Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - THANK YOU JACK EDWARDS - Series tied 3-3

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Be rooting for a win but lose and it will be a win as well. Need players badly mine as well start blasting away with a full blown rebuild top to bottom.

They are not winning game 7 , no way no how with this bozo behind the bench

Reactions: Gordoff

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Monty will probably not lose his job no matter how this ends. The Be are playing scared and Toronto will light them up next game if they don't show more push back! In the off season D'S has to find a D that can shoot the puck and 2 centers. Monahan and Lindholm for center. Not sure who's available for a shooting D man.

The only thing Sweeney has to find in the offseason is a new job. He is responsible for the roster that chokes year after year. Fire him!

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
1 shot in the first 32 minutes of game 6.

This team is not here to win.

Sense of urgency does not exist with this roster.
They also had 15 shot attempts in the first (well at around the 18-minute mark). They were all either shot right into the legs of a leaf player or were a mile wide. That’s (yet) another major issue with this team going back to forever.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The McAvoy critcism is over the top IMO. And I say that as a poster who was ripping him for being an idiot after the first goal.

He was out there trying to make things happen with a roster that was seemingly incapable of executing anything. Yeah, he took a huge risk on the second Leafs goal with two minutes left in the game. Of course he did. They are down and there are two minutes left before it goes to a game 7. He wanted to take the guy off the puck. I've got no issue with that.

I don't see McAvoy as "a problem". Build a better roster.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Underrated aspect on how bad Monty is. A smarter coach (read: every other coach in the league) is losing his mind about that missed call and letting the needs hear it. Instead he does nothing and we got 0 calls in a third period we mostly spent with possession.
Didn't we constantly say the same about Cassidy?

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Losing this series was always a possibility but losing it after being up 3-1 is inexcusable and an enormous black eye to this team. If they fold and lose this series’s after last years loss it’s a big head hanger and heads should roll and a rebuild should be in effect pronto.
Yes you need to remove the chokes off the team, because its becoming a mindset now.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This core is rotten. Adding a center isn’t going to change shut. There are too many weak players. Hate to be Neely at this point. No way they win Saturday. Better start thinking on the decision.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
The McAvoy critcism is over the top IMO. And I say that as a poster who was ripping him for being an idiot after the first goal.

He was out there trying to make things happen with a roster that was seemingly incapable of executing anything. Yeah, he took a huge risk on the second Leafs goal with two minutes left in the game. Of course he did. They are down and there are two minutes left before it goes to a game 7. He wanted to take the guy off the puck. I've got no issue with that.

I don't see McAvoy as "a problem". Build a better roster.

I think McAvoy is trying to play like an S tier dman to make up for the rosters shortcomings but he’s not that level.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Monty will probably not lose his job no matter how this ends. The Be are playing scared and Toronto will light them up next game if they don't show more push back! In the off season D'S has to find a D that can shoot the puck and 2 centers. Monahan and Lindholm for center. Not sure who's available for a shooting D man.

I'll take that bet any day of the week twice on Sunday: they lose game 7 I have absolutely no doubt Monty will be canned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad