Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - THANK YOU JACK EDWARDS - Series tied 3-3

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
They lost nearly all board battles in the offensive end, either too slow to get there, or just get wiped out. That's what drives me insane with Pasta, one of the worst board battlers in the NHL.
He shouldn’t even be on the boards, he’s one of the forwards that can collect a bouncing puck he needs to be the one posted up for a shot or pass

Wish the Bruins had picked up Edmundson at the deadline. What a great pick up for Toronto.
He’s been a massive rock

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Coaches are to blame, players are to blame, management is to blame, but I am baffled how they can be 0-6 in their last 6 games to clinch a series.

I find it so frustrating to see the team come out so flat at the beginning two games in a row with a chance to clinch the series. Where is the passion and preparation!?!?

Still have hope for game 7, but this very well may sting as much as las season, probably a bit more honestly, if they don't pull it together on Saturday. Hopeful, but not feeling very confident tonight
That's mostly on the coach

Look at the talent they had last year, and he did the same damn thing

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
well if they blow it again at least that will make me 8 for 8 in my bracket so far this year

a little emotional hedge never hurt anybody

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I seriously had my reservations about Montgomery NOT being fired last year. I understand it, but I'm sadly not surprised by this series collapse. So many here enjoying the Leaf fans suffering forgot about last year and game 5's which is the beginning of the choke jobs.
I agree about the 'choke' jobs, but I don't believe Monty's the one that's choking.
Pasta's already received the Heimlich Maneuver.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No, SportsNet showed video Monty screaming at Rooney when the horn sounded for missing that dirty hit on Lohrei.

Some other poster predicted Chris Rooney would get this assignment and should we be shocked that's exactly how it went down?

Do they get Rooney if it's Boston vs. an American based team? Didn't Rooney get Game 7 vs. Montreal in 2014?

Reactions: Gordoff

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
He shouldn’t even be on the boards, he’s one of the forwards that can collect a bouncing puck he needs to be the one posted up for a shot or pass

He’s been a massive rock
Maybe in regular season, but playoffs are won in the trenches. If you arent willing to go there and win battles you lose series like last year, like possibly this year too.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Same thing year after year with this group.
Force them outside. Dump and no chase ensues. Easy exit from the zone. You could set a clock to it.

The high slot is open all day vs Toronto but you have to have some faith in your defenders they can both accept a pass and get shots through.

As for tonight, I told my co-worker who is also a Bruins fan I’ll see you Saturday. She didn’t believe me but we’ve all seen this show before.

Ps that no call boarding in the 2nd period before the goal was gutless and is the exact reason I’d never engage in the NHL’s attempts to get me to gamble on their pre scripted outcomes. Suck it Fan Duel you leaches on humanity
We have seen this show for the last 52 years...lol. Like clock work.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Penguins fan here, but I come in peace, and I'm rooting for the Bruins in the series (don't hold Toronto fans in very high regard!). I've seen a lot of 3- 1 series leads get blown over the years, and a LOT of Game 7 losses by the Pens, so it always pains me to see other teams go through that (except for the Leafs). I still think Boston will win Game 7, but Pastrnak has got to play a lot better - he absolutely killed your team tonight - too much spinning and BS pass attempts.

I am curious though - if the Bruins lose Game 7, will Montgomery be fired? Having watched now 7 years worth of MIke Suillivan led-flameouts in Pittsburgh, will another marquee team have the patience to stick with their coach?
They lose
Penguins fan here, but I come in peace, and I'm rooting for the Bruins in the series (don't hold Toronto fans in very high regard!). I've seen a lot of 3- 1 series leads get blown over the years, and a LOT of Game 7 losses by the Pens, so it always pains me to see other teams go through that (except for the Leafs). I still think Boston will win Game 7, but Pastrnak has got to play a lot better - he absolutely killed your team tonight - too much spinning and BS pass attempts.

I am curious though - if the Bruins lose Game 7, will Montgomery be fired? Having watched now 7 years worth of MIke Suillivan led-flameouts in Pittsburgh, will another marquee team have the patience to stick with their coach?
They lose game 7 Montgomery should be fired before he gets to his car

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

How many Cups did the Pens win though?? It hurts a lot less when you win some Cups.

If I was the Bruins owner, I'd fire Monty tonight

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I’m listening to 98.5 and they did make a good point: people will stop watching this stuff as it’s not enjoyable. So true. I would watch but not the excitement and energy of say 10-15 years ago. If they lose Satan’s it’s not major major major changes……then this is just a joke

Reactions: Sevendust

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Maybe in regular season, but playoffs are won in the trenches. If you arent willing to go there and win battles you lose series like last year, like possibly this year too.
I agree I’m saying the other two forwards on his line needs be the ones digging in the trenches to get him the puck, he’s clearly not suited to be a board battler but the utilization could also be adjusted.

Reactions: BTO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad