Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
He is an unplayable plug in my mind too. He sucks at the game of hockey.

He's living off his 2 points in his first 4 games and the first fights. Enjoy him.
LOL. He broke oshies hand and knocked trevor van reimsdyke out of the washington series all in about 25 minutes of ice time. Oh and also, hes the fastest player on the ice

What we are seeing play out in real time here is fans of opposing teams so angry that rempe wasnt just some derek boogard talentless plug and that he can actually play a solid 4th line role. Oh and btw, hes 21, raw, and his frame can carry another 20 pounds of muscle

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
LOL. He broke oshies hand and knocked trevor van reimsdyke out of the washington series all in about 25 minutes of ice time. Oh and also, hes the fastest player on the ice

What we are seeing play out in real time here is fans of opposing teams so angry that rempe wasnt just some derek boogard talentless plug and that he can actually play a solid 4th line role. Oh and btw, hes 21, raw, and his frame can carry another 20 pounds of muscle

I don’t think their angry it’s just nobody cares.

Reactions: McHelpus

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
They might win the cup this year but they'll be unwatchable. I don't care what anyone says. Both games this series have been snoozefests. People say that the Canes play a defensive style. The Hurricanes are the 80s Oilers compared to them.

I don’t understand how one can say last night was a snooze fest. Was literally on edge until we lost

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They might win the cup this year but they'll be unwatchable. I don't care what anyone says. Both games this series have been snoozefests. People say that the Canes play a defensive style. The Hurricanes are the 80s Oilers compared to them.
I think they're an exciting team as far as their roster goes. But the way they've been playing since about game 5 of the Boston series just reeks of ''We know we can't score 5 goals on Swayman/Shesterkin! So let's just grind out 2-1 or 1-0 wins if we can because we don't think we can beat them 4-1 or 5-2!''.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don’t understand how one can say last night was a snooze fest. Was literally on edge until we lost

I have had Rangers fans disagree with me too. Edge of the seat because it was a tight game but I just didn't find it fun to watch. Most of the game was breaking up passes and shots. It's good defense from both teams but it's not fun to watch to me.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think they're an exciting team as far as their roster goes. But the way they've been playing since about game 5 of the Boston series just reeks of ''We know we can't score 5 goals on Swayman/Shesterkin! So let's just grind out 2-1 or 1-0 wins if we can because we don't think we can beat them 4-1 or 5-2!''.

Didn't they score 4+ against Swayman two games in a row?

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Didn't they score 4+ against Swayman two games in a row?
yeah, but that was all because of the refs, and the Panthers flopping and, and, and.........
-some Bruins fans

Yeah as I mentioned later in this thread it looked very borderline and I’m not convinced it would have been overturned even if it was reviewable
Good goal, on to the next game.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
If someone didn’t find that to be an intense every moment holding your breadth kind of game they just don’t get it…….

Reactions: PM88RU

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Agreed... Except we're both vested in the game because we cheer for one of the teams participating. There are things at stake. Tension is real.

For a casual viewer who is not cheering for either team, I can understand why they may see it as less exciting then a more run and gun game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My point is why would they think they wouldn't be able to score more on him.
They blew up Swayman for 4 and 5 goals in games 2 and 3, but then in game 4 they got 3 on him on 41 shots.

It feels like they've made a concise effort to switch up to a more ''Defensive'' style of hockey since game 5. One thing I've been saying for a while is it seems the Panthers shoot low/score below their expected goal totals due to Maurice's system. Game 4 was when Swayman had the 3 goals against on 41 shots game where the Panthers won, with 3 unanswered goals after being down 2-0 and 2 coming in the 3rd period. I wonder if after that game if they made a clear change to go with a style that is more in tune with eeking out wins in close games.

Now, it also feels like their shots for have also gone down with this recent suspected change.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They blew up Swayman for 4 and 5 goals in games 2 and 3, but then in game 4 they got 3 on him on 41 shots.

It feels like they've made a concise effort to switch up to a more ''Defensive'' style of hockey since game 5. One thing I've been saying for a while is it seems the Panthers shoot low/score below their expected goal totals due to Maurice's system. Game 4 was when Swayman had the 3 goals against on 41 shots game where the Panthers won, with 3 unanswered goals after being down 2-0 and 2 coming in the 3rd period. I wonder if after that game if they made a clear change to go with a style that is more in tune with eeking out wins in close games.

Now, it also feels like their shots for have also gone down with this recent suspected change.

Honestly, I guess they could get away with it. But I'll be honest Carolina was the more impressive team to me. Obviously their defense wasn't as good but they didn't try to win 1-0. I do envy the Panthers because the Rangers are never a team that can just shut down and win 1-0. They tried that game 5 against the Canes and it blew up in their faces. I'll give them props for that.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Only thing is, they made that decision after getting swept by TB 2 years ago, firing interim coach Brunette (Quenneville’s team) and hiring Maurice. They constantly pressed for offense and let the chips fall where they may (Look out Bob here they come again!). They had to make the frantic push to 8th last season because they spent the first half adjusting to the new way. They will not “cheat” for offensive chances like the President Trophy winning Panthers team did. They respect the firepower that NY has, and they will stick to what they’ve been doing. They won’t really “open it up” unless trailing in the third.

Reactions: Mike C

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Only thing is, they made that decision after getting swept by TB 2 years ago, firing interim coach Brunette (Quenneville’s team) and hiring Maurice. They constantly pressed for offense and let the chips fall where they may (Look out Bob here they come again!). They had to make the frantic push to 8th last season because they spent the first half adjusting to the new way. They will not “cheat” for offensive chances like the President Trophy winning Panthers team did. They respect the firepower that NY has, and they will stick to what they’ve been doing. They won’t really “open it up” unless trailing in the third.

As much as I hate that style I'll have to be honest I think that the Panthers have a better chance to win this way. I think the Rangers D and goaltending is good enough to limit the goals against if the Panthers open up and they're skilled enough to score. It'll probably look like the Canes series or worse if the Panthers try to run and gun. Now the Oilers I think can run it gun and beat the Rangers.

Reactions: Bleedred

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
Rangers tend to go with the flow. If the Panthers want to play a low risk stifling defensive game they're game. If Things open up cool. If things get nasty great. I think things will start opening up as players start getting fatigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad