GDT: ECQF: Game 6 - Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Boston Bruins, 8 p.m. ET, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Teams naturally play better without their best players because they have no other choice. You should know this. The Lightning won a Cup with Stamkos playing just one game.

Vasi, Point, and Hedman only played 1 game that year?

Because Stammer is at best the 4th or 5th best player on the Bolts during those 3 consecutive Cup Finals.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
So extremely frustrating to watch. All the stuff Boston did right in the first few games - it's like they totally forgot about what helped win and dominate the earlier games. Winning the small puck battles, getting the puck out of their zone quickly.

Boston was playing like a group of individuals the last 2 games instead of as a team. All these players trying to bring the puck into the offensive zone only to lose it or get tied up. I was telling my son when Maroon tried to bring it in the Leafs zone with three guys in front him instead of just shooting or dumping it in - it was indicative of the whole game. I also noticed a number of Boston players were wiping out or falling down while skating. This didn't seem to be happening earlier. Something was definitely off with the Bruins.

I don't like the Leafs but I will concede they did many things right and deserved the win. The blocked shots, taking the man instead of watching the puck. And Woll played great as he has done most of the time he has been given an opportunity since last playoffs. If Boston doesn't even come close going back to how they were playing earlier, they will lose game 7. And as much as it pains me to say it, they will deserve it. I have to give the Leafs credit tonight for playing with significantly more heart with their backs against the wall.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
at least Florida will get a fight with the leafs

boston's season over even if they win. you can't beat will you're not getting past bobrovsky...

Reactions: Summer Rose

Strangle

May 4, 2009
So extremely frustrating to watch. All the stuff Boston did right in the first few games - it's like they totally forgot about what helped win and dominate the earlier games. Winning the small puck battles, getting the puck out of their zone quickly. Boston was playing like a group of individuals the last 2 games instead of as a team. All these players trying to bring the puck into the offensive zone only to lose it or get tied up. I was telling my son when Maroon tried to bring it in the Leafs zone with three guys in front him instead of just shooting or dumping it in - it was indicative of the whole game.

I don't like the Leafs but I will concede they did many things right and deserved the win. The blocked shots, taking the man instead of watching the puck. And Woll played great as he has done most of the time he has been given an opportunity since last playoffs. If Boston doesn't even come close going back to how they were playing earlier, they will lose game 7. And as much as it pains me to say it, they will deserve it. I have to give the Leafs credit tonight for playing with significantly more heart with their backs against the wall.

Nice post, man

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Did the refs also tell Boston to only have one shot on goal in the first period?

Bruins need to be investigated then….can’t be betting while playing

Two wrongs do not make a right, how does the phrase go? Toronto fans certainly will not be upset over it.

The next many times we read the wailing cries however, this will be recalled.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Oldie but I figured it fits the mood...

KOC3rhB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad