Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Dude touched the puck 3 times in the offensive zone. Threw it out of the zone twice and got easily knocked off the puck and taken out of the play. Ray Ferraro spent more time talking about him than he spent on the ice. He's not even one of those "you'd love to have him on your team" guys for me, I'd rather have a player on my team like Luke Glendening than Matt Rempe on my 4th line. To each their own.

They just talk about him too much during the broadcast for what he is.
21-3-1

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We can battle in this until the cows come home. He brings energy and pep to the team. The Rangers were the better team in Game 2. They weren’t in Game 1

Eh, the Rangers were defensively better in game 1 and were slightly better at finishing in game 2. Rempe is not the difference maker here. I like him but people make him into something he's not.

Reactions: NoelVilla and Siddi

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Why does everybody on here hate rempe dude is a beauty

To be honest he's even annoying me because of how much they overblow him. As ridiculously biased as ESPN's coverage has been towards the Panthers (particularly the two intermission clowns), Rempe is the one area where the Rangers are getting hype they shouldn't be.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
To be honest he's even annoying me because of how much they overblow him. As ridiculously biased as ESPN's coverage has been towards the Panthers (particularly the two intermission clowns), Rempe is the one area where the Rangers are getting hype they shouldn't be.
Yeah but its not the kids fault lol same thing happened with Jackeye people love big monster kids who make the whole team play a few inches bigger.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
So far the most dangerous guys on the ice have been Barkov, Verhaeghe, Lomberg for the Panthers. Trochek, Chytil, Laff for the Rangers. Don't think Ekblad and Fox are even close to %100. I expect Reinhart, Tkachuk and Montour to be better for the Panthers. For the Rangers I'd like to see more out of Kreider, Zbad and a little more from Panarin. Both teams D and goaltending have been up to the task. I think the Rangers D has been a little tentative in joining the o_zone. Would like to see Miller get more involved. Forsling and Kulikov have been playing over their heads.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
There's been high scoring teams that have won the cup. While scoring a ton in the playoffs.

The Panthers look like they're trying to win the last 4 games (last two of the Bruins series) 2-1 or 1-0.

They're better than that.

Tampa was still a better team than the Panthers in 21-22. They didn't lose that series because they tried to run and gun. Tampa was a better team than the Panthers. Now the roles have been reversed in 2024 and I would have even said that if they played last year.
Lol Tampa was not a better team than the Panthers in 21-22. That Panthers team was the highest scoring team in 25 years, and they spent most of that season WITHOUT Giroux.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
Yeah but its not the kids fault lol same thing happened with Jackeye people love big monster kids who make the whole team play a few inches bigger.
Rempe is a fascinating player. Hard to say where his career would be without all the hype.
Is he feeding off the hype? Definitely. If he was on Ottawa would you even know his name? Probably not.
But, at the end of the day he is exactly in the right place at the right time and making the most of it. He's proven himself to be an NHL'r for a serious contender at 21 and in the spotlight. I don't think he's a fluke at this point. If you're still not convinced he has gotten nothing but praise from every coach at every level he's been at. The guy has met every challenge and thrived. His team mates love him and he will be a beast for a long while.

• Love
Reactions: Captain Lindy

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lol Tampa was not a better team than the Panthers in 21-22. That Panthers team was the highest scoring team in 25 years, and they spent most of that season WITHOUT Giroux.
Come on now.

That Lightning team came off of two straight cups and was on their way to their third straight finals, where they lost to one of these one and guns teams you claim can’t win in the playoffs. I would also say the Lightning qualify as that, but that’s for a different topic.

Unless you’re basing it off regular season standings, the Lightning were still the stronger club as of then.

It wouldn’t be for much longer.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Rempe is a fascinating player. Hard to say where his career would be without all the hype.
Is he feeding off the hype? Definitely. If he was on Ottawa would you even know his name? Probably not.
But, at the end of the day he is exactly in the right place at the right time and making the most of it. He's proven himself to be an NHL'r for a serious contender at 21 and in the spotlight. I don't think he's a fluke at this point. If you're still not convinced he has gotten nothing but praise from every coach at every level he's been at. The guy has met every challenge and thrived. His team mates love him and he will be a beast for a long while.

You're right on all these points. The crowd rallies behind him and the team seems to wake up after he takes a shift. He loves it, and he plays to his role.

Not saying he's necessarily a difference maker on the ice. I don't think he is and he has become a bit overhyped there. But the team seems to draw some energy from him, the same way they did with Reaves. When I was at a game in April, the team played with more energy after Rempe was out there.

I'm not sure how you could quantify or measure that. I'd be curious to see if there's a bump in the Rangers analytics in the minutes after he takes a shift vs previously.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Why does everybody on here hate rempe dude is a beauty.
Because he's reckless, same reason most dislike Trouba. He's come flying in for a hit along the boards and would've caused a lot of damage either late, as a boarding call, etc. I completely understand why he's liked in NY, but he needs to continue learning under Oates to become a better player.

He's got to defend himself better while fighting as well. He just eats punches sometimes.
It's funny you think that way, I think they're completely slanted toward New York, I thought Ferarro was going to cream his pants after Tro scored.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
As much as I hate that style I'll have to be honest I think that the Panthers have a better chance to win this way. I think the Rangers D and goaltending is good enough to limit the goals against if the Panthers open up and they're skilled enough to score. It'll probably look like the Canes series or worse if the Panthers try to run and gun. Now the Oilers I think can run it gun and beat the Rangers.
“Playoff hockey” Not gonna lie, the President’s Trophy team was a blast to watch all year long. But, they had trouble getting by the Caps before being swept out by TB. That game didn’t work for them in the playoffs.
Panthers offense is still potent, hopefully they can get it going more.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
If I was Florida i'd be concerned. Bob has only let in 2 goals on 54 shots.
The Panthers special teams have been far superior. The Panthers have neutralized the Rangers big guns yet they still find themselves tied 1-1. They're D has been just about flawless. Moving to Sunrise is hardly a major home ice advantage. If Florida wants to keep playing low event hockey i'd be shocked if this isn't at least tied going into game 5. Igor isn't gonna lose 2 in Sunrise. No Way.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Because he's reckless, same reason most dislike Trouba. He's come flying in for a hit along the boards and would've caused a lot of damage either late, as a boarding call, etc. I completely understand why he's liked in NY, but he needs to continue learning under Oates to become a better player.

He's got to defend himself better while fighting as well. He just eats punches sometimes.

It's funny you think that way, I think they're completely slanted toward New York, I thought Ferarro was going to cream his pants after Tro scored.

Full disclosure I tend to not pay attention to Ferraro I'm too busy watching the game. I'm talking about Messier and Subban. The Rangers were down 1-0 in a low event first period in game 1 where neither goalie had much work to do and Shesterkin gave up an all time softy and Subban legit said the Rangers would be down 4-0 if it wasn't for Shesterkin. All game we were hearing about how Florida was playing their game despite it being 1-0 for 57 minutes and the other two goals were an own goal and an empty netter. Then this narrative that somehow the Panthers dominated the game while they had probably fewer high end scoring chances than the Rangers. Then game 2 after the first period Messier spent two seconds talking about the Rangers being better and the rest of the time they were waxing poetic regarding Barkov and calling Forsling Lidstrom.

It's not just them, I watched a video from Marty Biron on TSN after the win and he spent the entire segment talking about how bad the PP has been and how our scoring dried up and then told us how bad we've been 5 on 5 even though we have same amount of non-empty net goals 5 on 5 in this series and that's counting an own goal. Meanwhile when the Panther win or so much as lead they're playing their amazing system to perfection. Anyone that watches the analysts and somehow thinks that they're homers for the Panthers is not watching the same analysts I am.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Eh, the Rangers were defensively better in game 1 and were slightly better at finishing in game 2. Rempe is not the difference maker here. I like him but people make him into something he's not.
The crowd at MSG goes nuts over every little bump he dishes out. That energy seems to feed from the crowd to rest of team. There’s No stat for that

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Ah, that’s what it is, ny fans are miffed at intermission guys, panthers fans grumbling about game crew. I guess :dunno:

Only thing certain is nobody likes ESPN’s coverage.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
So far the most dangerous guys on the ice have been Barkov, Verhaeghe, Lomberg for the Panthers. Trochek, Chytil, Laff for the Rangers. Don't think Ekblad and Fox are even close to %100. I expect Reinhart, Tkachuk and Montour to be better for the Panthers. For the Rangers I'd like to see more out of Kreider, Zbad and a little more from Panarin. Both teams D and goaltending have been up to the task. I think the Rangers D has been a little tentative in joining the o_zone. Would like to see Miller get more involved. Forsling and Kulikov have been playing over their heads.
Kulikov has been playing solid defense vs NY.
But, this is normal, everyday Forsling, he’s not playing over his head at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad