GDT: ECF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Crazy that Bobrovsky had a 12 playoff game OT win streak broken tonight. Both goalies played awesome hockey,

I think a 12 game OT win streak like a 12 game OT losing streak is largely luck. Not to say he's not a crunch time goalie but OT is generally a coin flip. That said impressive streak because there is definitely a percentage of straight up clutchness in that.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Goodrow just has a knack for being a winner.

I think a 12 game OT win streak like a 12 game OT losing streak is largely luck. Not to say he's not a crunch time goalie but OT is generally a coin flip. That said impressive streak because there is definitely a percentage of straight up clutchness in that.
Tell that to the 63 save 4OT win against Carolina last year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Goodrow just has a knack for being a winner.

Tell that to the 63 save 4OT win against Carolina last year.

I didn't say that he wasn't good or isn't good. But Shesterkin had an over 70 shot OT game against the Penguins that he lost. Also, I'm pretty sure both Brodeur and Lundqvist are career sub 0.500 playoff OT goalies. Not 100% sure but I think I heard that.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I want to see how the atmosphere is at Sunrise when half the Arena are Ranger fans.
Can't see how that hurts the panthers after watching these first 2 games at MSG :dunno:

Doesn’t a missed puck touched with a high stick have to happen in the offensive for a goal to be overturned?
Yes, and it wasn't a high stick anyway. The review was probably to confirm onside.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I didn't say that he wasn't good or isn't good. But Shesterkin had an over 70 shot OT game against the Penguins that he lost. Also, I'm pretty sure both Brodeur and Lundqvist are career sub 0.500 playoff OT goalies. Not 100% sure but I think I heard that.
Oh it's a safe bet that the team in front of Lundqvist scored less than half the time in OT.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Brodeur played on a defensive team in the dead puck era. His career high in saves in a game is probably, like, 23 in a 5OT barnburner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad