Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Honestly? This Panthers group is actually pretty good imo. Every fanbase has a few meatheads who will never listen or just want to stir the pot regardless, but compared to a lot of the other series threads I've spent time in I find rangers/panthers quite tame and civil.

Mind you, it's early...
Game 1 Panthers fans thread summary: “Rags fans this and Rags fans that.” (Barely a comment on how any single Panthers players contributed.)

Game 2 Panthers thread summary: “OMG we wuz robbed of a (phantom) high stick yak yak yak.” Blaming an OT game on a single play.

INSUFFERABLE.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Man, the Panthers are tough. Exactly the team I thought we’d have the hardest time beating this year. I continue to say I think this ECF is really the SCF.

I think if Bob can continue to play well, the Rangers will have a difficult time winning this series. And I know that winning goal today wasn’t good, but he’s been very good through two games. Has given us basically nothing. Rangers advantage over everyone is goaltending, so when another goalie can rise to the occasion and even it up, it makes things very difficult for us with how we’re built.

I really don't think it's Bob. I mean it is Bob like 25% and 75% their defensive style. He did make some high end saves, especially in game 1 but he also had a few posts go his away (as did for the Rangers in game 6 against the Canes). But overall the Rangers' offense has been stifled like frankly the Panthers offense has.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really don't think it's Bob. I mean it is Bob like 25% and 75% their defensive style. He did make some high end saves, especially in game 1 but he also had a few posts go his away (as did for the Rangers in game 6 against the Canes). But overall the Rangers' offense has been stifled like frankly the Panthers offense has.
Yeah, you’re right. The Panthers don’t give you much room. Can you believe how well Mikkola has been doing? I wish we got this last year.

I hate to say it because he has a reputation as a bum, but Maurice has been doing a fantastic job implementing the system he has. They give you essentially nothing easy at every level of the ice, which is why I don’t see any of this being easy.

While Carolina is good, you feel like you can put up crooked numbers on them occasionally. It feels like it’s going to be impossible to ever get any breathing room against Florida.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
The crazy thing about the Bennett goal is that it was reviewed and still called a goal despite the vast majority of folks believing it should have been overturned. The circumstances led to a much bigger uproar.

In this case it was a missed call by the refs, which happens. There’s not much to discuss. It sucks that it wasn’t reviewable.
JFC it wasn't a high stick- please-please- stop whining.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Very evenly matched teams. If this doesn't go 7 I'll be very surprised. I think Florida has the slightest of edges.

Yeah, game 1 seemed like a much wider gap than it was. Really was a 1-0 game. Also there have been 6 goals scored in this series and I think only one of them wasn't some sort of mix of soft as baby shit, lucky, or an empty net. Even the Rangers first goal Trochek's stick came up and got the Panthers' defenseman and helped create seperation. The Panther scored two soft goals (though the second one was a screen but that should never go in like that) an own goal and an empty net. I'm sure we'll see more goals as the series go on that weren't fluly but right now that's all we're getting.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Rangers simply wanted it more than us in overtime. A deserved win.

Excited to see how this series shakes out after the two games in Sunrise. This is going to be a long one...

I've been whining about this a lot but it legit seems like the national analysts are bigger homers than Panthers fans, lol.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
This is must win for the Rangers. They're a home-dominant team. If they go down 0-2 at home, they're not coming back.

Agree it was essentially a must-win, but they're not home-dominant. I believe they were the 3rd best road team in the league this season. 60 pts at home, 54 on the road. They're solid either way.

Very tight series thus far.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Not a fan of either team.
It's puzzling to me that fox name is mentioned in the norris debate every year.

It's not that mystical: Fox is one of the best defensemen in the league.

He took a knee earlier in the playoffs and is playing with a leg brace. He's playing on one leg right now. Prior to this season, he was an over a PPG career playoff guy.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Yeah not sure my heart is ready if most of the games are gonna be like this..

Unfortunately I get the feeling that will be the case.

That was as even a game the Panthers had against anyone these POs. Both teams played really well and it could have gone either way.

bummed that Barkov hit the post. I mean, besides the fact we might have won, that would have been one of those moments remembered like the Iginla or Richard shift.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Yeah not sure my heart is ready if most of the games are gonna be like this..

Unfortunately I get the feeling that will be the case.

That was as even a game the Panthers had against anyone these POs. Both teams played really well and it could have gone either way.

bummed that Barkov hit the post. I mean, besides the fact we might have won, that would have been one of those moments remembered like the Iginla or Richard shift.

Well, at least no one could say that that game was dull or boring...

I think we all figured that the Rangers would win - kudos to them, they played more desperate than the Panthers and were rewarded. I'm rather bummed though that we lost our OT playoff win streak but it had to happen sometime :(.

And yes, I loved that Barkov play - I thought he was great all game despite not appearing on the scoresheet. And both goalies were lights out - incredible performance by Bob and, you know, that annoying other guy in net (grrr).

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Game 1 Panthers fans thread summary: “Rags fans this and Rags fans that.” (Barely a comment on how any single Panthers players contributed.)

Game 2 Panthers thread summary: “OMG we wuz robbed of a (phantom) high stick yak yak yak.” Blaming an OT game on a single play.

INSUFFERABLE.

What? Please post these so called blaming a high stick for the loss on Panthers board? If something the highstick to Forslings face on goal #1 is the only reason Rags scored it is something to whine about. I feel like Rags cried more about Kulikov clean hits

Rangers just wanted it more in OT than Panthers. We looked tired. Dont know why its not like Rags hit us hard much

Reactions: Laus723

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Hopefully. Florida is so boring. If they made the cup ratings would be awful. Theyre a snooze fest team

It must suck to have a shitty forecheck

Sucks to lose on an unreviewable high stick but it is what it is. Funny how we never heard the end of the Bennett goal against Boston, but the media isn’t even acknowledging a blown call led to the OT GWG.

Nah.. that was nothing. Now if we wanted to cry. The high stick on Forsling leading to the first goal. Goal would never happen

Reactions: Laus723 and iam76

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
After seeing the replays.. the first goal by the rangers seems like the high stick in question... Looked like trocheck swung his stick and hit Forsling high. If that hit him in face I'd be more annoyed that call was missed. The OT one is a bit silly to ask for..

Cats had the whole game to score some goals.. same as rangers game 1.. puck luck and some bounces goes along way.. onto the next

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mike C

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
After seeing the replays.. the first goal by the rangers seems like the high stick in question... Looked like trocheck swung his stick and hit Forsling high. If that hit him in face I'd be more annoyed that call was missed. The OT one is a bit silly to ask for..

Cats had the whole game to score some goals.. same as rangers game 1.. puck luck and some bounces goes along way.. onto the next

That miss by Reinhart was costly. To be fair the puck wasnt flat but still

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
The Rangers simply wanted it more than us in overtime. A deserved win.

Excited to see how this series shakes out after the two games in Sunrise. This is going to be a long one...
The Panthers weren't that interested in winning in OT ? I don't get it.

Reactions: blue425

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Yuge win for the Rangers.

Grinded out a tough OT win

Had them in my parlay last night. Thought they would respond better than that.

FL is pretty damn good. So is Shesty.

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
After watching the first 2 games im amazed people think the east wins the cup this year. Im an oilers fan but i dont think either team takes more than a game from edmonton

That being said i get cheering for your team so its all good and i hope for lots of success for your teams

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
After watching the first 2 games im amazed people think the east wins the cup this year. Im an oilers fan but i dont think either team takes more than a game from edmonton

That being said i get cheering for your team so its all good and i hope for lots of success for your teams
Easy there cowboy, you're starting to sound like a Leafs fan rooting for Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad