ECF : New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers | Panthers lead 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I missed the game, but how is it possible that not a single Pather was a + in a game they scored 4 goals. That has to be pretty rare.
scored 2 powerplay goals and were on the ice for a SH goal against probably

also maybe they didn't really lose and maybe they actually won did you ever think of that?

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Outplayed by CAR. Outplayed by FLA. Amazing how a team can keep getting "outplayed" yet keeps on winning. Maybe the term "outplayed" isn't well understood.
Didn’t get outplayed by Carolina really but probably have been in this series for sure

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The Panthers defense was trash on most of the Ranger goals today. Absolute trash. Guys were wide open and Laf drove past 3 Panthers on his second goal. I don't want to hear how great the Panthers were.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Great game. Glad to see Goodrow show off his championship pedigree he got in Tampa today.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Didn’t get outplayed by Carolina really but probably have been in this series for sure
Nah Carolina series was pretty even

the biggest trick the Rangers are pulling on people is they don't give a shit if you dominate zone time but don't get any good scoring chanes off of it. That was Carolina's biggest problem overall. Rangers do well at preventing really high scoring chances considering the amount of zone possesion time they give up and they are very good at capitalizing on the chances they create for themselves

so, it looks like they spend all game getting beat to shit and then get "lucky" on the few chances they create

but it's by design

and it's annoying and ugly and I say that as a rangers fan lol

it's tough to watch them do bad zone exits and have to keep defending until suddenly they create pressure and score a goal, but it's gotten them this far

e: oh, outside of this game so far the series has been quite even. panthers haven't really been a dominant team or anything, rangers have taken advantage of their chances, etc

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Ill
I mean, taking out a bad player and replacing him with a replacement level player...yeah.
I'll take the plus money thanks. 🤑💸

Nah Carolina series was pretty even

the biggest trick the Rangers are pulling on people is they don't give a shit if you dominate zone time but don't get any good scoring chanes off of it. That was Carolina's biggest problem overall. Rangers do well at preventing really high scoring chances considering the amount of zone possesion time they give up and they are very good at capitalizing on the chances they create for themselves

so, it looks like they spend all game getting beat to shit and then get "lucky" on the few chances they create

but it's by design

and it's annoying and ugly and I say that as a rangers fan lol

it's tough to watch them do bad zone exits and have to keep defending until suddenly they create pressure and score a goal, but it's gotten them this far
Its gonna bite them in the arse the next few games. Luck and hard work usually closes the gap that's why I'm slapping money on cats tomorrow morning.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Panthers defense was trash on most of the Ranger goals today. Absolute trash. Guys were wide open and Laf drove past 3 Panthers on his second goal. I don't want to hear how great the Panthers were.

I think most would agree the Panthers are overachieving the last 2 years based on their D. Not sure if maybe much like those 20-21 Isles teams they’re simply built for postseason hockey despite not having a D core that wows you but that D on paper and seeing Ekblad you think wow, this team is doing well considering

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I think most would agree the Panthers are overachieving the last 2 years based on their D. Not sure if maybe much like those 20-21 Isles teams they’re simply built for postseason hockey despite not having a D core that wows you but that D on paper and seeing Ekblad you think wow, this team is doing well considering
The panthers are a weird defensive team. They shut things down for extended periods and they also give up a ton of odd man rushes and leave guys wide open. They are a good team but they have flaws that the Rangers can exploit.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Ill
I'll take the plus money thanks. 🤑💸

Its gonna bite them in the arse the next few games. Luck and hard work usually closes the gap that's why I'm slapping money on cats tomorrow morning.
You're betting the equivalent of a dinner for two at McDonalds and can maybe win a dinner for two at Five Guys.

Not sure how much I'd be bragging, especially considering your track record.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad