Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I like going to the big board so there is more content to follow. I watch every podcast so that I see what others say about our Cats etc etc.

I find though there is a price to pay in doing that because you see and watch some of the most uninformed blatantly wrong comments being spewed out everyday. I wish people would not just say anything without facts to support what they say.

It’s why I’ve always loved our board because most people on here don’t just say things they either know nothing about and do say things I actually learn from.

For example someone posted on the big board that the Panthers ran a run and gun style against Tampa… we haven’t run that style since POMO came in here and completely changed our style to a physical forechecking team that keeps it tight and close to the belt intended in many ways to put us in a better position to win the playoffs.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I'm sure if R/NHL had their way hitting would be banned.

Pretty funny seeing Bruin fans complain. Must be "new" fans.

All of teams antics pale to what Lucic, McQuaid and others did a decade ago.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Nope, the Floridians have paid our dues financially and emotionally. Those who don't care to be good people are probably in places like Ohio or California or something. Most Panthers STHers would give you the shirt off their back.

Shout out to the Vancouver Panthers crowd, great people, makes me wanna visit even more than the pictures do

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CanePanther

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Nope, the Floridians have paid our dues financially and emotionally. Those who don't care to be good people are probably in places like Ohio or California or something. Most Panthers STHers would give you the shirt off their back.

Shout out to the Vancouver Panthers crowd, great people, makes me wanna visit even more than the pictures do
Vancouver is amazing great weather in the Summer. Glad for the fans it’s been awhile for them.

Reactions: MaWa and CHGoalie27

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site

Reactions: MaWa and CHGoalie27

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The city of Miami was pretty much raised up from the swamp by people from Cleveland. That would be folks like Henry Flagler, Julia Tuttle, Frank Wharton, et. al. For the first forty years of its existence, Miami and Cleveland were linked together very closely due to Flagler and the Florida East Coast Railway, and the majority of people who came to live and work here were good midwestern folks from Ohio.

After the second world war, as the interstate highways came in and rail travel rapidly fell by the wayside -- and as Cleveland waned as an American power center -- the connection to Ohio weakened. After the war, there was a new group of people who came down to Miami to live and work, mostly from the northeast. We got a lot of people from Boston and Pennsylvania, but more than anything, we got people from New York City.

Especially in the '60s and '70s, when things got real bad in NYC, South Florida was flooded with former NYC residents. The refrain we would always hear: "It was bettah in New Yawhrk." It didn't matter that these people had fled a giant open sewer and had no intention of ever going back, they would still come down here and complain -- insultingly so -- about their new neighbors.

That was the case for about seventy years.

Funny enough, that's all changed. Things have gotten so bad up there that my new neighbors don't say that anymore. They talk about how happy they are to be here, how grateful they are to have escaped from DA BIG APPLE. There is no pretense that they would ever go back, or that they're only temporarily displaced. Nobody's gonna believe that tripe anymore.

So please, insult our city, our people, our education system. Insult whatever you like. We know better.

Come to Sunrise in your Rangers jersey. I'll have a good laugh, because I know why you're attending a game here and not at THE FAMED Madison Square Garden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I was a Devils fan as a kid, so I had a hatred for the Rangers back then and that has kind of stuck with me into adulthood - but it's just not as intense (I'd say Tampa and Toronto have surpassed them on my hate list).

This series in my mind is the definition of "it could go either way." I wouldn't be surprised if this was it for our run, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we figure out how to take it. Special teams, as always, is the key. It's that simple. Our powerplay cannot be as anemic as it has been at times against Boston. Getting outplayed badly in that area will kill our chances of taking the series.

I want to see more from Tkachuk as well. I know Bennett is hurt, so I'll give him a pass. Lundell seems to have found another gear and I'm excited to see if he can continue to ascend in this series.

I've liked Bob's play so far, but I'm hoping he can be even better and truly get back to last year's peak. They have the goaltending, we'll need Bob at his absolute best to match them in that category.

I think we're about to face our biggest challenge since Vegas last year. The Rangers are no joke.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
The city of Miami was pretty much raised up from the swamp by people from Cleveland. That would be folks like Henry Flagler, Julia Tuttle, Frank Wharton, et. al. For the first forty years of its existence, Miami and Cleveland were linked together very closely due to Flagler and the Florida East Coast Railway, and the majority of people who came to live and work here were good midwestern folks from Ohio.

After the second world war, as the interstate highways came in and rail travel rapidly fell by the wayside -- and as Cleveland waned as an American power center -- the connection to Ohio weakened. After the war, there was a new group of people who came down to Miami to live and work, mostly from the northeast. We got a lot of people from Boston and Pennsylvania, but more than anything, we got people from New York City.

Especially in the '60s and '70s, when things got real bad in NYC, South Florida was flooded with former NYC residents. The refrain we would always hear: "It was bettah in New Yawhrk." It didn't matter that these people had fled a giant open sewer and had no intention of ever going back, they would still come down here and complain -- insultingly so -- about their new neighbors.

That was the case for about seventy years.

Funny enough, that's all changed. Things have gotten so bad up there that my new neighbors don't say that anymore. They talk about how happy they are to be here, how grateful they are to have escaped from DA BIG APPLE. There is no pretense that they would ever go back, or that they're only temporarily displaced. Nobody's gonna believe that tripe anymore.

So please, insult our city, our people, our education system. Insult whatever you like. We know better.

Come to Sunrise in your Rangers jersey. I'll have a good laugh, because I know why you're attending a game here and not at THE FAMED Madison Square Garden.
I don't have much to refute this. Please know that the few New Yorkers live in spite of the many. Because of people like that, as all who knows me can back up, one is family to me until they prove otherwise. We'll often do anything for people who couldn't care less about us just to try to make them smile. Miss when the majority of midwesterners were like the minority of NYers.

Times sure have changed. But the truly good hearted loyal people never will, no matter who tries us.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
I don't have much to refute this.

Of course, this was not directed at you in any way. It was directed at someone who came onto this board and insulted not just our team's fans, but people who were born and raised here. Unfortunate reality of this series is that he won't be the last, which is why I spent a couple of minutes typing up that brief history lesson.

This is the right call. That second line was humming with Lundell, and Bennett is clearly not close to 100%.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Of course, this was not directed at you in any way. It was directed at someone who came onto this board and insulted not just our team's fans, but people who were born and raised here. Unfortunate reality of this series is that he won't be the last, which is why I spent a couple of minutes typing up that brief history lesson.

While
This is the right call. That second line was humming with Lundell, and Bennett is clearly not close to 100%.
I know it wasn't, nor was what I said directed at you whatsoever, as I doubt I even needed to clarify lol.

But you're right, it will be a recurring problem, and not because of people like you and I, or wherever we come from originally. That's no excuse.

People are like any animals in the majority. Even some snakes like to cuddle, however rare they are to find. I'm just so baffled how the world, and most of the authorities that run it, do so according to the inconsiderate.

Last edited:
Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
I'm a little concerned about giving up shorties in this series. One of the big problems with the PP right now is not even that they're struggling to even get zone entries, but that they're giving up chances the other way. You give Kreider a short handed breakaway, it's going in the net.

Reactions: Ghoste

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017

Who gave Barkov another firmware update?

What the hell did Big Tony ever do to him?

Regardless of whatever the useless stats say, I still feel he's been our Conn Smythe candidate for the second straight year.

And that's what it takes!

Bob has been very good, but to me there are three Panthers who stand out as having been excellent in both series: Barkov, Reinhart, and Forsling. After that, I would say Bob and Lundell have been the honorable mentions.

Reinhart is making it very, very hard for Zito to let him walk this summer.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Feel like we’ll see two showings of the ages on probably the biggest stage and part of an even bigger story…

Two masterful performances coming from Barky and Chucky in this upcoming series ! Got the feeling they are gonna own the stage on Broadway…

With Sasha probably cementing his case for the Conn Smythe !

You heard it here first.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Please just stop giving warning to those clap back at those who take cheap shots. The severe irony in the user name of troll stomper, harasses me every chance they get because I don't take shit from bad people like them, but leaves the original inflammatory posts alone.

Seriously, when an opinion comes directly from poor natured character, how do you attack the opinion without attacking the source?

Please, tell me, I'll be happy to change my approach, you know that.
There are posts that straddle the line. Some posters are great at taking it right to the edge and do so.

Flaming is flaming all day long and will get hit every time. Trolling CAN be more interpretive. My suggestion is to make good use of the ignore list. It’s why it exists.

Reactions: Chaos2k7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad