GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Reffing seems to only reward players who sell out and go down to get calls it seems. Is it a penalty? Yes. Have we seen that hook dozens of times this game? Also yes. Only difference being the player absolutely collapsing to the ice.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Yes. Goaltender interference that is goaltender interference should get called.
Barely touching a goalie that doesn't really interfere with their ability to make a save shouldn't be called 'goalie interference' especially when we've seen far worse that doesn't get called before.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
With this precedent literally will see defenseman start to crosscheck/interfere with offensive players and force them to the goalie even if the play is not around.
So like it's always been with net front battles.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
i do have time for this argument
he did start off in the crease, but didn't interfere until he was checked so

iunno, I still lean goal.. and understand no goal
If you watch he was already contacting as Lindgren checked him into him. Had Lomberg not went into the crease on his own and skate directly back toward the goalie in the crease, I'd be right there with you. But he did.

Reactions: Ratsreign

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Reffing seems to only reward players who sell out and go down to get calls it seems. Is it a penalty? Yes. Have we seen that hook dozens of times this game? Also yes. Only difference being the player absolutely collapsing to the ice.
Laf was beat, put his stick in his hands and didn't move his feet to prevent an opportunity. That's a penalty all day lol

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Affecting the goalies lateral movement is very much interfering with their ability to make a save.
It barely hindered Igor at all when they first made contact. We've seen far more contact NOT get called goalie interference and yet THIS does??

Reactions: dhfa

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
And somehow people still get upset when a player dives…

If officials called a good game, players wouldn’t have to dive

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Barely touching a goalie that doesn't really interfere with their ability to make a save shouldn't be called 'goalie interference' especially when we've seen far worse that doesn't get called before.
Maybe. But who determines what interferes with their ability to make a save or doesnt? They'll give the benefit of doubt to the goalie, and they should since the interference can be avoided.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
yeah the rangers have had 14 shots midway through the 3rd period.
Yes. I am aware. Hence Florida controlling the play. But can you please point me to a couple of big saves that Shesterkin has had to make? Because I can think of a few that Bobrovsky has.

That's all I'm saying man. One team is outplaying the other, but they don't seem to be creating much high quality out of it. Even their goal was a rather weak shot.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Laf was beat, put his stick in his hands and didn't move his feet to prevent an opportunity. That's a penalty all day lol
Agreed. Like I said, it's a penalty regardless but it's sad that other penalties aren't getting called for similar infractions but because guys stay on their feet it doesn't get called.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It barely hindered Igor at all when they first made contact. We've seen far more contact NOT get called goalie interference and yet THIS does??
I want the Rangers to lose more than any of the 4 remaining teams and I thought it was an easy call :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad