GDT: ECQF: Game 6 - Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Boston Bruins, 8 p.m. ET, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Come on Bs, put them out of their misery. Let's see if that quiet arena can get even quieter tonight.

Toronto isn't that good and one of the weaker playoff teams so I know it's tempting to play with your food but getting a little bit of rest for Florida is probably the smarter move here.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I think without Matthews makes the leafs more dangerous because they freed up Domi and you never know what he might do. The scrappy Leafs with Woll are more fun to watch in my opinion.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
BTW.....anyone know what is the record for numer of conseutive play off losses at home?
Nope, but I do know the first team in NHL history to finish in 32nd place.

giphy.gif

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Just to clarify, the same Edmonton Oilers who were gifted FOUR #1 overall, a #3 and a #7 in six years and have won exactly the same number of third round games as the Leafs over an even longer time period?

Those Oilers?

Edmonton fans talking shit. You can't make this stuff up.
Leafs fans talking about the 3rd round is like me talking about Med School.
Neither of us have been, but we all know someone else who has.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Not pandering or playing into the yearly bullshit Leaf excuse machine. This time of year every team deals with adversity, injuries, bad calls, or what have you. Some Leaf fans in these playoff threads are just filled with excuses why the Leafs are down in the series. Now you want me to agree to an excuse of Mathews being ill as why the Leafs are losing.

So, I'll leave you with this instead, the Bruins are the better team and it's time for you to give credit where credit is due instead of bellyaching.
AKA my post was full of shit and I'm scared to just be straight forward

Cheers to a good game

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Neither guy was a top 3 player on their respective team lmao and they all had replacements for each guy. They weren't even top 4 on their teams actually.

Comparing those guys to prime Matthews is a joke lmao, it would be like

Avs playing without Makar
Pens playing without Crosby
Bolts playing without Kucherov

Letang was what, maybe the 5th best player ? Sid, Geno, Kessel, Guentzel

Avs had Mackinnon, Makar, Kadri, Toews, Landeskog was the 5th best (Kadri was significantly better that year)

Stamkos was a complete non-factor for Tampa. Kucherov, Vasi, Hedman, Point were the top 4 players

Missing your #1 superstar vs missing your 5th best player are not the same thing
you do understand positions in hockey correct? and Letang was their #1 defenseman...you also skipped over the point about Peter Forsberg. very comparable to Matthews in terms of value to his team you know being a top center...

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I mentioned Forsberg.....Stamps .....Letang.
You proceeded to shit on all three..

[QUOTE="PaulD, post: 195299803, member:
delete

Please tell me where I shit on Forsberg or even mentioned Forsberg, I'll wait.

You made a shitty reference of teams losing their 5th best player and tried to compare that to Matthews not playing and got called out for it.

Now the strawman Forsberg argument lol

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
you do understand positions in hockey correct? and Letang was their #1 defenseman...you also skipped over the point about Peter Forsberg. very comparable to Matthews in terms of value to his team you know being a top center...
As much as I loved Forsberg he was still not Sakic. At times yes he was better but Sakic was their main guy for majority of the time. Leafs don't have 2nd equivalent to Sakic they got Tavares which is big downgrade but Tavares still can surprise you at times.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
You mean the pre-salary cap era where teams were completely stacked with multiple hall of famers like those old Avs/Wings teams ?

Morgan Rielly is our 1D, should I start comparing losing him to losing McDavid "BUT HES OUR 1D, you don't understand POSITIONS?"

Give it a break, it was a shitty take and you guys got called out for it. Lmao no more for you guys, have a good day.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Nope, but I do know the first team in NHL history to finish in 32nd place.

giphy.gif
And I know a team that hasn't won a thing since before most of us were born. What a weird hot take from a Leaf fan trying to bust on Canadiens over franchise successful

AKA my post was full of shit and I'm scared to just be straight forward

Cheers to a good game
All good dude, I'm not being very serious. Just clowning around waiting for the clock to tick down.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
And I know a team that hasn't won a thing since before most of us were born. What a weird hot take from a Leaf fan trying to bust on Canadiens over franchise successful

All good dude, I'm not being very serious. Just clowning around waiting for the clock to tick down.
Wouldn't have it any other way, what's the point in being a fan and on a site like this if we're not going to talk shit. I do this every year lmao I know what people think of me.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Pedantic much?

You're usually rational, what happened? Too much energy before the game?
It's a give and take thing. Kinda like King Kong Bundy. It's all for show, my man, it's all for show.

Good luck tonight. I don't really mean it, but trying to sound objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad