GDT: ECQF 4 | FLYERS (A) vs. Canadiens (H) | Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | Flyers lead series 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
That's his game though, he knows he doesn't have the ability to beat people wide with his speed, he might be able to make a power move to the outside, but rarely tries and I'm not sure if he could successfully pull it off consistently. He loves to stutter step and slow things down when he has possession, he has very good head fakes and seems to be good as causing deception with his eyes, he uses his long reach and large body and good hands to shield pucks and hang onto possession while allowing others to find open space. When it works it looks great, but against teams like the Habs that are very good at their off puck coverage he over handles and eventually skates himself out of time and space, then has to force a low percentage pass, stick handling move or force it into the corners without support.

Couts is great, I see no holes in the lineup. The cup should be a lock.
He needs to threaten a power move or at least change of direction. On that 2-on-1 I knew he was going to shoot by his body language (also, slowing down let a defenseman slip back into the passing lane).

Think about how much more effective his length and fakes would be at speed.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
He needs to threaten a power move or at least change of direction. On that 2-on-1 I knew he was going to shoot by his body language (also, slowing down let a defenseman slip back into the passing lane).

Think about how much more effective his length and fakes would be at speed.

I wholly agree, but he just isn't that guy. At this point in his career it is unlikely he changes that either.

Couts is great, I see no holes in the lineup. The cup should be a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad