Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Panthers looked faster, stronger, and more physical. Rangers would dump the puck in, but never have be in on the forecheck quickly or in enough numbers to bother the FLA breakout.

Panthers started playing like this about 3-4 years ago, i guess. I have no idea where it came from - Quenneville? I know Barkov is a great two way player, which helps a lot, but guys like Erod go to that team and play 20% better than they do with other teams.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Let’s clear something up right now there will be close to 3000 Rangers fans in a place that seats 20,0000. The Panthers will have a clear distinct home ice advantage. And we beat the drum every 5 minutes with a Panthers chat which is very intimidating. It can be a very loud building our players rave about it.

And btw don’t let the rats hit you on the way out…….
Luckily for the Rangers, it's looking like they'll only have to play their twice

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
This looked quite a bit like the last Rangers series except that Florida actually has a legit. goalie. Rangers are just not a great even strength team. It is what it is at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaWa and Neil Racki

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
said Panthers in 5 and after last night might need to adjust that to 4.

Canes would have been a better match-up against this Panthers team and should have won the last series. Don’t believe me just check money-puck which had Canes winning both games 1 55% and game 3 64% if 100 simulations were done.

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
nhl.com 's gamepage lists the second goal with an "own" icon. How long have they been doing this? Looking at espn, yahoo and sportsnet they don't give it that designation like they would do for an empty Net

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
This is such an absurd post, I don't get it. There were huge hits, back and forth play, big saves, players attacking the puck...wtf do you want? A 9-7 game?
Stop. That game was unbelievably boring for 95% of it. That was the general sentiment on this site, Twitter, hell...ESPN was even alluding to it.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Like I said early in the Boston series it will come down to IF the Rangers top 6 can out produce our top 6.

The Rangers D and Shesty were in scramble mode in the DZone all night.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I think both teams have another gear, and if you get to this point in the playoffs, you're not going to fold easily.

The biggest diff...
Previous series: Sheshterkin >> Andersen
and we know: Bobrovsky >> Andersen

This series: Bob ?? Sheshterkin

So far Bob > Sheshterkin, but that's only game one. I could also say Lafreniere > Sheshterkin though:wg:.
That goal was just as much on shesterkin for his lame clearing attempt

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
So, you have no reasoning as to why it was boring, it just was? What made it boring?
Rangers need it to be North South, speed through the neutral zone, chances off the rush type of games.

We forced them East West all night, sticks in the lanes etc. Lots of heads shaking last night.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Rangers need it to be North South, speed through the neutral zone, chances off the rush type of games.

We forced them East West all night, sticks in the lanes etc. Lots of heads shaking last night.
Which was exciting. The game had everything, only reason I can think someone wouldn't have found it exciting is because they were either a Rags fan or was 15 goal games.

Reactions: RogerRoger

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I only watched the first 40 minutes but I never got the feeling the Rangers were going to score. Florida was the better team and it was textbook team defense. When Barkov was on the ice it was a clinic defensively for Florida.

But NYR still had few great scoring chances.

NYR barely touched the puck during this game, but the few times they did, it ended up with good scoring chances. Bob had to make few big saves.

Reactions: Neil Racki

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I think that was a really tight game that went our way with help of capitalizing off of a couple massive mistakes by the Rangers. We clamped it down defensively, and Bob was awesome.

I'll bet on New York looking much stronger next game, but you don't want to give Florida gifts off of basic mistakes. Give us an inch, we'll take a mile.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Florida's C game ending up as a win would worry me as an NYR fan, they're not gonna bleed 2 breakaways and some of the chances they gave up last night every night

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
That goal was just as much on shesterkin for his lame clearing attempt
I think his clear just hid the boards/glass the wrong way. But yeah, that part is on Shesterkin, but the situation wasn't unrecoverable.

Anyhow...that wasn't the main part of my post, I was just having some fun :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad