Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
How are my takes bad? Especially the ones on the maple leafs :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: its the easiest thing to call , like clockwork.

You are the exhibit A of King AM34 having no blame from the fanbase its hilarious
Because they're clueless, much like this one right here. I get it though, you don't have much to look forward to so why not try and entertain yourself ? Can't say I blame you.

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Because they're clueless, much like this one right here. I get it though, you don't have much to look forward to so why not try and entertain yourself ? Can't say I blame you.
To be fair leaf fans find a new scape goat every year to avoid throwing any blame on matthews

Is matthews the problem, no
Is he the solution, he hasn’t shown he can be yet

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Yeah, they did.

They also blew a 3-1 lead just last season to Florida.

The medical staff pulled him from the game tonight due to illness. Also missed the last 2 skates and practices due to the same illness.

when McDavid was injured early this year, Leaf fans gave him no pass and were extremely critical of him, and this was the REGULAR season, I saw many leaf fans do this.(Including you)

Now you expect Matthews to get a golden pass yet another year just because he had some bad gas station sushi, give me a break.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
when McDavid was injured early this year, Leaf fans gave him no pass and were extremely critical of him, and this was the REGULAR season, I saw many leaf fans do this.(Including you)

Now you expect Matthews to get a golden pass yet another year just because he had some bad gas station sushi, give me a break.

McDavid missed 2 regular season games? Nylander missed 3 playoff games. How is that comparable?

It’s not a very serious injury if you’re playing through it in the regular season.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
McDavid missed one regular season game? Nylander missed 3 playoff games. How is that comparable?
I'm taking about McDavid and his slump back after his injury, you and a dozen leaf fans wouldn't shut up about how bad he was due to him being injured.

Your boy Matthews once again is a no show and here you are giving excuses every single time he gets called out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I'm taking about McDavid and his slump back after his injury, you and a dozen leaf fans wouldn't shut up about how bad he was due to him being injured.

Your boy Matthews once again is a no show and here you are giving excuses every single time he gets called out.

What excuse did I give Matthews? I’m talking about Nylander who missed playoff games.

You’re too invested in your McDavid theory. He had a serious injury he could play through during the regular season - okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
What excuse did I give Matthews? I’m talking about Nylander who missed playoff games.

You’re too invested in your McDavid theory. He had a serious injury that was so serious that he played through it during the regular season - okay.

And you're too invested in this core of losers, you have every excuse in the book, it's never them is it?

Pathetic.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
And you're too invested in this core of losers, you have every excuse in the book, it's never them is it?

Pathetic.

I mean Edmonton tried 3 coaches the whole time Keefe was here.

Maybe they should try another coach.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
To be fair leaf fans find a new scape goat every year to avoid throwing any blame on matthews

Ok so we agree, he isn't the problem. Thanks.

To be fair Leaf haters try and throw anything they can to discredit Matthews, doesn't matter if he has a broken wrist, the usual suspects with show up to trash him. It's comical really.

Anyone blaming Matthews can't be taken seriously. Even with whatever illness he's battling, he's been one of the hardest working guys this series, and willed the Leafs to win game 2 almost on his own.

I blame lots of people from management, to coaches to a lot of the roster players. Matthews and Nylander are not the guys to blame though.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
That's a nice deflection, good thing I'm not an Oilers fan.

Again, you're too invested in this core of losers.

Did switching coaches work for Edmonton? They do it every other season when their team struggles.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I mean the Leafs should try another coach. Keefe sucks. The refs all hate him and he regularly makes bonkers personnel decisions.

Reactions: AvroArrow

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Agreed. You can give him a pass for last game as clearly he was ill. But there’s too much history of Matthews underperforming. At some point he needs to step up in the playoffs and take the team on his back. He had one good game this series.
He’s not the problem. But he’s a big part of the problem especially when people argue he’s a top 5 player and compare him to his peers like McDavid, Drai, Mack, Kucherov etc. Each of those other guys have stepped up and carried their teams in the playoffs.
Matthews hasn’t come close to doing that.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
He came in defending McDavid for some reason when no one mentioned him. So I’m giving him an example of McDavid’s team.
But didn't they make the conference finals two years ago, 2nd round last year, and are rolling in round 1 this year? Seems to me that what they are doing is working?

Or just stick with Keefe, cause he has it all figured out?

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
He came in defending McDavid for some reason when no one mentioned him. So I’m giving him an example of McDavid’s team.
I came here to call you out on all the shit you talked about McDavid when he was playing injured, and that was during the regular season.

Matthews is at the biggest stage of the year and has done nothing, but you're full of every excuse in the book.

It's not a hard point to grasp, you should be called out for saying stupid things.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
But didn't they make the conference finals two years ago, 2nd round last year, and are rolling in round 1 this year? Seems to me that what they are doing is working?

Or just stick with Keefe, cause he has it all figured out?

Most people are in favour of firing Keefe, myself included.

The point being that a coach can also be the problem, it’s not always necessarily the players.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Most people are in favour of firing Keefe, myself included.

The point being that a coach can also be the problem, it’s not always necessarily the players.
So why are you bagging on the Oilers for changing coaches, when it clearly works?

Odd stance.

Reactions: dukeofjive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: