Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
If we want to have chance in this series we need 2023 playoffs Tkachuk to show up ASAP

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
If we want to have chance in this series we need 2023 playoffs Tkachuk to show up ASAP
Uh.. dude is 4th in points this postseason and currently leads the team.

He's certainly not as good as he was last year. But I think that's an unrealistic expectation if I'm being honest.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Lafrenière, Goodrow and Wennberg are beating us... how sad is that?

Tkachuk needs to bury that point blank chance in front of the net. Last year's Tkachuk would have scored there.

If there is a team in this league that has the composure and coolness to turn this around is us. Hard to stay positive after such a devastating loss, but it was only game 3. We beat the best team in hockey when down 1-3.

There was one obvious thing that the Rangers D had huge trouble with. Each time when one of our guys drove in front of the net from behind the net. Barky, Reino, Tkachuk exposed this frequently. We really need to force this play more, with all forwards crashing the net, best way to beat Shesterkin as well.

Reactions: Two4Fighting

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Keep playing how we've played and we win the next 3 games. Sure good for NYR they're getting scoring from like Wennberg and Goodrow, but all that means to me is that their other guys aren't doing shit. They aren't winning this series with just secondary scoring.

Team can't let up, just keep going and they've got this. We've been the better team and finally scored 4 on Shesterkin. Have to think that this play will carry them through a series.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
f***ing one of the worst mondays. First the f***ing game then I get to work and the roof is leaking water.
People been at work for 2 hours and they didnt contact anyone about it. Just waited for me to get to work. Effing idiots... Was already so pissed off

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
We're playing quite similar to the Boston series. Difference is that Rangers have better depth and scoring.

We dominated game three, but couldn't get the win. Need to win the next one! Still confident we can win this series.
I dont really think we dominated any of the three games tbh

We just got our luck in game 1, gassed in ot on game 2 but overall even, game 3 was just offense at the expense of multiple bad defensive breakdowns.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I will not fault our team for what happened, we played them the way we were supposed to played them to win, what else can you ask? , I am not happy for the result, but I am not disappointed about our team, if I am going to loose, this is the way I want to loose, fighting!.
The Rangers are getting all the breaks, similar to us last year, if we keep working this hard, gives me lots of hope that we may overcome.
I wouldn't change a thing, we might eventually get to them. Lady Luck is with them right now and we just need to keep doing what we have been doing, it is as good as we can give.

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I will not fault our team for what happened, we played them the way we were supposed to played them to win, what else can you ask? , I am not happy for the result, but I am not disappointed about our team, if I am going to loose, this is the way I want to loose, fighting!.
The Rangers are getting all the breaks, similar to us last year, if we keep working this hard, gives me lots of hope that we may overcome.
I wouldn't change a thing, we might eventually get to them. Lady Luck is with them right now and we just need to keep doing what we have been doing, it is as good as we can give.

Pretty easy hold the Lead and we didnt play the Game we should. In the 1st Periode Game 3 Rangers had alone 4 or 5 Break away chances alone in front of the Goalie.
When you Lead then play with the Lead, dont allow them to score 2 in 30 seconds short afterwards.
Simple play lead us last year and should lead us this Year. When i rewatch 5 times, how the 3rd Goal started for the Rangers, someone who cant skate away from the Rangers, played around with the Puck and turn him over, no names said.

Our Offensive Game was like we played, but we lacked hard on the D Side on PP on 5on5 and current is this the baddest Time to do so. And when Top Player dont preform how they should, would be not the first one who could leave. Get called out twice in another Playoff Series i dont know.

Barkov and other Forwards cant play all the Time around the own Net.
The Rangers suceed on all the Chances they had, they are good as we are and can play and shoot the Puck. But our Game has to be better, overall and this Time 5 Goals allowed is to much. In Playoff or Season.

And what was most obvious, the Rangers play the same Method Tampa used on us in the Sweep Year, fast passes in our own Zone, so we can get in out usual formation.

We're playing quite similar to the Boston series. Difference is that Rangers have better depth and scoring.

We dominated game three, but couldn't get the win. Need to win the next one! Still confident we can win this series.

Noo dominated, we was the Team that get chased, but we had to chase Rangers 2 Times, that is domination. We dominated 3rd Periode yes, but not the Game.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Nick Cousins - 0 goals in 11 games
Kevin Stenlund - 0 goals in 14 games
Kyle Okposo - 0 goals in 8 games
Ryan Lomberg 0 goals in 5 games

Bottom 6 combined including Lundell and Luostarinen have 5 goals these playoffs and 2 of those came from Steven Lorentz.

Obviously this team doesn't depend on these guys for scoring but timely goals from them would make a big difference in these close games and the Panthers just haven't been getting them.

3 guys (Reinhart, Verhaeghe and Barkov) have almost half the team's goals. Our depth is failing us right now.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL

Bottom 6 combined including Lundell and Luostarinen have 5 goals these playoffs and 2 of those came from Steven Lorentz.

Obviously this team doesn't depend on these guys for scoring but timely goals from them would make a big difference in these close games and the Panthers just haven't been getting them.

3 guys (Reinhart, Verhaeghe and Barkov) have almost half the team's goals. Our depth is failing us right now.
Conversely, the Panthers are getting beat by Lafrenière and Wennberg.

Reactions: Cats711

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014

Great post. ERod has been one of our better players this post season, and to me that says a lot more about everyone else than it does about ERod.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
The one thing I know is a few times I’ve lost hope the Cats come clawing back I hope I get to still use the description amazing when it comes to the Panthers a few more times.

Reactions: PSLguy

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida

Its why i want lorentz back in, guy can score. Lomberg and cousins are nice for some energy but goddamn they cant buy a goal.

Not sure on okposo but he was good out there, his slowness may hurt though, but hes a big body that can help create some chances.

I cant really talk much crap on stenny cause hes just so good on the pk and has some nice shg this season.

also sucks ekblad has completely lost his offense

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Look at these well-known goalscorers! I won't believe if Rangers get 2 more wins in OT with magic from bottom-6ers.

1716853910252.png

1716853929605.png

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
7 more wins to go with up to 11 games left. Totally doable.

Reactions: PSLguy

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Maybe because of the early start the crowd seemed laid back. And maybe we just expect things but that was not a playoff crowd on Friday. The difference in the intensity last year compared to this year is ominous. At one point the crowd started to stand up to get the guys going and it was like it was a effort to do that.

Are we already spoiled has the interest to make the home ice in the eyes of the fans of no importance. Because it was glaring and disappointing.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Maybe because of the early start the crowd seemed laid back. And maybe we just expect things but that was not a playoff crowd on Friday. The difference in the intensity last year compared to this year is ominous. At one point the crowd started to stand up to get the guys going and it was like it was a effort to do that.

Are we already spoiled has the interest to make the home ice in the eyes of the fans of no importance. Because it was glaring and disappointing.
It has actually been quite loud in the arena I’m there every game and it gets crazy, WHEN THEY PLAY WELL AND LOOK GOOD of course.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Funny how Trocheck went down after Monty's crosscheck to the back like he had been shot, just to smile right after the whistle. Much better reaction than ERod's talking an elbow to the jaw.

Rangers are clearly the more skilled team. They create high danger chances out of nothing. But without Shesterkin, they are very ordinary. We are the better team. I like our chances. Get this done boys!

Reactions: Cats711
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad