Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
The same player taking another penalty on a delayed call equals a double minor, I guess. Makes some sense. A different player committing the second foul would’ve resulted in a 5v3.
This isn't quite right.

For those confused:

(Rule 19 – Coincidental Penalties) COINCIDENTAL PENALTIES
(all penalties assessed at the same stoppage).

Team A Captain’s choice to play one player short-handed for four
minutes or two players shorthanded for two minutes. Should he
choose the latter, an additional team A player must be placed on
the penalty bench to serve the minor penalty for A3.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
This isn't quite right.

For those confused:

(Rule 19 – Coincidental Penalties) COINCIDENTAL PENALTIES
(all penalties assessed at the same stoppage).

Team A Captain’s choice to play one player short-handed for four
minutes or two players shorthanded for two minutes. Should he
choose the latter, an additional team A player must be placed on
the penalty bench to serve the minor penalty for A3.
Thanks for clarifying that.
It Should be the choice of team B, though.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Thanks for clarifying that.
It Should be the choice of team B, though.
I imagine everyone would always pick the 5 on 3. Even if you score, you'd still have a 5 on 4, albeit shorter.

I can't see any team A picking a 5 on 3 for that same reason.

I wonder if it's just worth making it consistent and picking one or the other.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I think florida is giddy at the minutes Trouba is getting

every time he steps over the boards they are smiling because this guy never has the puck, takes penalties, and is caught flatfooted every shift
Outside of that lucky hail Mary he sent to Goodrow at center ice for the OT winner in game 2.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I imagine everyone would always pick the 5 on 3. Even if you score, you'd still have a 5 on 4, albeit shorter.

Yes, exactly. PP team’s choice would be 5v3 all day, every day.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Damn New Yorkers are baby powder soft

Whining about refs and diving since round 1

I remember people whining that Fox dove when he got kneed in the Capitals series. Meanwhile dude has been a shell of himself ever since. As someone said this is literally every fanbase. We don't whine ten years later like some fanbases. But we do whine during games and series like all fanbases.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
I can see being upset about the whistle when Reinhart went down. I thought whistle was to call penalty on Trouba for something with the hit. I guess the wind was knocked out of Rhino, (idk). Ref over reacted for some reason, maybe he saw hit to chest and thought it might be serious? Idk definitely was a questionable play stoppage, that shouldn’t have happened. But, having said that...
Are they slipping acid into the water supply up there? Or maybe it’s an old lead pipes problem. :puppy: Rodrigues took a shot to the head, was not the initial point of contact, but he still got hit in the head and stunned. Clearly visible, but still claiming a dive.
The bitching about the call on Rempe....can some Ranger fans not see why it was called? Lavy saw it, and pretty much benched him for rest of the game.
Some Rangers fans saying the puck wasn’t around when Bennett was there as the puck left Ranger’s stick.
Rangers fans going apeshit over every call/non call.
The passion is admirable, but it sometimes clouds the vision. (Panthers fans included, everyone can have one way eyes.)
Thakchuk dove against Trouba. Reinhart garbs onto Rempe’s arm and starts staring at the ref before he even hits the board.

Rodrigues goes down the sack spuds meanwhile Wennberg is back on the bench before the melee end when a more vicious hit is laid on him by Kulikov.

There are plenty of other examples as welll.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If only the Panthers played as well in front of Bob as the Rangers did for Igor. What a pity.

That is what happened isn’t it?

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013

Definitely should be Team B's choice. I think most times it would be 5v3 in that case, but nursing a lead in the 3rd period, 4 minutes of 5v4 might be preferable.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
2 minutes of 5 on 3 then 3 minutes of 5 on 4
is that right?

Rules say “When one player receives a major penalty and a minor penalty at the same time, the major penalty shall be served first by the penalized player (or substitute for the goalkeeper), except under Rule 19.2 where coincidental major penalties are in effect, in which case the minor penalty will be recorded and served first."

Seems like they aren't served together, but one after another, with the major penalty being done first then the minor penalty after, unless I'm misreading the rules

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Thakchuk dove against Trouba. Reinhart garbs onto Rempe’s arm and starts staring at the ref before he even hits the board.

Rodrigues goes down the sack spuds meanwhile Wennberg is back on the bench before the melee end when a more vicious hit is laid on him by Kulikov.

There are plenty of other examples as welll.
Xackly

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Before playoffs I was saying that Bobrovsky is a very overrated goalie and not very good, while people were talking about him as some sort of an asset, and one of the best goalies in playoffs. This narrative was strong even after the first series, where he didn't even play well.

I honestly don't get why Bobrovsky is so highly touted even though his analytics and results have been mediocre at best. I guess it's because his terrible fundamentals constantly leave him out of position so he needs to make clown jumps to save chances that better, more fundamentally sound goalies would effortlessly save without making you think that it was a big deal or a good scoring chance in the first place.

Clown jump goalies like Bobrovsky might look good on highlights, but don't look good on paper.

100% goalie differential this game, Panthers dominated otherwise. And no, it's not about Rangers being opportunistic; it's about Bobrovsky being bad.

Reactions: T REX

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
The Rangers have become a very resilient team. I knew once it went to overtime they would win. Igor is the Russian wall and Alexis Lafreniere is becoming a star. He’s gotten faster, his shot has become dangerous. He’s turning into the player that was drafted first. The Rangers seem like a team of destiny. I picked them to win the cup and I’m staying with that pick.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
I don’t think their angry it’s just nobody cares.
Lol at this. Have you seen how much attention Remps gets around the league, viewers, refs, players, former players, fans?

30 years of hockey and I’ve never seen anything like this?

Whatcha talking “nobody cares”!!! You literally posted about it.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Any time the penalties are 6-2 in a game, there will be bitching. Taking my Ranger fan bias out of it, the bitching is warranted. Rempe has been getting abused by officials.

I don't think people have a problem with the 2 minute call on Trouba. But for Erod to be down on the ice for 5 minutes and be right back out there was a terrible look, just calling it like it is

A player selling concussion (Tkachuk did it twice last series) should be called on it and pulled to concussion protocol.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
A player selling concussion (Tkachuk did it twice last series) should be called on it and pulled to concussion protocol.
Agreed. If you watch the replay, trainer asks rodrigues if hes okay while face down holding his head while on the ice, e-rod nods yes and then trainer just stops doing any medical related stuff and just keeps a hand on his back.

Embellishment should be reviewable. E-rod laid on the ice for 3 minutes only to not miss a shift

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I personally don't care about teams playing "dirty" or "cheap".

It's the Conference Finals.

It's not on the players to police themselves. This is why we have referees.

Players need to find the line, cross it as often as they can get away with it.

I'm not gonna be mad at Florida because 4 of our top 6 like to play a nice game.

This is what they all signed up for. If they can still win while turning the other cheek, more power to the NYR'S. I hate the approach myself, but this is who they are and we shouldn't expect the refs to bail us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad