Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 4 - BRUINS head home with a 3-1 series lead.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Leaf fans are on the ledge waiting to jump. They are clinging to the Bruins record last year where they faltered. The Leafs will come out hard in the next game simply because their season depends on it. Bruins just have to match or better their intensity. The two Sesame Street characters Domi and Bert will put on their side show. Reaves will be Reaves out their intimidating smaller players trying to drag the Bruins into the gutter with him. Hopefully Bruins get some axillary scoring from bottom lines. 🙏

In fairness I’m also clinging to what happened last year. It’s a regional pastime to expect the worst.

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
Agree but Marner at rock bottom

Toronto retains half and get Mitch to learn from Brad how to be a winner

Maybe Bergy takes him out to the 99 for lunch as well

Marner is Middleton like talent - Donny needs to get out his magic corn
Don’t we need centres more than wingers?

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I won't say never, but almost impossible to teach someone to accept the physical side of hockey. Either it is in you or it is not. I don't watch Marner, but if he avoids contact as much as I have read recently, I don't think it is something anyone will be able to teach/instill on him. Not expecting him to crash into the boards or knock people around, but Pasta and Zacha are high skilled, and are physical in the sense Marner would need to be. I don't see it and I think everyone would be disappointed.
My 2 cents worth.

Last edited:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I know we're all aware of how well Jeremy Swayman has been playing, but these numbers are just too eye-popping...

Swayman over the last two seasons + playoffs vs. the Maple Leafs
  • 7-0
  • 1.27 GAA
  • .959 Sv%
During the same time-frame, ALL OTHER goaltender average stats vs the Maple Leafs
  • 3.47 GAA
  • .891 Sv%

In other words, it has taken the Leafs an average of ~9 shots to score on an average NHL goalie, while it has taken the Leafs an average of ~24 shots to score a goal on Jeremy Swayman.
I love your numbers.

Reactions: khanomcat

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
What's interesting is that none of them have demanded a trade yet. All the first round exits, game 7 embarrassments and losing to Zamboni drivers. They've accepted losing. Reilly and Eichel got out of Buffalo after they figured they couldn't fix it from within and immediately won cups. Have some pride
Like the song goes, it's all about the money, money, money.
If you wanted a cup, no one would choose Toronto until they righted that ship.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not really
Zacha
Coyle
Bouvist
Geekie
Poitras
Merkulov
Beecher

All work

Maybe if you can’t resign DeBrusk you add Elias Lindholm (I’m a fan of his) but what are you paying him

Swayman & Bussi (I’m told by someone who knows he’s almost as good as Swayman)

Lohrei will join top 4 D

They can’t even get metkulov in and I like his 200 foot game and plus skills hockey brain

Poitras?

The bruins aren’t a collection of wow guys like Vegas but they are going to be very good and entertaining

I think bringing back majority of same team (trade Linus to LA for Lafreniere & a pick) they will be better

Jake leaves E Lindholm my target but probably 6/48 whereas DeBrusk much less and younger

Marner is no Middleton, start with the heart.
Don’t ruin my post - it took me a few minutes to type Middleton

Seriously though - Middleton was big game player - the game 7 too many men on ice he was best player on it

Middleton- Pederson my all time favorite duo although Bergeron & Marchand in the convo

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
They let off the gas in the third to "protect" the lead and lost momentum IMO. I hate when teams try to protect the lead instead of just playing. Maybe in the last few minutes but not the whole period
Yes agree, look at Nashville yesterday

Reactions: BMC

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Not really
Zacha
Coyle
Bouvist
Geekie
Poitras
Merkulov
Beecher

All work

Maybe if you can’t resign DeBrusk you add Elias Lindholm (I’m a fan of his) but what are you paying him

Lohrei will join top 4 D

They can’t even get metkulov in and I like his 200 foot game and plus skills hockey brain

Poitras?

The bruins aren’t a collection of wow guys like Vegas but they are going to be very good and entertaining

I think bringing back majority of same team (trade Linus to LA for Lafreniere & a pick) they will be better

Jake leaves E Lindholm my target but probably 6/48 whereas DeBrusk much less and younger

Seriously though - Middleton was big game player - the game 7 too many men on ice he was best player on it

Middleton- Pederson my all time favorite duo although Bergeron & Marchand in the convo
The list of centers you provided is depth, but I think they really could use a high end center.
Some one in the 75-80 pts a year, and good on the draw. Of course every team can use one of those, but the B's lack one, and nothing in the pipeline that jumps out as that kind of player.

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
Not really
Zacha
Coyle
Bouvist
Geekie
Poitras
Merkulov
Beecher

All work

Lohrei will join top 4 D

Poitras?

You make some very good points. And as has been pointed out, this year Coyle and Zacha actually outscored Bergeron and Krejci’s Final seasons. I guess I just yearn for someone who can win clutch faceoffs.

Reactions: DKH

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Not really
Zacha
Coyle
Bouvist
Geekie
Poitras
Merkulov
Beecher

All work

Lohrei will join top 4 D

Poitras?

Add Freddy into the list of guys who can play centers on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00