good.

They have a weak group of top 6 forwards in my opinion and there’s a reason for that but it’s not the fault of any of the guys on the ice.

I also don’t judge any fan who is frustrated and has seen enough.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
You know how so many Bruins fans have ripped on the Leafs for years because they can win big games in big moments? Yeah

One of these two teams are going to break through tomorrow. Leafs are either going to break through and beat Boston, or Boston is going to finally win a close out game at home.

I know who my money is on.
The Leafs just might slay another "dragon" just like they did last year vs TB, and then they're going to get steamrolled by Florida in the second round.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I”m sure playing with a Center that hasn’t scored in what now 18 playoffs games doesn’t help ,not saying Pasta doesn’t need to play better he definitely does ,but playing with horse dung definitely doesn’t help.
100%. Also those centers and the faceoffs holy heck.

Attachments

• IMG_20240503_095242.jpg
    IMG_20240503_095242.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad