GDT: ECF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaqICE

Apr 10, 2007
N.Y.
I would imagine that a lot of this has to do with how good the PK is and how breaking up 5v5 portions of games where the team struggles with a good PK can deflate the opposition. When this team gets in trouble is usually for extended portions of 5v5 play.
I think that's exactly it. Dull, uneventful, 5 on 5 hockey is death for this team. Also we have two refs tonight in Chris Rooney and Francois St. Laurent who have been two of the most even this season when it comes to handing out penalties to both teams, so tonight would be a great night to get a little nastier.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
IMG_4976.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: GG96 and will1066

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
We know the Rangers have another gear, can and should play better.
the question is will Florida bump up their play ?
It will be interesting.

Reactions: NYRangers16

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
Laying an egg in game 1 was demoralizing to me. It hurt. But, what I've said all along is this team has that "thing." So, we'll see if I'm right.

Edit: I am also impressed by both Lavi and Maurice. The interviews I've seen by both are humble and strong. Having said that, I expect Lavi to have our guys prepared.

Reactions: FUZfan and AirGut

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Foot speed...

Kakko doesn't have the foot speed to close the distance on point men/half boards fast enough from a standing start (as he would have to do as forward on the PK).
I agree with this.

You know I’ve been a Kakko apologist forever, he HAS been screwed in the past but the simple fact at this point in his career is they need more from him.

He’s had his time. Hes not making it hard on the coaching staff to make sitting him a non-decision. His game has regressed into a ho-hum vanilla performance every night.

Hes not standing out like he has in the past, even when he wasn’t scoring then

Thats the disappointing part of it all to me, because it’s the truth.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
I agree with this.

You know I’ve been a Kakko apologist forever, he HAS been screwed in the past but the simple fact at this point in his career is they need more from him.

He’s had his time. Hes not making it hard on the coaching staff to make sitting him a non-decision. His game has regressed into a ho-hum vanilla performance every night.

Hes not standing out like he has in the past, even when he wasn’t scoring then

Thats the disappointing part of it all to me, because it’s the truth.

He's a puck control and defensive beast. I have his Finnish jersey lol. So keep being an apologist. Because that 3rd line dominating offensive zone time by itself is valuable.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Rempe wouldn’t be chasing game as much against Cats as he were against Canes. Inserting him would also allow moving Cuylle back to 3rd line and spread out physicality more throughout the lineup.

I’d also bring Jones as 7th D. The offensive part of Gustafsson’s game dried up completely so it’s no longer an option when Laviolette would need to move him up to Fox as he used to when he wanted more offense from the backend.

Hard to see both of these moves happen simultaneously. I get why Kakko potentially sits - at very least this could be used as a wake up call for him. Roslovic would be my other out in unlikely 2 in, 2 out switch.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Like Chytil on Line 1. Like Cuylle better with Wennberg.

If Rempe provides a spark, great. If swapping him for Kakko is the difference, you weren’t going to win anyway

Reactions: NYRangers16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad