ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Boston going to throw Lindholm/McAvoy as a super pair against Matthews every shift they can and make Tavares/Nylander beat them.

How well that works is going to be the series.
Well lately it's been Matthews, Marner and Nylander all on a different line other than tonight due to players being out so it will be interesting to see how Boston covers all three lines

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

BlackAdam

May 5, 2013
The Leafs decide this series by their special teams. If they want to be dumb and get baited by the Bruins and make a parade to the penalty box, they'll lose like back in 2019 when they had a PK of 56%.

But the Leafs love taking dumb undisciplined penalties.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
I think it’ll be Toronto in 6. Boston has weakened and Toronto has become better. I think losing to Florida today is the best thing that could have happened to them.

I see Florida beating them in Round 2 again.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Well lately it's been Matthews, Marner and Nylander all on a different line other than tonight due to players being out so it will be interesting to see how Boston covers all three lines

the nylander line and jt line both suck so there's not much to do there. the matthews line is good but i'm sure boston can defend against a one line team.

Reactions: TimeZone

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Breaking News

I am hearing Nazem Kadri has been suspended because the butthurt from all those years ago is still fresh

Vegas is taking bets on which Leaf will be suspended by Game 2 this year

Reactions: BTP

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Well for one AM34 went from a 40 goal scorer to having the best goal-scoring season since Mario Lemeiux

No Bergeron here to stop him, either. He needs to dominate

The Leafs hopes really come down to this. Yeah, you can hope for Woll or Sammy to catch lightning in a bottle for a couple weeks or the D to weather the storm or the PK to find some magic, but Matthews (and to a lesser extent Marner and Nylander) need to go out and win a series. On their own, if need be.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Well for one AM34 went from a 40 goal scorer to having the best goal-scoring season since Mario Lemeiux

No Bergeron here to stop him, either. He needs to dominate

macavoy will shut him down

The Leafs hopes really come down to this. Yeah, you can hope for Woll or Sammy to catch lightning in a bottle for a couple weeks or the D to weather the storm or the PK to find some magic, but Matthews (and to a lesser extent Marner and Nylander) need to go out and win a series. On their own, if need be.

marner is not built for the playoffs and what nylander gives in offence he takes in defence. so that leaves just matthews. that's not gonna cut it, it's a team sport.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Leafs offense is definitely the better of the two. Boston backend maybe a little bit better, but it’s prolly close overall from top to bottom. But the goaltending could be the biggest mismatch here. The series likely comes down to the battle of Toronto offense vs Boston goaltending. I assume Swayman vs Samsonov?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
8n15jv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad