Post-Game Talk: ECF: Game 3 - 5-4 OT Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Just my opinion here but I think the next is a “must win” in equal amount to both Panthers and Rangers, although for different reasons.

Panthers for the obvious reason. Rangers for the reason that if they lose, we’ll have the momentum back and they’ll be holding their sticks tighter.

Next game the key is absolutely to have the same kind of offensive production but tighten up defensively when in our zone, faceoffs being the obvious example.

I’m expecting seven more wins this season. Then I’m done.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
If youre going to be mad, direct the anger where it belongs. Paul Maurice. Let me ram this into your skull. He plays......EKBLAD. ON PURPOSE. This isnt some accident or a fit of dementia. This is a conscious decision to lose this series. Make no mistake. This is a forfeit. The man has lost every single puck battle in the entire playoffs. Its to the point where if the puck is on the wall and ekblads chasing it down with a ranger on him, the ranger will end up with the puck. It isnt a maybe. It isnt a sometimes. Its a literal guarantee. He cant skate, shoot, pass, win a board battle, stay on his feet, NOTHING! What is maurice not seeing here?!? Why is he doing this to us? Actually forget you. Half of you still dont even see this for f#cks sake. Why is he doing this to me? Wtf did i do to deserve my team forfeiting the conference finals? We are watching the best roster we will ever have, throw a series. Its a well oiled machine with one loose screw, and maurice is sitting there with a screwdriver drooling and banging it on the ground. This is utter inexplicable madness. If anything were to happen to either of them, dont bother the detectives. It was me.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
If youre going to be mad, direct the anger where it belongs. Paul Maurice. Let me ram this into your skull. He plays......EKBLAD. ON PURPOSE. This isnt some accident or a fit of dementia. This is a conscious decision to lose this series. Make no mistake. This is a forfeit. The man has lost every single puck battle in the entire playoffs. Its to the point where if the puck is on the wall and ekblads chasing it down with a ranger on him, the ranger will end up with the puck. It isnt a maybe. It isnt a sometimes. Its a literal guarantee. He cant skate, shoot, pass, win a board battle, stay on his feet, NOTHING! What is maurice not seeing here?!? Why is he doing this to us? Actually forget you. Half of you still dont even see this for f#cks sake. Why is he doing this to me? Wtf did i do to deserve my team forfeiting the conference finals? We are watching the best roster we will ever have, throw a series. Its a well oiled machine with one loose screw, and maurice is sitting there with a screwdriver drooling and banging it on the ground. This is utter inexplicable madness. If anything were to happen to either of them, dont bother the detectives. It was me.
Ekblad somehow playing worse than when he only had one foot last year

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Death, taxes, and Jbones after a couple losses.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
So my take on what we see here is a team that bought into the fact that everyone called them great and drank the kool aid.
I also think me included the fans are spoiled and may have false expectations.
Are we a final Four hockey club yes but are we any better than last year that’s a guess.
For sure we have lost that edge perhaps we now have the chance to gain that back ?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So my take on what we see here is a team that bought into the fact that everyone called them great and drank the kool aid.
I also think me included the fans are spoiled and may have false expectations.
Are we a final Four hockey club yes but are we any better than last year that’s a guess.
For sure we have lost that edge perhaps we now have the chance to gain that back ?
Time for the team to do some soul searching.

I believe this is what it means that the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy in sports to win. Nobody said it was going to be easy. Everybody said it was going to be hard.

Champions are made by going through the hardest defeats, the best teams, the greatest goalies, the worst calls…. but still finding a way to prevail.

One game at a time fellas.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
problem is.. rangers are not going to be worried when we come back...

really needed better today from everyone... including pomo who should have realized tank was killing first line.. the lines should have been changed midway first period. pomo has been too slow to change the line combos

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
should be tank's last game as a panther, unless he can prove to be hungrier than everyone in the press box. even just having a grinder on line 3 provides more than #10 right now.

Erod looked great on line 2. I know he isn't perfect, but I like his game

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
It's not that Bob was bad, I could come up with reasons why any of those goals weren't his fault, but you'd like to see a save on at least a couple of those. Your best players gotta be your best players.

Laf goes on breakaway, gets beat up high glove. Next crazy good tip by Goodrow, but he also looks a bit off center from the shot. Then Laf goes through three Panthers, shouldn't happen, but again it'd be nice to get a save here, looks like he got frozen by the toe drag and couldn't move laterally. The shortie, again stupid play by the team, but its like Bob was surprised by Goodrow being there and wasn't square to the shot. The game winner, another crazy tip, but there's so much room up high.

I hate to sound like I'm nitpicking, but when your team scores 4 goals and the goalie goes 0.783, not a winning recipe. Bob has been solid in general, so I think he'll bounce back. Just one of those games.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
It's not that Bob was bad, I could come up with reasons why any of those goals weren't his fault, but you'd like to see a save on at least a couple of those. Your best players gotta be your best players.

Laf goes on breakaway, gets beat up high glove. Next crazy good tip by Goodrow, but he also looks a bit off center from the shot. Then Laf goes through three Panthers, shouldn't happen, but again it'd be nice to get a save here, looks like he got frozen by the toe drag and couldn't move laterally. The shortie, again stupid play by the team, but its like Bob was surprised by Goodrow being there and wasn't square to the shot. The game winner, another crazy tip, but there's so much room up high.

I hate to sound like I'm nitpicking, but when your team scores 4 goals and the goalie goes 0.783, not a winning recipe. Bob has been solid in general, so I think he'll bounce back. Just one of those games.
My main worry is that this team leaves bob out to dry a lot, and like 95% of the time he makes those saves. When he has an ok but not great game its a guaranteed loss

2nd line is having an absolutely atrocious defensive performance and not enough offense to offset it.

Weve seen before were worse off team without ekblad, but i think hes toast playing 1st pairing minutes, i think he needs to go to 2nd or 3rd pairing.

Also crazy that Tank had 3 goals in one series against NJ with the rangers, and they basically got goalied that one. He only has 2 (PP goals) in basically 2.5 series this year. Im really hoping most of that was just being stuck on the left side for some dumbass reason by the coaches and hell do something now that hes on the right side. I still think hes doing fine in the rest of his game, but we did get him as scoring depth, and he aint scoring.
Keep those line changes for the next game. Run it back. Bob was bound to get lit up one game. He owes us one now. Let’s tie this shit up.
Nah, the team still owes him for games 1&2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad