Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Carlo has been good. The rest if the D have been ass.
Lohrei the rookie gets a pass.
McAvoy ain't what we thought he was.
McAvoy at least works his bag off, What did you think he was? Do you see the shit he plays with? I have no problem with Charlie he never takes a shift off and sure shit happens when are on the ice for 90% of the plays.

Carlo other than game 5 has been great

Losing Peeke was MASSIVE!

And why would you double shift the worst player in the series? WTF has he done to get MORE ice time. Shit on McAvoy lol funny stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Ruins are 0-5 in close out games with Monty - and lost 4 of the most horrific game 7 in my lifetime all I watched -four (2010, 2014, 2019, 2023) from a few feet away

1979 Montreal - too many men on ice
2010 Philadelphia- up 3-0 in game
2014 Montreal - Prez trophy winner with weak Rangers & Kings infront of
2019 Blues
2023 Florida

But on the bright side
2011 Vancouver
2013 Toronto

I can’t believe they will lose tomorrow

No F’n way
Also 2011 - Montreal
1983 - Sabres

Definition of insanity. Do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.
That's the definition of me playing guitar!!!

Guy Boucher has taken over the Leafs. Look at how well they keep the Bruins to the outside the last two games. Pure Boucher. Suddenly they have structure in their own zone vs how they were all year. Look at game 4 vs the last two and how the Leafs were in their own end. Boucher is one that made these changes. I wouldn’t be surprised that their FO pushed this down. Still Bruins need to adjust but they can’t. Monty looks like a frustrated guy with no answers at the most important time of the year
Bingo!

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
If they lose on saturday (which I expect they will) I might be taking a break next year. this franchise, just cant give them this much anymore. truly an embarrassment.
I didn't watch a single regular season game after the biggest choke in sports history last spring. Used to watch every second of every game, but I am a broken fan. Also not a fan of the new NHL -no fighting, Tim Peel style reffing, etc. Found better ways to spend my limited time off work.

Reactions: Gordoff

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Blow it up.
Bruins have never had a blue line this weak and beatable. Never. Always been a strength for them
They allowed 2 goals? You blaming the D for the lose? Really we scored a last second goal.

0 goals and 2 assists each for Coyle and Zacha.
Unacceptable, Coyle is at least trying, Zacha looks like he doesn't care one bit

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They allowed 2 goals? You blaming the D for the lose? Really we scored a last second goal.

Unacceptable, Coyle is at least trying, Zacha looks like he doesn't care one bit
True, but I’m done with trying. Do it. Or don’t do it. They’ve long lost any leeway

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
It’s just a personnel issue. Forward group has a grand canyon sized gap down the middle.

Coyle and Zacha have a combined 0 goals 4 assists and are -3 through 6 games.

It is what it is. I know it’s hockey, and anything can happen, but this team isn’t built to win a Stanley Cup.

And even if we win the Florida Panthers are waiting to demolish us on the other end.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I didn't watch a single regular season game after the biggest choke in sports history last spring. Used to watch every second of every game, but I am a broken fan. Also not a fan of the new NHL -no fighting, Tim Peel style reffing, etc. Found better ways to spend my limited time off work.
Why did you come back in the playoffs then?

Reactions: caz16 and NDiesel

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It’s just a personnel issue. Forward group has a grand canyon sized gap down the middle.

It is what it is. I know it’s hockey, and anything can happen, but this team isn’t built to win a Stanley Cup.

And even if we win the Florida Panthers are waiting to demolish us on the other end.
So what? All I wanted was for them to beat the Leafs and then I don’t care if they get pounded in round 2 .

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere

This "by committee" approach was interesting, but the lack of a #1 center (or even #1 line) they can rely on to drive the offense needs to be addressed for next season.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Carlo has been good. The rest if the D have been ass.
Lohrei the rookie gets a pass.
McAvoy ain't what we thought he was.
He's exactly what many of us thought he was. I've said for years, "If McAvoy is your #2 Dman you're a contender." #1? not so much.

I also took a lot of heat last Summer for posting here that if Charlie and Pasta are next in line for Captaincy, the Bruins are in trouble.

I took a LOT of heat, but I stand by it.

Anyway, when the season began, I didn't expect them to make the playoffs. Before this series I didn't expect them to beat the Leafs, and I thought it folly for them to lose the last game in order to draw the Leafs (IF that's what they did, I've no proof!)

I admit, after games 1, 3 and 4, I did think they'd win, but I think we're seeing the team's true colors.

I supported Sweeney's deadline moves to go for it, and with potential reward often comes risk, so I've enjoyed more playoff games than I expected to and now I'll see what the future holds with plenty of cap space and almost no draft picks!

Reactions: Gordoff

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Not watching the regular season when the team has one of of the best records in the NHL is the exact opposite of fairweather, Copernicus. I just don't enjoy the product anymore and don't believe in this group of chokers.
Watch other teams play? If the Bruins are gone tomorrow I will still be watching until the Cup is hoisted.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
So what? All I wanted was for them to beat the Leafs and then I don’t care if they get pounded in round 2 .

I share your feelings exactly. Just expressing that it is what it is—a bridge year. Didn’t have the capital (draft or cap space) to get anyone in.

If we roll into next season with those two as our top centers Don Sweeney should be tarred and feathered.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Please do not put Maroon and Brazeau against the Leafs. We need to constantly force the Leafs D and by the time these two get in the zone the puck is already in the other end. Guys like Lauko, Boqvist, Debrusk, Beecher need to be on the ice more to pressure the Leafs in their own zone.

Do not let the Leafs dictate the game, get on them right away from the opening whistle and be relentless.

Our so called stars such as Pasta, Marchy, McAvoy, Zacha, Debrusk all of who are f***** awful have to also show up. Try to diplay what you are paid for and produce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad