Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Ok devils advocate. You survive next year with Tavares and then allocate his money more on D and goaltending. But you bring in a new coach.

Anyway, all this end of season Leafs talk is making me uncomfortable. Still at least one more game.

There will not be any concrete changes made until the Tavares contact is off the books after next season.

Reactions: PainForShane

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Eichel's attitude with buffalo was from his will to win and frustration with the environment. Vegas won a year after his acquisition and he was a leader in that locker room immediately.
Yea I get what he was trying to say nit Eichel wasn’t a great comparison when you look at the facts vs the fan narratives

sure people here made up “no heart” and acted like his frustration after wasting much of his prime was the reason the Sabres didn’t succeed, but the actual reality is he just wasn’t tactful about expressing his entirely legitimate frustration, and the teams failures had been due to management, development of players and the least coach they had there with Eichel being a hockey terrorist

Marner isn’t tactful and makes some of what he’s really trying to say sound worse than he means, but he also straight up doesn’t take accountability. Maybe fair enough to be a little stand-offish with that city’s media though

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
You started with the last 3 years, and now you're down to the last 2 years ?

Tomorrow, will it be on odd days ?

You have a nasty habit of not checking up on facts before posting, and then you move the goal posts or you deflect...
Honestly one of the most bizzare posters on HFboards, constant baiting with nonsense

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Pastrnak has 50% of his points on empty net assists.

He has 2 points in 4 games when there was a goalie in the other teams net. The same as Marner, less than Matthews.
And guess what? The Leaf players would have a chance to put up empty net points if they actually scored more before and had a lead in the last few mins.
They can’t do that though, because they’ve been horrible

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Lol.

So I point out that Marner and Pastrnak both didn’t have a good series and Pastrnak isn’t being run out of town and you’re arguing what.. that Pastrnak is an elite empty net merchant for 11M+?

Did the core 4 play every game? They played one game together and not even the full game.

Pastrnak is one of the highest paid player on the ice this series.

Pastrnak is drawing the entire focus of the entire Toronto game plan each game. Shadowed by multiple Leafs players on the PP, etc. Doing rather well one might say.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019

Chasing 70 instead of getting ready and healthy for the playoffs is not a good look for Matthews.

Very true. The Oilers rested their best players to get ready for the playoffs. I can understand the desire for Matthews to get a milestone but at the expense of the team in the playoffs..not sure if it was a good tradeoff. But that said the Leafs are not where they presently are just because of Matthews. Lots of other parts of the team have to shoulder the blame

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
During. Boston was choking in real time.

The Leafs fans willed Florida to a Boston choke.

Today I learned that the reason Florida beat Boston last year was because of Leafs fans.

Not Tkachuk, not Bob, not Verhaeghe (ie the guy who scored the overtime winner in gm 7). Nope, it was because of the Leafs fans.

Is there anything Leafs fans can't do?

Other than get their own team to win a series that is...

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
It wasn't because of me.

100%.

To be clear, I am 100% not clowning on Leaf fans in general -- certainly I am not coming after you specifically (despite your username / handle, ha). In general, you guys are great, including @Arthur Morgan who I've seen on the main boards before and @Just Rude who seems very reasonable as well (ie neither of these posters are trolls). I'm sure you (and everyone else) can figure out what I was going for with my post.

And to be completely honest, I'm a little bit jealous of your username / handle. You did well, great job choosing your handle, I mean that sincerely.

All that said, I'm a fan of hockey in general and am not at all a fan of trolls, regardless of which team(s) they cheer for. That's what my post was about

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Leaf fans, I know it has been a frustrating playoff thus far but I think you guys take game 5.....and from there anything can happen....

• Haha
Reactions: Sniper99

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I'm feeling a game where the Bruins outclass the Leafs but Woll stands on his head. 2-1 Bruins and a game that leaves Leafs fans frustrated about what could have been if Woll got the start from the jump.

Also the lotto numbers are 3, 7, 21, 27, 28, 39 43.

Reactions: KnightofBoston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad