Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1714729688813.png

1714729872847.png

1714729802626.png

It's been 65 years since Toronto has won a Game 7 in Boston, let's make sure that continues

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They better win I’m not a big war guy and I enjoy coming here but it will be miserable for months here and maybe ever- probably the end of Bruins as we know it

Tough week - already lost a best friend of 50 years since we were 11 or 12 (ushers in weddings and even went to 2 games with me to Bruins in past 2 months) but he decided anyone in his life not supporting his candidate they are out. F him I wasted 50 years id like back

Don’t ruin your reputation Bruins and blow this it will be a horror show

I miss pre internet and 70’s

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Enjoy watching game 7 everyone because I am done watching this group, I feel so bad for Swayman as he has played his heart out but his teammates can't help him by scoring. The centennial season looks to be yet another disappointment. Booooooooooooo to the Bruins!!!
I’m disappointed with the results, but I don’t think the team quit or isn’t trying.

I’ll watch them and I hope they win.
I don’t think they’re that good.

They have a weak group of top 6 forwards in my opinion and there’s a reason for that but it’s not the fault of any of the guys on the ice.

I also don’t judge any fan who is frustrated and has seen enough.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
They better win I’m not a big war guy and I enjoy coming here but it will be miserable for months here and maybe ever- probably the end of Bruins as we know it

Tough week - already lost a best friend of 50 years since we were 11 or 12 (ushers in weddings and even went to 2 games with me to Bruins in past 2 months) but he decided anyone in his life not supporting his candidate they are out. F him I wasted 50 years id like back

Don’t ruin your reputation Bruins and blow this it will be a horror show

I miss pre internet and 70’s
Hey, better be careful.

If the Sox keep winning, the ticket prices are going to spike and they’re going to mess this whole thing up!

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
I’m disappointed with the results, but I don’t think the team quit or isn’t trying.

I’ll watch them and I hope they win.
I don’t think they’re that good.

They have a weak group of top 6 forwards in my opinion and there’s a reason for that but it’s not the fault of any of the guys on the ice.

I also don’t judge any fan who is frustrated and has seen enough.
I will always be a Bruins fan but this group we have now is pathetic and I just can't take anymore let downs. Pasta has not looked good and I wonder if he is injured. He seems to always be losing the puck and can't carry it or make any good passes. The disappointment is just too much and I just smell the upset coming and it is like a payback which gives the Leafs the edge and puts a ton of pressure on the Bruins.

Reactions: Gordoff

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I don’t believe in curses.

And as I said in the post game thread, I’m able to logically deduce that 2024 has zero to do with 2019, 2013, 2010, 1990, 1979, etc.

However, my first sports memory is them losing to the Sabres in 1993: May Day.

You can’t argue with this stat. (And yes, they’ve been around longer than most of the teams so it’s skewed)
This organization has consistently overachieved in the regular season, and it’s both a blessing and a curse.

They’ve avoided long periods of downtrodden and rebuilding.

But they’ve also been one and done an awful lot in my lifetime.

And again, I’m optimistic that they buck the trend in Game 7 this time around. I can’t be doom and gloom.

1714733032776.png

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ruins are 0-5 in close out games with Monty - and lost 4 of the most horrific game 7 in my lifetime all I watched -four (2010, 2014, 2019, 2023) from a few feet away

1979 Montreal - too many men on ice
2010 Philadelphia- up 3-0 in game
2014 Montreal - Prez trophy winner with weak Rangers & Kings infront of
2019 Blues
2023 Florida

But on the bright side
2011 Vancouver
2013 Toronto

I can’t believe they will lose tomorrow

No F’n way

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This place is sounding more and more like the Habs board by the minute.

How about a little faith in the team instead of acting like Eeyore with hot takes.

Will they win tomorrow? Who the hell knows but I believe they will.

It was smart to give them the day off. Sometimes getting away from each other for 24 hours is the best thing for the team. It lets them reset and reminds them of why they play the game.

Last edited:

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The original Winnipeg Jets.
In 1990 round one the Jets led the Oilers 3 games to one and lost in 7.
In 1992 round one the Jets led the Canucks 3-1 and lost in 7.
Both game number two's were 3-2 loss.
Poor Bob Essensa was on both Jets' teams and he must be having flashbacks watching the last two Bruins' playoffs.

Hopefully there will be a better ending on Saturday night for Goalie Bob and Bruins' Nation..

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
This place is sounding more and more like the Habs board by the minute.

How about a little faith in the team instead of acting like Eeyore with hot takes.

Will they win tomorrow? Who the hell knows but I believe they will.

It was smart to give them the day off. Sometimes getting away from each other for 24 hours is the best thing for the team. It lets them reset and reminds them of why they play the game.
I happen to agree with you, but what have they done to deserve that other then being the team we root for? I believe they will win as well, but zero issue with people on the ledge right now.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Enjoy watching game 7 everyone because I am done watching this group, I feel so bad for Swayman as he has played his heart out but his teammates can't help him by scoring. The centennial season looks to be yet another disappointment. Booooooooooooo to the Bruins!!!
Bye bye! Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Unacceptable 2 no show last 2 games, we re in playoffs wtf is the probleme with those guys? Cooked are the Bruins!

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad