Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 5/2 8:14 PM - Jack Edwards' final game MUST be a B's win - NESN, TBS, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Fair enough. I guess I was talking about effort.

1) Boquist and Marchand got an a for Effort from me.

2) Swayman got an A for everything.

3) Montgomery got an F for everything.

Happy to debate #1 with anyone and learn where I may be on target or off target.

On number 2 and 3? People are free to disagree but probably not worth discussing it with me. My mind is closed on both. Maybe not a good place to be, but I don't envision anyone being able to say anything to get me to change my mind on the respective A and F.

No one should be able to argue point 2.

Can't argue 3 because, as you said, your mind is closed on that one.

I won't argue about the A for effort. But Marchand's overall performance was more of factor in losing this game than Monty's was.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
This is Bruins hockey.....nothing is ever done the easy way. That would be boring! 🕳🐻🏒

Reactions: lopey

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
A coaching mistake I think isnt getting much notice : Frederic only played 11 minutes, about as much as boquist,maroon, and JVR

why is a guy with 3 goals and the only goal they scored all night riding the bench?? I know his goals were weak or weird bounces but he deserves the credit for taking those shots or being in good positions

Are we now judging the quality of the goals lol. Frederic has been one of the best players on the ice in those 11 minutes.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Im pissed that the skaters essentially didnt show up. Unacceptable. Havent they learned anything?
Im also pissed that your best faceoff guy was scratched. Especially when you have last change at home. WTF!
Listening to Jaffe and Razor this morning they questioned the moves on D but in particular with Beecher sitting upstairs.
It still took a couple of leaf scrubs to score goals but trouble is they got the last one.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Are we now judging the quality of the goals lol. Frederic has been one of the best players on the ice in those 11 minutes.

I don't disagree with that at all, I agree he should be getting more time! As usual with monty's decision making I'm left at a complete blank on why hes not getting more ice time, I just figured quality of goals would be montys logic?? I really can't think of any other reasons.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Def need to go to my Dr. Feelgood and feign neck pain so he can hook me up with a few Cyclobenzaprines for game 6 and God forbid game 7.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The OT goal was a brutal overall effort defensively. There were 4 leafs at one point or another in that rush that dipped below the other 3 Boston skaters. 73 and 13 equally suspect, caught watching the play and not covering Knies. Just brutal TEAM defense.
It was the same all night. No body contact. Soft on pucks. Soft on sticks. Dreadful play top to bottom.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
A coaching mistake I think isnt getting much notice : Frederic only played 11 minutes, about as much as boquist,maroon, and JVR

why is a guy with 3 goals and the only goal they scored all night riding the bench?? I know his goals were weak or weird bounces but he deserves the credit for taking those shots or being in good positions.
Throw Fredric on the Zacha line to play on the left side

Reactions: Coach Parker

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
I dont think so. I don’t like the unprofessionalism and lack of class which he constantly exudes.

I also don’t think it’s ideal when he’s calling out refs and then refs are calling out his unprofessionalism. I’d rather not refs think negatively about the team due to Jack edwards comments.
If the refs' are altering their calls because of a team's announcer, then there is definitely a severe lack of professionalism we need to be talking about.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad