Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
According to what I found, nobody. Morgan Rielly was acquired in 2012, but spent the 12-13 season with the Marlies. Everyone else was acquired in 2014 or later.
Without looking I figured Rielly but wasn't sure.
I'm sure JVR still remembers it pretty well. :laugh:

Marchand, too. Don't think anyone else was around; Rielly's the ranking veteran on the Leafs but he wasn't on the roster til the following year.
I forgot about jvr hahaha.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
No call because there was no penalty there.
Sure, there was no boarding either.

Something to note- in 2018 and 2019 we had Freddy Andersen in net for both of those game 7s, who was a notorious game 7/series clinching game choker up until that point, going something like 0-4 in game 7's and 0-8 in series clinching games up until that point. That' s something that can mentally ruin a team
We also had Jake Gardiner, who was basically a 6th Bruin on the ice

I'm sure JVR still remembers it pretty well. :laugh:

Marchand, too. Don't think anyone else was around; Rielly's the ranking veteran on the Leafs but he wasn't on the roster til the following year.
JVR Took a nasty elbow from Lucic in that game as well lmao I'm sure he remembers it

Reactions: Summer Rose

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The non call on the boarding was bullshit. You have to call that.If that’s McAvoy they would of called it.
They let both Marchand and Bertuzzi go at each other without calling either guy and the Bs benefited. We can't turn around and complain when they let both penalties go this time around and it hurts us now.

Last edited:

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Who on the Leafs is still there today that was there in 2013? The Bruins roster today has a lot more in common with the one that lost after being up 3 games to 1 than todays Leafs have with the teams that lost in 2013, etc. Bruins were also a top team against a Leafs team that was just starting to get their crap together after a rebuild.

Leafs may lose tomorrow but bringing up results from 6 and 11 years ago is irrelevant.

I wasn't comparing rosters, I was comparing situations, particularly with many writing off the Bruins.

The results from 6 years ago aren't irrelevant, the core is 0-5 in game 7's, that's completely and totally relevant heading to game 7.

Reactions: Summer Rose

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I wasn't comparing rosters, I was comparing situations, particularly with many writing off the Bruins.

The results from 6 years ago aren't irrelevant, the core is 0-5 in game 7's, that's completely and totally relevant heading to game 7.
I mean Boston also blew a 3-1 lead last year, you could say that is relevant as well ? They also lost a game 7 in the cup final, on home ice that could be relevant ? They lost what, 7 elimination games in a row now ?

Both sides have their demons from recent years, I don't think any of them will matter once the puck drops. I don't think either side has an advantage or disadvantage because of how they have fared in recent years.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I mean Boston also blew a 3-1 lead last year, you could say that is relevant as well ? They also lost a game 7 in the cup final, on home ice that could be relevant ? They lost what, 7 elimination games in a row now ?

Both sides have their demons from recent years, I don't think any of them will matter once the puck drops. I don't think either side has an advantage or disadvantage because of how they have fared in recent years.

Well I think Monty has, at least, going back to his time with Dallas.

Boston's getting there, though.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Earlier this year. He's literally standing like 4 feet away from the play watching it happen, Lily misses significant time, no call. I just can't stand this guy. One or two missed calls sure, but it seems like there are a significant amount of dirty plays like that to go uncalled whenever he is officiating our games, always in favor of the opposition.

Also he likes to be the center of attention all the time. Guys straight up trash at his job.

Not remotely a penalty. Time to move on from this phantom Wes Hates Toronto narrative.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
The non call on the boarding was bullshit. You have to call that.If that’s McAvoy they would of called it.
The Bruins player who was boarded had been holding the Leaf players stick before he was boarded. If that gets called, Leafs get PP and Bruins player doesn't get boarded.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
I like how it went from Same Old Song And Dance in game one to You Got Another Thing Coming last night on Sportsnet....

Not much of a Metal fan but Rob Halford's amazing....He has so much range he can sound like three different singers in one song imo.....

Last edited:

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

They've also won two game 7's against this very core, they've had their hiccups but they've at least proven capable of winning a game 7.

Toronto is batting 0.000

Give me the team with some success in the spot over the team with none.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I like how it went from Same Old Song And Dance in game one to You Got Another Thing Coming last night on Sportsnet....

Not much of a Metal fan but Rob Halford's amazing....He has so much range he can sound like three different singers in one song.....

They just released some of their best material ever in their f***ing 70's....

Such an incredible band

Reactions: Gjman2019

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
They've also won two game 7's against this very core, they've had their hiccups but they've at least proven capable of winning a game 7.

Toronto is batting 0.000
This Boston core hasn't won any game 7's vs Toronto

No Chara, Bergeron, Krejci, Rask, all guys that were more important to those wins than Marchand and Pasta.

This is not the same Boston team.

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada

Toronto is batting 0.000

Give me the team with some success in the spot over the team with none.

You either accept recency bias or you don't, what you don't do is pick and choose which one you like and which one you don't.

Or you can of course, but then you look silly

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Not much of a Metal fan but Rob Halford's amazing....He has so much range he can sound like three different singers in one song.....

I honestly think he has the best voice in all of Rock. The live versions of Electric Eye are somehow even better than the studio version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad