Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Hate to be a downer but I can't see us winning this series with guys like Kakko, Wennberg, Vesey and Cuylle averaging a point every 10 playoff games. Add in the fact that Fox has been half the player he normally is and you have a team that's pretty ripe for the picking barring some major surprises.

Panthers are getting contributions from pretty much everyone in their line up including their D which has contributed 25 points thus far vs. ours that has just 16 (granted, in one more game played).

One area where we've been notably better is goaltending but like we saw with Hank that will only get you so far And Igor wasn't anything that special against Carolina except for some timely saves here and there.

I think the only way we stand a chance is if Chytil gets back and makes a big contribution AND Fox somehow reverts back to vintage Fox and doesn't continue playing like a rando on D. I just don't see our depth forwards turning it around, especially with the Cats being a much more physical team.

Reactions: mas0764

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
Caps, Canes, and Panthers...do we get a Southeast Division banner after this...
if only the Jets could have made it further...

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Don't get the negative fans. We were the best team over 82 games. We CAN beat anyone. Some of you seem like you need to soften the blow to your egos in advance. I expect to win. If we don't, we don't and I get up the next day. Why would I go in expecting failure? Get some backbone.

We were lucky to squeak by the Capitals. I'm proud of us for having made it to the Final 4. This rag-tag group is already champions for that. Any victories from here on out are just extra to me.
Troll

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I’m looking for Panarin to come up big. Might be unfair to him but he can really take over a series if he’s on, and the added wrinkle of his friendship with Bobrovsky. Think he’s going to show up
100%. He’s had his clutch moments but we need the sustained, relentless attack we saw all season. His linemates are outperforming him so far.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
He won't be on the ice with those guys. It's the playoffs. No one is intimidated. Or deterred. Would I play him if the other option is Brod? Yeah, maybe for a game. But if an NHL player is available, he's upstairs.
For me, I’d be looking for him to put one of their defensemen through the boards like he did against Washington. It’s shitty to hope he injures someone but this is going to be an absolute war.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Florida poses a physical test but their back end will be really pressed by Rangers top two lines. Maurice is an excellent coach. So is Laviolette. The Ranger crowd in South Florida will be a nice boost. I had Carolina pegged as a harder out than Florida before the playoffs and I still feel that way. Nothing easy at this time of the year.
I see them as equal teams. Both of them and the Rangers were all SC contenders at the start of the post season.

Even though we won, we were basically evenly matched against Carolina but got the OT wins which could’ve gone either way. I feel Florida will be equally close. If anything, they’re better than the canes.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Hate to be a downer but I can't see us winning this series with guys like Kakko, Wennberg, Vesey and Cuylle averaging a point every 10 playoff games. Add in the fact that Fox has been half the player he normally is and you have a team that's pretty ripe for the picking barring some major surprises.

Panthers are getting contributions from pretty much everyone in their line up including their D which has contributed 25 points thus far vs. ours that has just 16 (granted, in one more game played).

One area where we've been notably better is goaltending but like we saw with Hank that will only get you so far And Igor wasn't anything that special against Carolina except for some timely saves here and there.

I think the only way we stand a chance is if Chytil gets back and makes a big contribution AND Fox somehow reverts back to vintage Fox and doesn't continue playing like a rando on D. I just don't see our depth forwards turning it around, especially with the Cats being a much more physical team.
Third line needs to start contributing. They’re certainly capable but they need results now. They’re the reason why the last series went almost seven games.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Canes play style was a nightmare matchup for us. I like us better against basically anyone else. Florida will be tough but we’ve got the edge in net. I’m going Rangers in 6.

If you think the Canes style was a nightmare, this shits about to be an eye opening experience for you.

One thing for sure, rangers are gonna have to get their dirtbag on in this one. Panthers are unapologetically dirty so they need to be ready to return the favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad