Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The worst of the Carolina fans were just children trolling; but christ, the Florida fans are just brain dead. Reading comprehension out the window there. Each one just posts that they can't believe the audacity of Rangers fans (saying essentially nothing) and follow it up with the biggest chest pounding and a ridiculous statements.

Pride before the fall

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
c240daba-05a4-4798-9e3b-7e32ecf543db_text.gif
Correct. Igor is a goalie.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Not disagreeing with your overall sentiment. But I wouldn't say the Rangers are making average goalies look great these playoffs:
  • Lindgren – .864
  • Anderson – .878
  • Kochetkov – .880
Those are some crapola save percentages.
I meant historically. We have quite a history making average goalies look formidable in the playoffs.

Bondra slapshot

Jul 21, 2009
Main threads seem to turn into a joke every time, but this one devolved far quickly than any other and the reason is like point blank; Panthers mod laugh reacting every comment and rejecting any reports is peak comedy - especially in light of the buzzsaw that went through any Rangers fan in the Rempe thread earlier this year.
not sure if it's the same guy but to possibly address this and also your comment earlier about the general attitude of Panthers fans here in terms of the Rangers fans, there were a few Rangers fans on the main playoffs boards that went into the Panthers-Bruins thread when the Rangers were up 3-0 and they were sorta teasing the Panthers and Bruins by saying stuff like "haha please beat each other up while we wait for the winner". One of the mods who happens to be a Panther fan then had a back-and-forth with a Rangers fan. It just devolved after that. I bet this has a lot to do with it. The Rangers fans that went into that thread and instigated don't actually post much here.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I think the series could go either way. Barkov is a very gifted player and Tkachuk, Reinhart, Verhaeghe and Forsling are really excellent players. To me they're a lot like Carolina only quite a bit nastier. We're a deeper team IMO than we were a couple years ago when we played you guys...also better options to bring into the lineup if someone goes down not that I want that to happen. Florida has some decent options as spares too. Both teams seem relatively healthy right now. All the teams left are really good. You can't take any of them for granted and if your team hasn't won in 30 years it's best not to celebrate until you actually do get there or at least that's the way I look at it. The Panthers were close last year and I know that feeling and I expect they're really motivated having another shot.
Not as motivated as the Rangers are to undo the shame of last year. Plus, a year ago we felt the same as the Panthers do now.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Wheeler is a great story for sure and its great he's around the team but not sure how he will keep up with the pace of the playoffs when he couldn't in the regular season. He would be fresh but he's also coming off a leg injury.
I just don't see why Chytil wouldn't be in the lineup game 1? The Wheeler/Brodz debate should be a moot one.
Lets be honest, the season changed for the better when wheeler went down. While you dont wish injury on anyone, that truly was the turning point. Lineup got faster, younger and more jam

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Main threads seem to turn into a joke every time, but this one devolved far quickly than any other and the reason is like point blank; Panthers mod laugh reacting every comment and rejecting any reports is peak comedy - especially in light of the buzzsaw that went through any Rangers fan in the Rempe thread earlier this year.
I get it. No rules have been broke so I can't really do much.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
really not enjoying these florida fans so far. for a franchise that's never won a cup they're so cocky.
The fans in south Florida are bandwagon jumpers and fair weather fans. They only think they know a team, ask them who wears what jersey number and they won’t know. This is really the first generation of Panther fans. Dolphin fan s are right there also.
Those are the fans you live with in Florida

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
not sure if it's the same guy but to possibly address this and also your comment earlier about the general attitude of Panthers fans here in terms of the Rangers fans, there were a few Rangers fans on the main playoffs boards that went into the Panthers-Bruins thread when the Rangers were up 3-0 and they were sorta teasing the Panthers and Bruins by saying stuff like "haha please beat each other up while we wait for the winner". One of the mods who happens to be a Panther fan then had a back-and-forth with a Rangers fan. It just devolved after that. I bet this has a lot to do with it. The Rangers fans that went into that thread and instigated don't actually post much here.

FWIW it's best to stay away from fans of other teams before a series because it's always going to be mostly the same 'my team is better than yours' from at least 80% of the posts as if one could somehow know already how the future series is going to turn out. I'd rather not go into fortune telling. How little are thoughts and feelings are likely to make one iota of difference before a puck is even dropped and even after it all begins. We sit, wait, watch and hope and usually most years it ends in failure somewhere along the way.

I'll add that there is a long history of lesser teams beating better teams quite often in playoffs. That's what an upset is. In this case however I would say both Florida and the Rangers are at least close as far as being really good teams and I don't think an objective outside observer would be shocked if either team won.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
I thought Vesey has looked terrible the longer this season goes. He hasn’t been a liability but he hasn’t provided anything else. No big hits or timely goals. Definitely would look for a upgrade this off season if available

Reactions: Atax

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
I thought Vesey has looked terrible the longer this season goes. He hasn’t been a liability but he hasn’t provided anything else. No big hits or timely goals. Definitely would look for a upgrade this off season if available
You aren't getting much of an upgrade on Vesey, if one at all, for the 800k we're paying him, and 4th line wing isn't a position worth investing a lot of money into.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Yeah that adds up

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not as motivated as the Rangers are to undo the shame of last year. Plus, a year ago we felt the same as the Panthers do now.

When a team makes it to the finals and don't win they have a lot of motivation. Just getting there is an extra step to knowing what it takes to go all the way but you still come up short. At that point it's a lost opportunity to win it all. I remember Tkachuk playing with a really bad injury in that last game. Of course he's going to have motivation.

The teams in the last 4 are the real contenders IMO. I know that a team like Carolina rips up the league in the regular season every year but their inability to ever get farther than the second round is a reason they're more of a pretender than a contending team. It's like with the personnel they have they can only go that far and no further. They tried big adds at the deadline this time and it still didn't work. When you get to where the Rangers/Panthers/Stars are right now it gets really serious.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
You tell me how the man you call Tuba (I call Mayfield) plays, I'll tell you how the series goes.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
So no go with Chytil as a C?

Cuylee , Chytil , Kakko
Goodrow, Wennberg , Vesey

If Chytil is out we probably see Wheeler imo
Please no. Seems like a solid dude and has good hockey IQ and sense. His skills, however, have atrophied to the point where he is completely ineffective. His lack of speed and grit would be a huge liability. Let’s be honest, when he was hurt, we instantly got much better. I like him as a vet cheerleader and 15th forward.

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
The fans in south Florida are bandwagon jumpers and fair weather fans. They only think they know a team, ask them who wears what jersey number and they won’t know. This is really the first generation of Panther fans. Dolphin fan s are right there also.
Those are the fans you live with in Florida

This is every fanbase. The amount of NYR fans I know who don’t know shit about hockey or the team is staggeringly large. These folks are just far better masked in big market O6 teams.

But there are fans in other markets who love their team and know the team well. And I’ve chatted with more than a few from Florida who well remember the John VBK early years of the Panthers.

I don’t think it’s ideal to assume too much on entire fanbases.

Like I’ve seen a lot of people shit on Vegas hockey fans and I lived in there. I saw a lot of great hockey fans there. People that supported a Vegas ECHL team for 10 years and knew that roster inside out. And of course the Vegas Wranglers had the ever-awesome "Don't Shoot, I'm Human" Dick Cheney Hunting Vest Night.

Newer teams have to start somewhere. But for any newer team there are always some passionate fans who know the game or are excited to dive into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad