Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Oh yeah we came VERY close to Pasta being done for the season, his leg got caught up under him after a collision and he was laboring the rest of that shift. Don’t think he missed much time if any but it was ugly and it wouldn’t shock me if he tweaked something

Reactions: Ladyfan and Gordoff

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Of course the reporters didn't ask the only question that most fans wanted to hear...
"Why did you change the lineup for game 5 after a two game winning streak??

Instead they asked a couple of dumb questions, and Monty replied "We weren't good enough .....and they were better" Some really insightful stuff there Jim.

These reporters should've interviewed Blades instead

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
@DKH please @ me when you post your summary of the game from your perspective
I didn’t go - first playoff game missed in years. I didn’t feel well I went to doctors said I’ll live but prescribed meds - and went to bed early and didn’t watch it. I was supposed to go but passed and my friend took someone else/kid.

It’s nothing major but didn’t feel well but God willing I’ll be at next game 7 or Florida.

I taped and figured I’d watch this morning - I actually just woke up checked score and was shocked to see they lost.

Going back to bed and probably going to skip watching it

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Of course the reporters didn't ask the only question that most fans wanted to hear...
"Why did you change the lineup for game 5 after a two game winning streak??

Instead they asked a couple of dumb questions, and Monty replied "We weren't good enough .....and they were better" Some really insightful stuff there Jim.

These reporters should've interviewed Blades instead

The answer should have been

I'm a really stupid coach, not sure why they hired me. And all the yes men behind could never contradict me because they're even dumber than me ...... if that's even possible .

I think it's a really good idea to take out my top faceoff man because why would you want to win a faceoff when you can take it from them right? ..... sometimes, almost never, actually.

Anyway love my changes , Toronto was just better........

BECAUSE YOU ICED A LOSING LINEUP YOU f***ING MORON.

MORON AND MAROON CAN RIDE OF INTO ........... THE SUN .

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I didn’t go - first playoff game missed in years. I didn’t feel well I went to doctors said I’ll live but prescribed meds - and went to bed early and didn’t watch it. I was supposed to go but passed and my friend took someone else/kid.

It’s nothing major but didn’t feel well but God willing I’ll be at next game 7 or Florida.

I taped and figured I’d watch this morning - I actually just woke up checked score and was shocked to see they lost.

Hope you're feeling better soon....there's no point watching the game

Swayman was the only Bruin who came to play

Hopefully the rest of the team will show up for game 6

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Screenshot_20240501_004042_Reddit.jpg

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Looks like another blown series, I have never seen such poor play for a team that looked like the Leafs did not even belong in the play-offs. Well, it really does not matter because to win a cup you have to have the desire to win. What I saw was a team that looked flat and lifeless. They just seem to not care and I am about ready to accept another one and done series loss. Totally the worst performance by a playoff team.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I think the biggest thing tonight is shooters kept acting like they were facing Bob or a better goalie out there, plenty of chances coming in with numbers and space and they didn’t elect to just shoot while on the go

Do that on half of those chances and you likely get the winner before reg is over.

They just didn’t test Woll enough, he made some good saves for sure, but they needed to fire on him a lot more as direct shots he often looks only, average and shake a few times

They had some golden chances in the third.

Oh well, still up. They can take game 6, I personally think it’s going 7, but they absolutely can win game 6. Hell, they could win with their best performance of the series and clobber them 6-1. You don’t know what you’re going to get with this team

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I fully expect this team to be carved by the Boston media that care tonight and tomorrow the way the Leafs were after their pathetic effort at home.

Choke after record-breaking year and then follow it up with choke in centennial? Yeah, it’ll push them down to a dark place for the next decade with fans and the city.

I just watched Vancouver downward spiral for 9 years. It’s quick and difficult to break out of.
I don't expect that. Boston media if filled with fanboys and guys who want to get a job with the team. The Ty Andersons of the world will never criticize the team.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Looks like the Bruins board and the Leafs boards traded places from game 4 to game 5. Copy and paste, change the players names. The thing is the Leafs played terribly as well but now the Bruins are finished, and the leafs are planning the parade again.

That was a terrible game by both teams except the goalies. I hope Carlo is okay, that would be a huge loss. Tomorrow's game is at 8:00? Why?????

I am very disappointed they didn't finish the leafs last night, they were there for the taking. I am still confident the Bruins win the series but why do they have to make it so hard on themselves and their fans?

Way too many cocky posters here yesterday too, probably the ones whining the most because now they look even more ridiculous.

nasero

Oct 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Looks like the Bruins board and the Leafs boards traded places from game 4 to game 5. Copy and paste, change the players names. The thing is the Leafs played terribly as well but now the Bruins are finished, and the leafs are planning the parade again.

That was a terrible game by both teams except the goalies. I hope Carlo is okay, that would be a huge loss. Tomorrow's game is at 8:00? Why?????

I am very disappointed they didn't finish the leafs last night, they were there for the taking. I am still confident the Bruins win the series but why do they have to make it so hard on themselves and their fans?

Way too many cocky posters here yesterday too, probably the ones whining the most because now they look even more ridiculous.

I think people are just frustrated. We once again needlessly changed a working lineup, put back in players that have been bad and on top of all that the majority of the players were out of sync and didn't even look like they wanted to play.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
They just cannot do anything the easy way, look at the Panthers, Rangers, Canes and Avs take care of business, you can't think because you are up 3-1 that the series is over, you have to play every game as if it is an elimination game.

WTF was Montgomery doing putting in Brazeau? The guy has not played in over a month and is slow as molasses, you cannot have him and Maroon in at the same time, let alone he had them on the same line, while Beecher a big guy with tons of speed and good on face-offs sits, he has to be the dumbest coach in the NHL, then you have Sweeney and Neely who let him makes those changes.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland

Feel better👍

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland

Overall as just playoff games go….that was a bad hockey game. Bad ice. Refs were meh, leafs didn’t exactly dominate and the Bruins thought it was an exhibition game in September vs Buffalo. After game 4 I thought there was no possible way they lose. No chance. Instead I’ve been taken back in time to round one 2023 vs FLA and all the stuff I felt then is back and then some. Simply unbelievable. The lucky ones last night were the ones that missed it. Nothing is worse than watching a game and well before the halfway mark you just get the feeling they cannot pull this one out. Golden chances in the third then a few in OT proved that.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Home teams now 17-20 in the playoffs. I truly believe that the Bruins have to win game 6, they will choke in game 7 at home, that's what they do. Insert Beecher and Lauko and take out Brazeau and JVR, we need speed, energy and Beecher's FO skills back in the lineup. Gryz needs to be left back in Boston, just a terrible playoff performer, wouldn't hurt if Montgomery remained in Boston too, I mean how can any coach have his team come out so flat, uninspired in such a big game. Going back to his Dallas days he is now 0-6 in his last 6 elimination games.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think everyone is allowed one over reaction per series so here is mine:

1. Monty should be fired if we lose this series. Brazeau is a fringe NHL'er and he dresses. Gryz is f***in terrible and Shatty sits for him.

2. Coyle or Zacha or both better f***ing score in game 6.......because the narrative of lacking a top C is true right now. Can't be putting up goose eggs.

3. Pasta has gotta get his head out of his ass. You're the best player in this series, start f***in acting like it.

4. McAvoy.......if I watch you watch another goal while doing nothing about it, I'll personally drive to Boston, and beat the f*** outta you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad