BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 5 4/30 7:11 PM - Jack Edwards’ final home game broadcast - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Hate to give them ideas, but Clode would be a good coach for them.
He would instill a defensive structuire. The question would be if the top stars buy into it. Reduce their numbers by 15%, would they be okay with that ? Guessing not.

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland

I don’t know what’s funnier: the Leafs big players melting down on the bench…..or the TO homer media doing the same! LOL! The media in TO sound like some of the people that post on the Leafs board. HHHMMMMMM……………….makes me wonder……????

The TO media are a joke. All year it was Matthews is this and that and 70 goals and what a core and they are definitely Cup contenders and they are in the hunt and look at the latest odds…..the Leafs are a favourite to win the Cup, etc etc etc………now? Well let’s just say if they were on the Titanic they would be pushing the elderly and children out of their way to be first in the lifeboats. If you live in Canada you’ve got to be chuckling at how this has turned out……..once again.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Several months ago, on local radio, I heard that the Leafs were asked a bunch of questions about their teammates, similar to what they do with the Bruins at time. When asked which player talks the most about their junior hockey days, they all replied it was Marner, making comments about how he never shuts up about it.....so I think this is exactly what Nylander said to him. He was a London Knight and they are very dominant, so his glory days obviously.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Before the injury, he played 20 games. He had 38 hits , 36 blocked shots, and was a+9.. Being an ultimate team guy he came back when he wasn't 100% and struggled . He played great hockey before the injury.

My biggest question / concern is , is he actually healthy, or is he still limited by injuries.

Ya forbort was huge for us at the start of the year. Idk how anyone can say he was terrible. He was definitey pretty bad his last 10 or so games when you could tell he was injured.

Goalies still saved 92% of shots when he was on the ice even strength and I remember it being above 93% until his injury.

Could say he was playing his best hockey as a Bruin the first couple months this year.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
This is the first game of this series that I'll be able to watch on my TV at home. I watched games 1–4 on my laptop while on vaycay in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. The howler monkeys in the trees outside our airbnb were cheering for the Bruins. They know who to howl for. We also stayed in a glamping dome, and this was the game-day set-up there:

Attachments

• IMG_7630.JPG
    IMG_7630.JPG
    496.3 KB · Views: 1

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
This is the first game of this series that I'll be able to watch on my TV at home. I watched games 1–4 on my laptop while on vaycay in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. The howler monkeys in the trees outside our airbnb were cheering for the Bruins. They know who to howl for. We also stayed in a glamping dome, and this was the game-day set-up there:
Wow very nice!

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I must be in the minority but I’d rather Forbort than Lohrei right now. Lohrei can move the puck like a top 4 dman but he needs to work on not turning the puck over in the defensive zone. He seems to struggle making that quick decision during a strong forecheck and it leads to turnovers/bad passes.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I must be in the minority but I’d rather Forbort than Lohrei right now. Lohrei can move the puck like a top 4 dman but he needs to work on not turning the puck over in the defensive zone. He seems to struggle making that quick decision during a strong forecheck and it leads to turnovers/bad passes.
And Forbort is so good at quick decision making and passing against a strong forecheck? Lol.

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
Lohrei's inexperience does give me hiccups now and then but If we see Forbert or heaven forbid Gryz again I'll need a Prozac.

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I still don't trust Lohrei right now, but there's no predicting which version of Forbort is ready to go tomorrow night. If Forbort plays I would rather it be with 7D, but that probably makes more sense on the road anyway

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I still don't trust Lohrei right now, but there's no predicting which version of Forbort is ready to go tomorrow night. If Forbort plays I would rather it be with 7D, but that probably makes more sense on the road anyway
No reason to guy 7D when you have three horses who can eat minutes like we have.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
If Monty inserts Forbort into the lineup at any point this series, it might be more brain dead than any decision he made against Florida. The guy is COOKED

I don't think Forbort gets a start, at least not yet. But I suspect a lot of people are judging his abilities based on his play earlier this season, when he was clearly hampered by injury to the point where he required two separate surgeries. Obviously he wasn't in good shape. But if the procedures have done the job and he's now fully fit again, then I think he becomes a viable option again.

I wouldn't race him back into the lineup, don't think he's in the best 6 at least at this stage. But as a depth option, sure, he's experienced, shown he can perform at the required level for a long time, history suggests that Monty is a fan, so he has to at least be in the conversation.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins must treat this as game 7. Just come out attack WOLL. He has not played in awhile and is likely rusty. I know he came in the third last game but we where sitting back too.
definitely get in his face alot

He would instill a defensive structuire. The question would be if the top stars buy into it. Reduce their numbers by 15%, would they be okay with that ? Guessing not.
I think Leafs biggest issue is they lack that true stud on backend .Reilly puts up pts but he is not no horse.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I don't even think Claude could fix a team's defensive corps that has one top four defenseman and the rest being 5/6/7D on a good team while also having a weak goaltending duo.

The Leafs were able to get away with a zone defense that clogged the middle of the defensive zone during the season because teams didn't bother trying to get to the middle of the ice. Toronto's defensive system has always been a team defense that keeps the puck to the perimeter and use speed to retrieve the pucks for the quick outs. Surprisingly, their GM got tougher, more physical defensemen that don't have the ability to do so.

If the Bruins can get the puck deep and force Toronto to play defense, they should have some success tomorrow. The Bruins need to bring it though.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad