Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
90 of American hockey fans can't identify their best player ever. Hard to believe. Americans in general sure, but real hickey fans? Absurd statement despite him playing in such a small market and on such a low profile team.

Funniest post of the Day

Die hard fans perhaps. You realize there has not been an Olympics tournament with NHLers for Matthews, yes?

Regardless if that is the part of the post you reach for, it suggests you agree with the main point. Toronto against the world is only plausible in Canada. Toronto against the NHL is laughable. Again, a narrative to draw Leafs fans to unify. It certainly works as reflected here and the main board.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh also does well without Sid and Gino. Obviously tiny samples of a team playing with extra determination would be idiotic to assume would be the norm without Matthews. I know, you were trying to be funny or clever. Don't give up, could still work out for you.

I doubt it.

Reactions: BlueBaron

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
90% of American hockey fans can't identify their best player ever. Hard to believe. Americans in general sure, but real hockey fans? Absurd statement despite him playing in such a small market and on such a low profile team.

Funniest post of the Day
That’s probably one of Modano, Brett Hull or Chelios likely atm for best USA player ever.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Honestly if you asked me who has more pressure imo it’s Boston. The Leafs were heading towards a 5 game shit fest and possibly the core being blown up and that could still happen if they lose Saturday but they’re playing with house money. Boston blowing 3-1 leads on home ice in game 7 is for the record books in a bad way

No team in sports history has blown two 3-1 series leads in back to back years

Still Toronto. Due to the "big 4" and reputation.

The Boston roster is brutally constructed. Geekie in the top 6? Lohrei on the top pair. It would be a massive disappointment in the moment but as time goes on Bruins fans will more likely move on and recall Sweeney assembled an average team with a good system, McAvoy, Pastrnak, Swayman, and Marchand, little else. As opposed to the Florida series which was pathetic.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I guarantee not many Leafs fans are assuming a win Saturday. We've been hurt before. I almost feel like Boston let the Leafs back in it just to crush our souls even worse this time.

Most of us are expecting a 10 shot game from the leafs, where they take 7 penalties and just totally fall apart

It’s not our first rodeo with these guys

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Dont think coach would call him out if he was injured. But I guess you never know.
Did he actually call him out? What was the magnitude of the call out. If it was he's one of our best and we need him to step up that's very meh run of the mill type response

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Die hard fans perhaps. You realize there has not been an Olympics tournament with NHLers for Matthews, yes?

Regardless if that is the part of the post you reach for, it suggests you agree with the main point. Toronto against the world is only plausible in Canada. Toronto against the NHL is laughable. Again, a narrative to draw Leafs fans to unify. It certainly works as reflected here and the main board.
It is Toronto vs Boston.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I have one request for game 7, no Wes McCauley. No Wes and let's have a great game. This has been the most entertaining series, storyline wise of the first round. Down 3-1, most Leaf fans already threw in the towel (including me) Woll comes in, 2 phenomenal team efforts without Matthews to take it back to Boston.

Hopefully Matthews shows up for game 7 like Goku to give that final push.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I have one request for game 7, no Wes McCauley. No Wes and let's have a great game. This has been the most entertaining series, storyline wise of the first round. Down 3-1, most Leaf fans already threw in the towel (including me) Woll comes in, 2 phenomenal team efforts without Matthews to take it back to Boston.

Hopefully Matthews shows up for game 7 like Goku to give that final push.

You're going to get 2 Wes McCauleys and like it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Still Toronto. Due to the "big 4" and reputation.

The Boston roster is brutally constructed. Geekie in the top 6? Lohrei on the top pair. It would be a massive disappointment in the moment but as time goes on Bruins fans will more likely move on and recall Sweeney assembled an average team with a good system, McAvoy, Pastrnak, Swayman, and Marchand, little else. As opposed to the Florida series which was pathetic.
As a fan of this team I really don’t care. What upsets me is having to watch Jack Edwards call the two worst games of his career as his retirement send off. That will stay with me for a long long time

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Two years in a row Marchand has the series-winning goal on his stick in game 5 and he blows it both times.

He was a passenger riding Chara and Bergy's coattails.

Total loser.

I also have the emotional maturity of a cranky 5 year old, so I get it.

but brother .. your team has a great chance to beat the Leafs at home on national TV

Thats better then winning in 5 imo

Let their fans feel good, stick their chest out a bit, post some memes .. then bam, knock them out in front of the whole school.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
The same team lead by Bergeron blew a 3-1 lead on the Panthers after being the most dominant regular season team in years if not history against a real Cinderella team… the Leafs were favored in this series by most.
Uhhh how?

They lost the season series 4-0.
They never had the lead in the season against Boston
They stumbled into the playoffs losing 4 straight
They have less points
They have unproven goalie tandem which have both looked inconsistent in the regular season
They have not beaten Boston in the playoffs since like the 60's or something stupid. Including most recently getting "son'd" in game 7's.
They have only won ONE round since 2004.

All these points are true and factual and somehow, ignoring all of this you think the Leafs were favored going into this series??? Explain your logic please.

Reactions: LivingRentFree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad