GDT: ECF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Florida doesn’t let you near their crease. It’s rather amazing.

I’m probably watching more analytically than when my fav team is playing and I seriously think they have a philosophy of deliberately initiating contact or impeding progress as soon as possible to allow no flow.

It’s a little 2019 Blues-ish but at a much higher pace, knowing in a tight game there is little chance for a call. It’s often subtle and I know other teams do the same thing but they’re just so damn good at it.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
lol.. No. Barkov is good but he isn't as good as either of them.
Id say Barkov is in the Toews, Kopitar, Bergeron tier but without the playoff resume to show for it so far.

Malkin is on a different level.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I’m probably watching more analytically than when my fav team is playing and I seriously think they have a philosophy of deliberately initiating contact or impeding progress as soon as possible to allow no flow.

It’s a little 2019 Blues-ish but at a much higher pace, knowing in a tight game there is little chance for a call. It’s often subtle and I know other teams do the same thing but they’re just so damn good at it.
You’re talking to a Blues fan and you sound paranoid. Florida is an excellent defensive team just as the Blues were.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Id say Barkov is in the Toews, Kopitar, Bergeron tier but without the playoff resume to show for it so far.

Malkin is on a different level.

I think he's better than those three but they are fair comparisons I suppose. He's just missing the playoff resume like you say.

Reactions: Felidae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad