Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I usually treat sports as entertainment and not let game outcomes affect my day to day. But after what happened last season I left the Garden angry as I've ever been with this team. I already have the ending in my head so that I can be ready to accept our fate as fans of this team

Game 6 - Nylander recovers enough to score the winning goal to force a Game 7.
Game 7 - Matthews, fresh off his death bed, scores the overtime game winner.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
There is something wrong with Pasta as well, he does not have his usual drive and speed.
He has been wacked a lot (because he is the Bs best goal scorer). He isn't smiling (at all) which is unusual for him.

Last night (after getting nailed for the 100th time) he came back to the bench, sat next to Linus and just hung his head and looked miserable. Linus put his arm around Pasta and said something to him. Pasta looked gratefully at Linus and said " I am OK".

I will watch him next home game. Hopefully he is fine.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I'm lazy and I'm watching something else right now. How old is Steven stamkos? Has he plateaued as a player? Has his play been steady or has it deteriorated?

I'm embarrassed to say I honestly don't know cuz I have not been following him this year.
34 yrs 40 goals this season,previous two 35 and 45 I would say he’s still pretty darned good.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
He has been wacked a lot (because he is the Bs best goal scorer). He isn't smiling (at all) which is unusual for him.

Last night (after getting nailed for the 100th time) he came back to the bench, sat next to Linus and just hung his head and looked miserable. Linus put his arm around Pasta and said something to him. Pasta looked gratefully at Linus and said " I am OK".

Big problem is his line mates aren’t scoring not 5-5 anyway so doesn’t take any attention of him.Although no one is producing much 5-5 which could become a big issue if last nights game was any indication of how things are going to be from here on out this series.I think this is going to be the Blues series all over again.

Next home game you assuming a game 7 ?

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Big problem is his line mates aren’t scoring not 5-5 anyway so doesn’t take any attention of him.Although no one is producing much 5-5 which could become a big issue if last nights game was any indication of how things are going to be from here on out this series.I think this is going to be the Blues series all over again.

Next home game you assuming a game 7 ?
No...Game 3 :crossfing

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The Leafs kept the Bruins hemmed in their own end for long stretches,not sure what the blocked shots numbers were ,but they sure seemed to be firing a lot of shots from the points.For the life of me I don’t get why the Bruins aren’t better at cycling the puck .
Or shooting from the point with SLAPSHOTS that are meant to tear through to the net and cause havoc. Their lack of slapshots from the point the past several seasons is a huge void IMO. But that's just one of several issues right now.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Thanks for the update, hope Pasta is okay and can get back to his usual game soon, we need him.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I agree but it is not a usual game, and the Leafs are doing their best (of course) to keep him from scoring. I am sure he is frustrated.
I agree he must be frustrated, I am just wondering if he was hurt, because he just is not entering the o-zone with speed and drive like he normally does. I hope our boys can win tonight, so I can stop hearing about the leafs on every media outlet in Canada, even at my work.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I agree he must be frustrated, I am just wondering if he was hurt, because he just is not entering the o-zone with speed and drive like he normally does. I hope our boys can win tonight, so I can stop hearing about the leafs on every media outlet in Canada, even at my work.
I hope they win tonight too. He (and others) may be playing hurt. That is not strange for this time of year.

I am not sure my blood pressure or credit card can take a game 7.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Do you pay Stamkos $9m a year, knowing you'll likely have to overcommit on term?

Who do you move out? Zacha? Coyle? Both?

You assume Poitras figures into the top-6 moving forward.

They need an injection of talent in the top-6, whether it's at center, wing, or both.
I'm not married to this group of forwards, and I'd look at ways to bring in some dynamic pieces.
Sweene said lady summer they would be going big game hunting summer of 24. Didn't have the cap room ladt summer. Bruins will look better in October than they do now. Count on that.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Or shooting from the point with SLAPSHOTS that are meant to tear through to the net and cause havoc. Their lack of slapshots from the point the past several seasons is a huge void IMO. But that's just one of several issues right now.
The fact that they don’t generate much from the points makes the forcheck game a lot less effective,means most of the forcheck and cycling the puck is mostly in the corners,it doesn’t get the other team running around like the Leafs have been doing to the Bruins.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I'm lazy and I'm watching something else right now. How old is Steven stamkos? Has he plateaued as a player? Has his play been steady or has it deteriorated?

I'm embarrassed to say I honestly don't know cuz I have not been following him this year.
40 goals this year, 81 points , 116 goals the last 3years, 56% FO ............I am not a fan of giving big contracts to older players, and am not sure what it would take to get him too sign, but he would be a exception for me , he is what I call a true hockey player, I will admit he is one of favorite players that we have played against.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
40 goals this year, 81 points , 116 goals the last 3years, 56% FO ............I am not a fan of giving big contracts to older players, and am not sure what it would take to get him too sign, but he would be a exception for me , he is what I call a true hockey player, I will admit he is one of favorite players that we have played against.
Do we know that he is looking at a long term contract,he will turn 35 this season .He may just want big bucks for a few .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad