GDT: ECQF: Game 6 - Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Boston Bruins, 8 p.m. ET, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
One thing is for sure. It's not his "tummy ache" or food poisoning.

I still think it might be when he fell awkwardly in Game 3 when McAvoy pulled him down from behind. I know he was feeling crappy before the game, but he might have aggravated something. Kind of a freak play, but he really falls weird. And then his final shift in Game 4, it looked like he was having a tough time skating off.

Either way, I don't like Toronto's chances tonight. Hoping they prove me wrong.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
So Matthews is out for almost half the series now ? 2 games + a period. Will be a tall order to win back to back games in the playoffs without him, need maximum effort.

I really wonder what the injury is, he looked perfect in games 1 and 2.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Well game 6 no Matthews.

Bruins not winning this game would be a bit wild. 1 game is whatever but 2 without the 69 goal scorer?

Almost need the paper tiger label for Bruins instead of the Stars as a thread.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Rumor has it that the entire board of Sportsnet was spotted praying for a Leafs win tonight.

Seriously, all neutrals should want a game 7 too, the potential for extra drama and comedy is just too high.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
They were chasing something those last couple games, hopefully the Leafs take it personal.
They played like a joke those last 2 games but I personally don't think it was intentional thing to fall to play Toronto. But it sure did look that way.

No Matthews for Toronto but no Heinen for the bruins so, kinda the same thing right?

(I'm being very obviously sarcastic, heinen was a PTO signing, Matthews is well Matthews... No one read that as a serious comment).

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Memories..........
Good luck Leafs, hoping for great things for ya in game 6. Hope good Leafs fans enjoy 1-3 series comeback, get to enjoy deep run, and get playoffs memories for a whole new generation of Leafs fans. The "Good" Leafs fans have suffered more than any fan should, no doubt!

But I don't provide all that..... A Leaf team will have to provide these moments for their fans. And that's "The Lucy" in this "Charlie Brown" kicking-the-ball scenario. Dang, hope they get it done!!! Nothing personal Boston fans, you're children have witnessed great playoffs moments. Leafs fans children, not so much. Hoping playoff utopia happens for Leaf fans, pulling for their team to make great playoff memories tonight....

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Memories..........
Good luck Leafs, hoping for great things for ya in game 6. Hope good Leafs fans enjoy 1-3 series comeback, get to enjoy deep run, and get playoffs memories for a whole new generation of Leafs fans. The "Good" Leafs fans have suffered more than any fan should, no doubt!

But I don't provide all that..... A Leaf team will have to provide these moments for their fans. And that's "The Lucy" in this "Charlie Brown" kicking-the-ball scenario. Dang, hope they get it done!!! Nothing personal Boston fans, you're children have witnessed great playoffs moments. Leafs fans children, not so much. Hoping playoff utopia happens for Leaf fans, pulling for their team to make great playoff memories tonight....

Well said

GO LEAFS GO

Reactions: Summer Rose

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Matthews being absent in game 6 is a blessing in disguise for the Leafs just like in game 5. They seem to play more like a team when he is absent and that is what you need in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised this series goes 7.

It's just adversity of any kind. Shakes up the room.

I think players look to themselves a bit more as opposed to expecting another player on the team to win the games.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
So Matthews is out for almost half the series now ? 2 games + a period. Will be a tall order to win back to back games in the playoffs without him, need maximum effort.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I thought Toronto looked like a different team without him in the lineup. In a good way.

Strangle

May 4, 2009

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain