Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
scored 2 powerplay goals and were on the ice for a SH goal against probably

also maybe they didn't really lose and maybe they actually won did you ever think of that?

Sorry, it wasn't a real question. I know how it works, just seems pretty damn rare if an occurrence to score 4, lose in OT and not have a single + player.

I'm not sure what the 2nd part of your post is referring to.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
OK, but they don't trust him to play more than 5 minutes? Too much strain on the rest of the lineup if you ask me.
Well, he is a rookie, and learning. I don't mind some caution.
But, for all the doubters, including a few Rangers fans, his play in Game 2 (10 minutes I think, correct me if I'm wrong) was effective. He checked well and didn't cross any lines. In fact, I was disappointed when I saw him letting up when finishing a perfectly good check, when he should have pasted that Panther into a red spot on the boards.

I don't buy the 'Risk of Rempe' blather I hear and read so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Well, he is a rookie. I don't mind some caution.
But, for all the doubters, including a few Rangers fans, his play in Game 2 (10 minutes I think, correct me if I'm wrong) was effective. He didn't cross any lines. In fact, I was disappointed when I saw him letting up when finishing a perfectly legal check, when he should have pasted that Panther into a red spot on the boards.

I don't buy the 'Risk of Rempe' blather I hear and read so much.
He played very well game 2. The only problem is he has a target on his back and he gets penalized if he breathes on another player. It's always a risk.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
He played very well game 2. The only problem is he has a target on his back and he gets penalized if he breathes on another player. It's always a risk.
Understood, but you don't turn and run because of that. You use all your weapons. He is one.

Edit: I don't want Laviolette to be cowed by a-holes like Kelly Sutherland
If Lavi brings Wheeler in at some point, I'm good with that too.

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I mean did you see those two Laf goals? They should give the Rangers the cup based on those alone

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
They were not outplayed by Carolina. That's a false narrative. They were badly outplayed in the 3rd today for sure. The deserve to win meter had them winning games 1 and 2 FWIW. Today it was heavily in Florida's favor.
Exactly, the 3rd period gave the illusion panthers "throughly outplayed rangers".

Cats in 6
Ohhhhhhh look the roaring kitty is back

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Thanks.

So that's a big difference, I don't think the Rangers survive a 5 on 3. No matter, stupid play by Trouba. What's he doing with his elbow up like that? Come on man, this the ECF, gotta be smarter than that.
The same player taking another penalty on a delayed call equals a double minor, I guess. Makes some sense. A different player committing the second foul would’ve resulted in a 5v3.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Couldn't watch tonight's game but I thought the Rangers were very good in game 2. Very tight margins in this series again. I think Panthers winning game 2 would've been huge, denying Rangers the reward for their effort. Instead NYR got that reward and now won a game they maybe shouldn't have. It could very well be the difference between the winner and loser in this series but there's lots of hockey left.

Reactions: egelband

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
The same player taking another penalty on a delayed call equals a double minor, I guess. Makes some sense. A different player committing the second foul would’ve resulted in a 5v3.
As a Ranger’s fan it’s a dumb rule that we benefited from.

That said there are a bunch of dumb rules like if you are on a pk and score a goal on a delayed penalty it doesn’t go to four on four, even though if you scored on a 4 on 4 it wouldn’t go to a powerplay for the other team.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Great game. Glad to see Goodrow show off his championship pedigree he got in Tampa today.
He’s an OG bastard, indeed.
Over the 3 games the Cats have been the better team.
Yeah, except for the putting more pucks in the opponent’s net than they do in yours part, they’re doing alright.

As a Ranger’s fan it’s a dumb rule that we benefited from.

That said there are a bunch of dumb rules like if you are on a pk and score a goal on a delayed penalty it doesn’t go to four on four, even though if you scored on a 4 on 4 it wouldn’t go to a powerplay for the other team.
Definitely would’ve preferred a 5v3 PP there.

Reactions: TheWrongWay

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
“One of these times when Rempe actually makes a mistake” is quite the hill to die on considering every NHLer has done this at some point of their career.

Hes played 25 games and isnt a detriment to the team.
No he isn't. He is an asset.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
As a captain Trouba is a joke .
With Kreider, Fox, Panarin who the f@#$ thought to and then names Trouba captain. lol
Like having Matt Cooke or Sean Avery as captain . ha!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad