ECQF Game 5 : Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 147413

I'm saying the Leaf fans hopes and excitement for their own team shouldn't include the downplaying of other teams and other superstars just to make the Leafs look better. This is probably reason one why Jets fans, Oilers fans, and most other fan bases are more annoyed by Leaf fans than anyone else.

It's not enough that Matthews is good, he has to be better than Laine, better than McDavid, it's sad.
I’m suggesting it’s not always Leafs fans that start it. It’s also Winnipeg, Edmonton and worst of all, Laine/Finnish fans.

Reactions: ThewThew

member 147413

i believe the suggestion is they should cope with losing better by now
I don’t cope with not making the playoffs by berating fans of other teams who have made the playoffs. But I can understand that awful posters can make me want to see another team fail.

member 147413

I think you can forgive posters if they find you confusing and might not take you as serious as you'd like.

You claimed the leafs are playing terrible and have been contradicting yourself, in posts 5 minutes later and have a hard time clearly stating your views.

You're just hard to follow and prone to exaggeration it seems.
I was sarcastly exaggerating to poke fun at all the “LOL Leafs players and their team is terrible” posts.

It’s hard to interpret tone on a message board. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to show how smart I can be, and that people won’t take me seriously now. It hurts more than cheering for the Leafs.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
There’s currently a leaf fan arguing that Morgan Reilly is better than both Chara and Mcavoy in a thread on this board.

It’s actually impressive how fanatical some of the leafs fans are.
Wow! And you actually think that's alaughable comment. LOL
Did you know someone just argued with me Florida is a better team than Toronto?

member 147413

There’s currently a leaf fan arguing that Morgan Reilly is better than both Chara and Mcavoy in a thread on this board.

It’s actually impressive how fanatical some of the leafs fans are.
There were a lot of posters arguing Yakupov and Gagner were better than Marner would ever be.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Your right, the Leafs young players character should be a big red flag right now. Especially since they won't even take a post game media interviews. But your acting like the Leafs are just as good of an overall team as Boston if they showed up. Your acting like the Leafs not showing up has nothing to do with how good these Bs are, that's kind of an annoying narrative.

I really do hope you’re right, and that the Bruins are this much better right now than our young players. That’s MUCH better for us than for them just lacking the character to show up.

Thanks for trying to make us leafs fans feel better when we’re feeling low.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Wow! And you actually think that's alaughable comment. LOL
Did you know someone just argued with me Florida is a better team than Toronto?

It’s insanely laughable. Please tell me why you think he’s better. I’ve asked you already and you haven’t given me any reason besides “he’s better”.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
You won't be winning anything with him

Puts Nylander. Marner in the bottom 6. Gives his all star Zach Hyman to Play with.

I love how he is wasting this team’s cheap years
Nylander deserves the 4th line and Brown deserves a bump as does Kapanen. Saying Marner will get bottom 6 minutes shows you don't know what your talking about. The Kadri line will end up with more ice time then the bozak line. Babcock is just fine....

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Nylander deserves the 4th line and Brown deserves a bump as does Kapanen. Saying Marner will get bottom 6 minutes shows you don't k ow what your talking about. The Kadri line will end up with more ice time then the bozak line. Babcock is just fine....
Thats interesting I dont remember typing the sentence ‘Marner will get bottom 6 minutes’

You must have an older computer.

Babcock is terrible and your fan bade is blind to it (even though every single fan hates on him after every game so you know you just ignore it)

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
your entire post is just a comforting perspective to avoid the truth

white lies are good for us sometimes though
If you say so.

Our young players not being ready yet is a MUCH better scenario than them lacking the character of even showing up.

Thanks for trying to make us feel better though. I hope you’re right. Our young team is just being outplayed. That’s what I HOPE thenproblem is. But not what I believe. They haven’t shown up.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Thats interesting I dont remember typing the sentence ‘Marner will get bottom 6 minutes’

You must have an older computer.

Babcock is terrible and your fan bade is blind to it (even though every single fan hates on him after every game so you know you just ignore it)
Ya you did. You said plays nylander marner in the bottom 6. Any line marner is on is not bottom 6

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
'I am from Toronto and I agree 100% with this. The Leafs are done. I am not making excuses but they got Boston 1st round who happens to be the best team in the playoffs right now, and are built to win the Cup again this season. '

Does anyone agree with this take? I don't think Boston has been the best team in the playoffs. SJ and the Vegas Knights were more impressive. Tampa and Pittsburgh have been equally as impressive. I also don't think Toronto would compete well with Tampa or Pittsburgh. It seems they're in the muck with Columbus, Caps, Philly, and Devils. It's still pretty impressive considering the age of their core.

This post wreaks of a Leafs fan trying to cope with the fact that they're team may not make it out of the first round.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
'I am from Toronto and I agree 100% with this. The Leafs are done. I am not making excuses but they got Boston 1st round who happens to be the best team in the playoffs right now, and are built to win the Cup again this season. '

Does anyone agree with this take? I don't think Boston has been the best team in the playoffs. SJ and the Vegas Knights were more impressive. Tampa and Pittsburgh have been equally as impressive. I also don't think Toronto would compete well with Tampa or Pittsburgh. It seems they're in the muck with Columbus, Caps, Philly, and Devils. It's still pretty impressive considering the age of their core.

This post wreaks of a Leafs fan trying to cope with the fact that they're team may not make it out of the first round.

That's exactly what it is. The Bs are better than the Leafs this was known. And they've been real good, but of course the only reason the Leafs lost is because the Bs must be the greatest playoff team of all time.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don’t cope with not making the playoffs by berating fans of other teams who have made the playoffs. But I can understand that awful posters can make me want to see another team fail.

I enjoy Leafs fans being confronted by reality. They have Rogers sucking their **** all year long so they think they are clever.

I derive no joy from seeing the actual Leafs get crushed. The team is mostly likeable to be honest.

But when they have the worst fanbase (due to size, any group that large will have far more idiots than not) and the biggest (and scummiest) national telecoms company behind them, it is very hard to not be overjoyed when Leafs are revealed for what they are: massively overrated.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I was sarcastly exaggerating to poke fun at all the “LOL Leafs players and their team is terrible” posts.

It’s hard to interpret tone on a message board. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to show how smart I can be, and that people won’t take me seriously now. It hurts more than cheering for the Leafs.

Why not just say that at the start?

This are discussion boards, hard to have a discussion when you're all over the place and hard to follow.

Thanks for the clarity though!

Xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad