Post-Game Talk: ECF: Game 3 - 5-4 OT Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I’m bummed out too. But no time to dwell.
On to the next one. If this team is who we think they are or who THEY think they are, they should overcome this. It’s hockey, it’s life, fall get back up again. We need to feed off of the hardships. As others have said, winning the SC ain’t easy. We could be up 3-0 in the series but we aren’t. Win next one and it’s 2-2. We’re back in it. Let’s do this!!

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Incredible that we found a way to lose this game. We dominated the entire third and overtime only to come away with nothing. The better team lost.

Jacob Trouba is disgusting, by the way. That was a CLEAR and DELIBERATE elbow straight to the head of Rodrigues. Should’ve been a 5.

We allowed three breakaways including one in which Lafreniere literally made Kuli and OEL look like fools. Unacceptable.

Gut wrenching loss and extremely annoying to walk away with nothing after peppering their goaltender for a period and a f***ing half.

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
When the Cats play with urgency they start with urgency. When they come back and play with urgency they can be devastating as we see. But when you lose focus leave your goalie unprotected you will lose the game. So PoMo with his defensive strategies goes out the window when your team has no interest in playing defense. And allow short handed goals that is the kiss of death.

So where do we go from here what can we learn and apply what we learn when your hogtied and the system slows you down and essentially stalls that offense which establishes you as the front runner.
Urgency needs to start at the beginning not just for one period.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
they simply need to outwill and win... I don't know if this team can at this point after today. that should have been a win

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Kind of look like Rangers round against Carolina as well, just getting the bounces even when outplayed.

allowing 5 at home is never acceptable. Got to be better next game.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Trio123

Jul 26, 2021
f*** you ekblad. Bench and trade that shit now!

f*** you tarasenko. Bench him.

Lundell isn't 2C. Not even close! So f*** you.

Reactions: Jakeybonz

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
They lost game 2 where they played the right way, and they flinched. Defensemen were thinking offense instead of defense first in game 3. That's all the edge a team needs at this point in the playoffs.
Teams will rope a dope you, and then pot one. It's not just enough to skate hard, you have to be smart about your play as well.
Man left all alone in front of the net for the OT goal because defensemen are too aggressive trying to follow the puck around the ice. Middle of the ice left open this game that lead to goals because defensemen were too aggressive trying to pressure guys in the neutral zone and along the boards.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
We need more traffic to the net. Make Shesterkin uncomfortable or we're not going to get through. He's seeing a lot of the chances and not enough battling around him. Maybe the goalie interference stuff has them nervous I dunno, but get in that blue paint and let the refs figure it out.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Absolutely ridiculous that they lost this game. Prime Tkachuk should have burried that sweet ERod setup right point blank in front of the net, game over.

What is even more ridiculous is that some people use this game to bash Bob. The guy does not see shots for 7 mins straight regularly and then he has to come up with the impossible saves? I mean, come on!

But what is the MOST ridiculous is the Rangers' fans take on us being divers and the flying Trouba elbow. I hope our fanbase is not that classless, just take the win and shut up. Not that this sceen is that game changing but at least be honest that you got away with one. We also know that we got away with one or the other thing (e.g. Benny on Marchand) but nobody tries to justify that. How any "hockey expert" like Kevin Bieksa (?) can say that it is just a shoulder glance to the head has no freaking clue what they are talking about. Hell, I'd even prefer listening to vendetta...

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Jacob Trouba is a classless piece of trash. If that elbow was not a major then I don’t know what is. The next step would’ve been for him to pull out a gun and shoot Rodrigues. Maybe they would’ve called that a minor as well though.

The league talks a big game about player safety, and then fails to discipline a clear cut and malicious flying elbow straight to the head.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Rodrigues left him trying to tip it first

the most common coverage on an offensive zone draw has the 2 D lined up with the wingers. on a loss, the D are supposed to stay with their checks and the center is supposed to stay with the opposing center. the two wings line up in varying spots that make it easier to get out to the points.

OEL wandered over toward the wall because that's where his guy went. he could have stayed at home but as we know, we play a high-pressure style. so, technically, the player who who messed up on this play was rodrigues. he really wasn't marking anyone.

but... this stuff happens. I wouldn't dwell on it. rodrigues knew it right away.

I wouldn't dwell on the loose play earlier in the game either because there were so many positives and you want to keep morale up. we got a little spread out and that led to space in the neutral zone. that's easy to correct.

if the new lines can maintain half the possession they had yesterday, we'll be ok.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Jacob Trouba is a classless piece of trash. If that elbow was not a major then I don’t know what is. The next step would’ve been for him to pull out a gun and shoot Rodrigues. Maybe they would’ve called that a minor as well though.

The league talks a big game about player safety, and then fails to discipline a clear cut and malicious flying elbow straight to the head.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
They lost game 2 where they played the right way, and they flinched. Defensemen were thinking offense instead of defense first in game 3. That's all the edge a team needs at this point in the playoffs.
Teams will rope a dope you, and then pot one. It's not just enough to skate hard, you have to be smart about your play as well.
Man left all alone in front of the net for the OT goal because defensemen are too aggressive trying to follow the puck around the ice. Middle of the ice left open this game that lead to goals because defensemen were too aggressive trying to pressure guys in the neutral zone and along the boards.
I agree, they didn't play their best. But they still had 108 shot attempts. Even though the Rangers WERE lucky, credit them for blocking 41 of them. Igor stood tall for them with 38 saves. Cats have to play the game of their lives next game, if they do, no way the Rangers win.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
If Erod had embellished this better by pretending to be unconscious and being stretchered off, its 100% called a major and a 5 on 3 at that since he took an earlier penalty. The result? The rags wouldnt have scored shorthanded, we most likely score and maybe score twice. Sounds funny, but Erod cost us the game by not embellishing enough if anything.

Reactions: austropanther

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Embellishment? These guys never have taken a ball, puck, hit, punch to the side of the jaw, from whatever angle, without cushion. It hurts, feels like your jaw got pushed to the side of your head. And ERod was going full speed and Trouba launched his ellbow, covered with hard plastic protection...

Sorry for sounding like vendetta, but they are clueless idiots

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I think facebook hates the panthers cause everytime we lose it floods my feed with opposing team posts that are somehow “recommended”

Honestly more annoying than losing, the finals was even worse, had to report every vegas post for terrorism to get it to stop

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I think facebook hates the panthers cause everytime we lose it floods my feed with opposing team posts that are somehow “recommended”

Honestly more annoying than losing, the finals was even worse, had to report every vegas post for terrorism to get it to stop
ty-lue-shocked.gif

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Embellishment? These guys never have taken a ball, puck, hit, punch to the side of the jaw, from whatever angle, without cushion. It hurts, feels like your jaw got pushed to the side of your head. And ERod was going full speed and Trouba launched his ellbow, covered with hard plastic protection...

Sorry for sounding like vendetta, but they are clueless idiots

it was a flying elbow. easily could have been 5 (plus suspension) and I think would have been if rodrigues was injured but the reality is he did sell it and it was pretty clear. it's possible for both things to be true. it can't be a major for intent unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad