GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Pretty similar to the last few vs CAR. Rangers got caved 5v5 and will most likely continue to.

Florida obv plays a bit heavier, no fly-bys by forecheckers on the D. More balanced and legit scoring across 3L and the 4L will be a problem.

Biggest difference was a competent goalie. NY were outplayed for most of the game but had 5-6 grade A chances and Bob stopped them all.
The Rangers did not get caved 5v5

Attachments

• IMG_7947.jpeg
    IMG_7947.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7946.jpeg
    IMG_7946.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 4

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I absolutely watched the game. It was a low event effort from both teams where one of them got the puck luck and the other didn’t. It was a fairly gross effort from both sides.

Neither team got anywhere close to “caved”.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Ahh good ol Tre. But if they had went long term instead of bridge, wouldn’t chucky have wanted out after that?
Possibly. Or maybe he's named captain and it's a completely different story.

It's important to note that this is only the beginning of Treliving's storied incompetence. He also had the chance to sign Gaudreau longterm the year before he walked. Gaudreau wanted 8.5M, Treliving was offering something in the low 7's. Insulted by the low ball offers, Gaudreau shutdown further talks and bet on him self.

If not for Treliving being completely awful at his job, both Tkachuk and Gaudreau could be Flames right now. But so it goes

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I absolutely watched the game. It was a low event effort from both teams where one of them got the puck luck and the other didn’t. It was a fairly gross effort from both sides.

Neither team got anywhere close to “caved”.
This is HFBs, everyone is garbage. Having said that, the Rangers didn't deserve to be here tonight. On to game 2.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
To be fair, I was rooting for the Nucks for 3 on 50. Now I want revenge on the McDavids.

I can get behind anyone that wants to destroy McDavey.

Fun fact...the first NHL game i ever saw in person was the Canucks vs the Panthers. And that's probably a thing too...

But basically just anything that goes against McDavid at this point.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Possibly. Or maybe he's named captain and it's a completely different story.

It's important to note that this is only the beginning of Treliving's storied incompetence. He also had the chance to sign Gaudreau longterm the year before he walked. Gaudreau wanted 8.5M, Treliving was offering something in the low 7's. Insulted by the low ball offers, Gaudreau shutdown further talks and bet on him self.

If not for Treliving being completely awful at his job, both Tkachuk and Gaudreau could be Flames right now. But so it goes
Lol damn. Oh well, the good news is he's the Leafs problem now. Good news for all of Canada really.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
You guys are leading the series in moral victories 1-0
It’s not a moral victory. They deserved to lose and lost.

Devils fans attempting to make it seem worse than it was is fairly telling about where they sit right now. That’s the only point being made here.

Congrats to Florida for winning game 1. They deserved it.

Reactions: TotalHomer

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Odd game to say the Rangers got caved 5v5. I have certainly seen much worse. Pretty even, cagey game. Florida played extremely well.

It's not about moral victories. It's about the cope that one fanbase (not Florida's) has to keep feeding themselves because they can't deal with the reality of the Rangers winning a couple of rounds.

Reactions: irishlaxburger2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad