Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You have to go back
You said you can't win the more than 7 Americans. You said a stupid thing and got called on it, just take admit it and move on.

Also, Kessel was an absolute beast on that 2016 team, leading the team in scoring.
One team in the last 20 years is an outlier.

Statement stands as is.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Ok, the Panthers are the first team in history to be up 1-0 after one period playing "their game". Just an absolute clown show.
1 game. Just like if the rangers win game 2.. folks need to stop hyping themselves up either way... These teams are very close.. puck luck is a huge part of this

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Panthers played a good road game at MSG, against the Rangers, who seemed to be flat. It was a combination of the Panthers style of play, as well as the days off for the Rangers. Adjustments will be made by both teams in Game 2. There is another level of hockey that both teams can reach.

Series is Panthers 1, Rangers 0, that is it. A series is not decided after one game.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Florida is spectacular. Its going to take a series of a lifetime for the Rangers to pull this out IMHO. The special teams only crap can only go so far. Florida is the team it wont work against.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I think this will be a short series. The Rangers just cant hang with Florida physically. Florida wins Game 2 and closes this out in 5.

Florida is spectacular. Its going to take a series of a lifetime for the Rangers to pull this out IMHO. The special teams only crap can only go so far. Florida is the team it wont work against.

I dont think all that. The Rangers are not some shit team that just got bye. The outlook of the series is still very much open to go either way, and the narrative changes if the Rangers win tonight.

I expect the Panthers to win the series, as I believe they are the better team, but Im not expecting a sweep. Even in 5 is a stretch IMO.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I dont think all that. The Rangers are not some shit team that just got bye. The outlook of the series is still very much open to go either way, and the narrative changes if the Rangers win tonight.

I expect the Panthers to win the series, as I believe they are the better team, but Im not expecting a sweep. Even in 5 is a stretch IMO.
This is must win for the Rangers. They're a home-dominant team. If they go down 0-2 at home, they're not coming back.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

Rangers get benefit of the doubt after 1 bad game, after starting the first 2 rounds by going 3-0. Let's see what they do tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Panthers played a good road game at MSG, against the Rangers, who seemed to be flat. It was a combination of the Panthers style of play, as well as the days off for the Rangers. Adjustments will be made by both teams in Game 2. There is another level of hockey that both teams can reach.

Series is Panthers 1, Rangers 0, that is it. A series is not decided after one game.
Exactly. Finally managed to watch most of the game and although I never felt the panthers were in danger of losing the game [potential fan googles here], it was definitely more evenly matched than the scoreline would indicate.

Good road effort from us - was worried that we would be the ones coming out flat in game 1 as we did with Boston. But I have no doubt that the Rangers will be coming out strong tonight and will probably win the game as they will be playing with more desperation and have the talent to adjust. My prediction was panthers in 7 so standing by that. However, if the Rangers play tonight like they played on Wednesday, that would be FANTASTIC...

PS. Loved the game and watching us effectively suffocating the Rangers but I can see how a neutral fan would find it dull. Hey, it works and it's fascinating watching in its own way.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Game 1 was closer than the final score or shot count indicated. Even besides the 2 posts, The Rangers high danger chances were a bit more scary looking imo (breakaways 2-0 in rangers favour, odd man rushes too), and Bobrovsky had to make the harder saves than Shesterkin even though we controlled play most of the time (hence the shot and zone time differential).

Although I liked what I saw from my team. I'm expecting another close game that the score will reflect this time around. Shesterkin was unusually off last game.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I'm going to miss game 3 and frankly I think I need the break these games are so stressful. Two teams not giving up much of anything and when they do give something up a Vezina goalie is there to make the save (though game 1 Shesterkin wasn't good). Just very stressful.
Thankfully I can utter those 3 little words that mean so much

Doctor Perscribed Medicine!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
I'm going to miss game 3 and frankly I think I need the break these games are so stressful. Two teams not giving up much of anything and when they do give something up a Vezina goalie is there to make the save (though game 1 Shesterkin wasn't good). Just very stressful.
Stress of the NHL playoffs kind is healthy and builds character!
But, taking a break at times isn't a bad idea either.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hopefully. Florida is so boring. If they made the cup ratings would be awful. Theyre a snooze fest team

I don't know why only certain teams get the boring stigma and others don't. I feel like you heard about how boring the Devils are 20 years after they won their cups with the trap. But when the Panthers do it it's "muh physical, muh system".

To be clear I'm not saying they play the same style, they're just boring AF like the Devils were but don't get called out for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad