Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 5/2 8:14 PM - Jack Edwards' final game MUST be a B's win - NESN, TBS, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1714556521042.png

1714557281335.png

1714557454324.png

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Jack edwards catching some heat yet again. Called ref kozari a coward live on the broadcast. It will certainly be nice not having this sideshow around going into the future. It’s every year there’s something with him.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Jack edwards catching some heat yet again. Called ref kozari a coward live on the broadcast. It will certainly be nice not having this sideshow around going into the future. It’s every year there’s something with him.

Kozari must have gotten a call from the NHL after the second period on how he handled that and tried to make amends to Monty before the third period started.

1714559845451.png

I shudder at who the NHL will send to Game 6 in Toronto as I expect we see two referees with the first name Chris. :help:

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
As much as Gryz was outmuscled to the outside corner of the net, I see a quite exhausted McAvoy semi strolling back towards the front of the net puck watching and having a perfect seat to watch Gryz get burned, and then misfortune as Sway swings and misses strike three and Charlie’s tired feet studder, as his ice time clock just eclipsed 29 minutes, trying to Messi the puck but misses, as the puck continues its journey to the back door, where an unguarded and unchecked or unspotted Knies was lurking. Charlie needed to be more aware of net front coverage., etc. When you don’t bother with it, that’s what can happen in overtime.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Kozari must have gotten a call from the NHL after the second period on how he handled that and tried to make amends to Monty before the third period started.

View attachment 862970

I shudder at who the NHL will send to Game 6 in Toronto as I expect we see two referees with the first name Chris. :help:

Ya could have certainly been handled better. At the same time Jack has a consistent and reoccurring issue of saying things on air he would never say to a persons face.

He provides a yearly distraction/embarrassing moment for this organization.

Reactions: lopey

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Well done it was. Kozari racing off the ice rather than explain his decision to remove the top two PKers from the Bruins over a scrum. Left his partner behind to deflect McAvoy.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

View attachment 862970

I was switching between games and havd no idea what this ref did or didn't do?
Could you kindly fill me in.
I absolutely won't be surprised to know it was a blatant favor for the leafs.
Thanks

As much as Gryz was outmuscled to the outside corner of the net, I see a quite exhausted McAvoy semi strolling back towards the front of the net puck watching and having a perfect seat to watch Gryz get burned, and then misfortune as Sway swings and misses strike three and Charlie’s tired feet studder, as his ice time clock just eclipsed 29 minutes, trying to Messi the puck but misses, as the puck continues its journey to the back door, where an unguarded and unchecked or unspotted Knies was lurking. Charlie needed to be more aware of net front coverage., etc. When you don’t bother with it, that’s what can happen in overtime.
Sound like Charlie in last seasons Florida series. Games 5 6 and 7.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Well done it was. Kozari racing off the ice rather than explain his decision to remove the top two PKers from the Bruins over a scrum. Left his partner behind to deflect McAvoy.

Very unprofessional from a play by play guy to call someone a coward for millions of people he hear. Especially when Jack wouldn’t ever say it to that guys face.

Every year it’s something with Jack.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Unprofessional certainly. As nearly always with Jack, not incorrect either.
Unprofessional? I suppose. Fitting cause the hockey being played on both sides didn't look all that professional either.
As i turned it the Canes game , I kind felt bad for and wondered what the fans who paid money for that display.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I was switching between games and havd no idea what this ref did or didn't do?
Could you kindly fill me in.
I absolutely won't be surprised to know it was a blatant favor for the leafs.
Thanks

Sound like Charlie in last seasons Florida series. Games 5 6 and 7.
Deer in headlights mode again

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
good call.
3rd period of game 7

Charlie peaked about 3 years ago. Bifmg games he struggles.
Have not really been impressed with his game since Chara left.

and ....wtf is wrong with Pasta?
Yeah I don’t know I guess when you only have one legitimate goal scorer it’s easy to shut them down in the playoffs,and Zacka has been garbage so that sure doesn’t help.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Unprofessional? I suppose. Fitting cause the hockey being played on both sides didn't look all that professional either.
As i turned it the Canes game , I kind felt bad for and wondered what the fans who paid money for that display.

Tickets were hundreds of dollars. Fans should be livid after watching preseason hockey at best.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Very unprofessional from a play by play guy to call someone a coward for millions of people he hear. Especially when Jack wouldn’t ever say it to that guys face.

Every year it’s something with Jack.
Jack calls it like it is and is maybe too honest, says the things we think. Too much political correctness now, give me Jack every game please. I would rather have personality and entertainment during a game.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Tickets were hundreds of dollars. Fans should be livid after watching preseason hockey at best.
Bruins effort was very reminiscent of the last two regular seasons games ,obviously the Leafs were going to be better than the last 2 games ,but Bruins had 10 shots on net through 2 periods and 2 x20 at the dots in the first They literally never showed up ,unless the Leafs suddenly became the defensive juggernaut like the Devils when they were cup champs.And I hardly doubt that.lol

Jack calls it like it is and is maybe too honest, says the things we think. Too much political correctness now, give me Jack every game please. I would rather have personality and entertainment during a game.
If someone is more mad at the announcer than the players who laid an egg once again in an elimination chance game ,I give up.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
To be fair to Jack, that was a horrible moment from the officials and then turning tail and running off the ice immediately was indeed cowardly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad