ECQF Game 4: Washington Capitals @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:30 PM ET | SN,TVAS2, USA, FS-O, NBCSWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Oh, I think, for the time being at least, the Caps fans have cornered the market on playoff disappointment. And yet, the masochists that we are, every year we start believing "this is the year".

No doubt but my point is at least the Caps have some playoff experiences. Plus the Caps have won the President's Trophy, the Metro. It's not the Cup but the Jackets have never even won the lottery.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
No doubt but my point is at least the Caps have some plastic experiences. Plus the Caps have won the President's Trophy, the Metro. It's not the Cup but the Jackets have never even won the lottery.

Speaking of the lottery, can you imagine the outrage if Edmonton wins another lottery? Don't worry though, I'm sure they'd draft yet another forward.

Reactions: apollo71426

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You know what you're going to get with Tom Wilson. He's had his fair share of dumb and dirty plays. The referees are not going to give him the benefit of the doubt, at this point he's always going to have more unfair calls against him than almost anyone else. Everyone knows it. If you're the coach, it's the risk you're willing to take and you only have yourself to blame if you get burned.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Instead of Wilson, I am more pissed off that the Jackets are going to let us down again. I feel for the Caps playoff experience but at least the the Caps have done SOMETHING. The Jackets have been one of the worst franchises in all sports.

The Caps haven't done what was expected of them, and the window closes after these playoffs.
The Blue Jackets are getting better each year and they a lot of young talent. Panarin, Jones, Wennberg, Werenski, the list goes on and on.

I'd be more optimistic as a Blue Jackets fan than I am as a Caps fan.

Reactions: apollo71426

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
Am I biased or does this game have about as much energy (fans and players) as a pre-season game?

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
@Edmonton

Ovechkin for #1 pick? :)

No way Leonsis gives up his gravy train, marketing machine. He makes him too much money. But if the Caps lose in the first, or even second round, again this year, they need to stop deluding themselves into thinking that what they're currently doing is working and try something different .... and that should include major roster changes.

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
No way Leonsis gives up his gravy train, marketing machine. He makes him too much money. But if the Caps lose in the first, or even second round, again this year, they need to stop deluding themselves into thinking that what they're currently doing is working and try something different .... and that should include major roster changes.
Yea but I still believe a team that can consistenly make long playoff runs will make more than a team with an aging, marketable player (in the long run).

There is 0 evidence that an Ovechkin led team will ever consistently make deep playoff runs.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Instead of Wilson, I am more pissed off that the Jackets are going to let us down again. I feel for the Caps playoff experience but at least the the Caps have done SOMETHING. The Jackets have been one of the worst franchises in all sports.

You're too hard on your team. Last time I checked, they're still leading the series.

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
No doubt but my point is at least the Caps have some playoff experiences. Plus the Caps have won the President's Trophy, the Metro. It's not the Cup but the Jackets have never even won the lottery.
Caps may not be the best comparison. The past 9 years have been torture for most cap fans.

I yearn for the post-Jagr and pre-Ovechkin years. Absolutely terrible but you knew what you were getting :)

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
The Caps haven't done what was expected of them, and the window closes after these playoffs.
The Blue Jackets are getting better each year and they a lot of young talent. Panarin, Jones, Wennberg, Werenski, the list goes on and on.

I'd be more optimistic as a Blue Jackets fan than I am as a Caps fan.

Neither of these teams are coming close to the Cup in the forseable future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad