GDT: ECQF GAME 4 : WARNING: EXPLODING DEFENSEMEN (WSH vs NYR G4, 8pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Its really IMO a must win for NYR this year or next given how old Panarin/Zibby/Gooderow/Trocheck/Kreider are...window is gonna shut fast thereafter regardless of what young talent they have as those guys are obviously big pieces in postseason hockey and once you're 32-33-34 or older the odds of making a run or performing well drop once you've played 100 games. I think whoever gets out of that next series wins it all for sure

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
Ovechkin is an embarrassment, zero physicality, zero effort, zero heart and he is the captain, he is a joke, big f***ing joke, just ship him back to Russia already

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Its really IMO a must win for NYR this year or next given how old Panarin/Zibby/Gooderow/Trocheck/Kreider are...window is gonna shut fast thereafter regardless of what young talent they have as those guys are obviously big pieces in postseason hockey and once you're 32-33-34 or older the odds of making a run or performing well drop once you've played 100 games. I think whoever gets out of that next series wins it all for sure
Pretty sure they will be a force next year too

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
That was a crappy finish to your season's hopes. That Flyers game thing and all. I remember having to study it just to figure out what happened

Yeah it was confusing as hell. Honestly the Red Wings had plenty of chances to control their own fate and didn't deliver. But it was a messy way to get knocked out at the last minute.

They would've gotten their ass handed to them but it would've been nice for the younger guys to experience the post season.

Reactions: trilobyte and Pez68

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Wings would have made it much more interesting, I think. But they lost twice to the Caps to finish the season, right? That's just bad.

Yup. They could've clinched it themselves and not left it to that mess of a last few days but didn't.

Reactions: Pez68

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
We've heard it all before. Blah blah blah

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Yeah it was confusing as hell. Honestly the Red Wings had plenty of chances to control their own fate and didn't deliver. But it was a messy way to get knocked out at the last minute.

They would've gotten their ass handed to them but it would've been nice for the younger guys to experience the post season.

I said in early March I felt NYI/PIT would both get in as Caps were a mess since they started hot and Wings/Flyers were young still and not ready for that grind late. I almost was right, Pens needed 1 more W

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
I said in early March I felt NYI/PIT would both get in as Caps were a mess since they started hot and Wings/Flyers were young still and not ready for that grind late. I almost was right, Pens needed 1 more W

The intensity picked up for sure as the playoffs drew near and it definitely got harder for a middling Wings team to win games. They were in a pretty cushy spot in February but then Larkin went out and the team fell to shambles and they lost all they had gained.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
He’s overweight and out of shape. Hopefully he will try to work out and get prepared for the season but realistically his goal now is 20 goals per year

I have always wondered if he's a smoker given how early he went gray. That can obviously be genetics but many times when people have that much gray hair at 30-32 as he did its a sign they are a tobacco user. That would explain somewhat the fact he had a pretty severe dip in production for a time there til Trotz came in as coach and why maybe now he looks dead compared to guys like Jagr etc we have seen play til 40 or more

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
I agree.

That 38 year old who’s played 20 seasons with almost 1500 games played over 1500pts 850 goals and a Stanley cup is an absolute embarrassment. How dare he.
Exactly why his effort is embarrassing, if he doesn’t care to play just retire

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I have always wondered if he's a smoker given how early he went gray. That can obviously be genetics but many times when people have that much gray hair at 30-32 as he did its a sign they are a tobacco user. That would explain somewhat the fact he had a pretty severe dip in production for a time there til Trotz came in as coach and why maybe now he looks dead compared to guys like Jagr etc we have seen play til 40 or more
His father was all gray very early

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
This game is "wonder what's going on in the NBA game" level of boring. Pretty much watching it just to see the handshake at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad