Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Grizz better stop passing pucks to their D too.Use the glass .I do not care who plays but they need to be assertive.
Gryz is too spineless to be assertive. He does not belong in the playoffs

..he's a liability to the Bruins come playoff time

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
"No wonder why I'm bagged."
Ok Jake, Marchy can tell you about being "bagged" after three 7 game series on the way to the Cup. This is only Game 3 of the 1st round.
I am glad Jake is playing hard, we definitely need him to play this way.
I can't believe Keefe said Marchy is "world class" in getting calls from the refs, calling it "an art". "He's been in the league a long time and he knows how to get calls."
@Ladyfan, what do you think about that?
The calls he gets are usually penalties against him. How many games did we see this year where Marchand had been everything but decapitated, and still could not draw a whistle on the perpetrator. Whiny Leafs deserve to lose.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Series so far-
Bruins PP%? 50%
Laughs? 9.1%

Those big contracts have paid dividends when it counts, I see..

• Haha
Reactions: KWbruin

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Dangles is losing his shit "Leafs got jobbed." LOL, what a schmuck.

Steve's a smart guy (and he's playing to the bleachers) but he shows here why the Leafs continue to create problems for themselves - even he falls for the predictable but erroneous narrative that because probably the most obvious non-call of the night, Marchand's trip of Bert, was missed, it means the Leafs got screwed by the refs and that's a key part of why they lost. It's not. Yes that play led to a goal that shouldn't have happened, but so did Lohrei's phantom penalty the other way. And while I'll happily concede that the officiating was bad in general and both teams copped silly decisions, overall it seems clear to me that the Bruins had the worst of it. And still won anyway.

Obviously Dangle's just a fan, but Keefe was sprouting the same silly nonsense, so it runs deep into the psyche of that team. And yes the coach is being tactical and trying to get the refs on his side for the next game by crying 'poor us', but still, at some level they all believe it's true. Good. The more they focus on external issues and casting around blame and less on addressing their own deficiencies, the better it is for the Bs.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight was the most riotous I have ever seen at Scotiabank Arena.

A woman wearing a Bruins sweater screaming at a woman wearing a Leafs' sweater and the woman suddenly had the sweater torn off completely and she then threw her beer at the woman and security tossed her.....

Everyone senses this series will go the full 7 and Game 7 is slotted for primetime on ABC on May 4th which means Jack's final game on NESN could be a Game 6 in Toronto.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
After Marchand and Swayman, great games from DeBrusk, Freddy, McAvoy, Carlo.

I thought Pasta was pretty good, nothing to show for it.

Lohrei had a scary turnover late, but I thought he was pretty good.

When Carlo is 100% healthy, he truly is one of the best shutdown Ds in the league. He’s been great so far.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Heinen had a very underrated game - the pass to set Zacha up on breakaway Short handed in first, then Marchand for winner

Great to see Marchand deliver he’s been pressing

Win this series and see what’s next

I think they are good enough to get out of this conference but a lot of work to be done

I probably would go with Swayman because they have extra day - but Ullmark was very good game 2

It’s been 29 games rotation but I think they play better infront of Swayman

Tonight was the most riotous I have ever seen at Scotiabank Arena.

A woman wearing a Bruins sweater screaming at a woman wearing a Leafs' sweater and the woman suddenly had the sweater torn off completely and she then threw her beer at the woman and security tossed her.....

Everyone senses this series will go the full 7 and Game 7 is slotted for primetime on ABC on May 4th which means Jack's final game on NESN could be a Game 6 in Toronto.
Give me 5 or 6

No 7

Bruins of course

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Torontos coach Keefe when asked about Marchand getting away with things.

“It’s an art and he’s elite at it”

Respect the answer. I think he was getting baited but didn’t take it. We’ve had other opposing coaches cry to refs so this is at least refreshing

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Marchand was amazing - thank you Bert, you are feeding him exactly what he needs. He was smiling on the bench after one of their tangles, he laps that stuff up. I hope @dafoomie is making a highlights reel, it is so much better than anything produced by SportsNet.

Imagine if Marchand tripped Sammy like that? Leafs fans are delusional and the media feeds it. Keefe knows he can't lose this series, he has no strategy other than bitching about things the fans want to hear. The culture in Toronto is a rotten to the core, keep it that way please.

Enjoy the break boys, it is going to be beautiful weather and will be inspirational to be in the hometown of the GOAT. I hope those rumours are true.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Statement game from the captain. Big time clutch performance in crunch time. Swayman is coming into super stardom. Unflappable. A rock. Wasn't a Picasso but it rarely is in late April. Was not an easy game to win, but they grinded it out, I'll take it and Swayman has to start. I think the Bruins team feeds off his cockiness/toughness back there.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yeah, sorry if I jinx it, but I don't get it with Tavares.

What is his "elite" asset?

.938 PPG over a 15-year career. That's elite in itself, puts him in the top 100 of all time. Incredibly consistent production. Nothing flashy, just very solid. On the flip side his playoff record is underwhelming and despite his stats I think it's easy to argue he's overpaid. I'm glad he didn't join the Bruins when the opportunity was potentially there. And I guess that's the thing that's missing - the 'something special', whatever that is, that sets the real greats apart and helps them make the big plays in the big games, just isn't there with Tavares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad