Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
28-3 rags win

Kreider with 2TDs
Rempe with a pick six, one called back due to roughing the goaltender
Panarin with a TD

Bettmans Panthers kick a field goal only cause of 40 defensive holdings (controversial)

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
giphy.gif

lion-puma.gif

One doesnt look like the other.
Cougars and Panthers are same thing, with different names. FL panthers population was even supplemented with female cougars from out west to help stave off their total disappearance from Florida.
Hard to tell from that pic, but black cat’s head looks a little wider, and looks maybe thicker down through its’ shoulders. Black Panthers of legend are certainly a possibility, but there’s never been one “documented”, for whatever that’s worth.
LoL, not what I thought I’d be doing while awaiting the puck to finally drop, but if you’re interested....

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Cougars and Panthers are same thing, with different names. FL panthers population was even supplemented with female cougars from out west to help stave off their total disappearance from Florida.
Hard to tell from that pic, but black cat’s head looks a little wider, and looks maybe thicker down through its’ shoulders. Black Panthers of legend are certainly a possibility, but there’s never been one “documented”, for whatever that’s worth.
LoL, not what I thought I’d be doing while awaiting the puck to finally drop, but if you’re interested....
  • Pantherinae, the cat subfamily that contains the genera Panthera and Neofelis
    • Panthera, the cat genus that contains tigers, lions, jaguars and leopards
      • Jaguar (Panthera onca), found in South and Central America
      • Leopard (Panthera pardus), found in Africa and Asia
        • Black panther, a name for the phenotypic genetic variant that forms the black leopard or jaguar
  • Cougar, a big cat that is not in the subfamily Pantherinae, but is commonly referred to as a panther

Different subfamily. Just because Florida man wants to think of their cougars as panthers doesnt make it so ;)

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
  • Pantherinae, the cat subfamily that contains the genera Panthera and Neofelis
    • Panthera, the cat genus that contains tigers, lions, jaguars and leopards
      • Jaguar (Panthera onca), found in South and Central America
      • Leopard (Panthera pardus), found in Africa and Asia
        • Black panther, a name for the phenotypic genetic variant that forms the black leopard or jaguar
  • Cougar, a big cat that is not in the subfamily Pantherinae, but is commonly referred to as a panther

Different subfamily. Just because Florida man wants to think of their cougars as panthers doesnt make it so ;)
As I said in my opening sentence, same thing/different name

Most “black Panthers” are leopards or jaguars.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
As I said in my opening sentence, same thing/different name

Most “black Panthers” are leopards or jaguars.
Black Panther falls under the Pantherinae subfamily though, Cougar doesnt. Very unrelated cat.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Black Panther falls under the Pantherinae subfamily though, Cougar doesnt. Very unrelated cat.
That’s what I’ve been saying all along. Black Panthers aren’t “panthers”, at all.

Cougars aka “panthers” are just different names that came from different areas of their (once) normal range.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
That’s what I’ve been saying all along. Black Panthers aren’t “panthers”, at all.

Cougars/panthers are just different names that came from different areas of their (once) normal range.
snowball-rocksideroad.gif

Okay... But wouldnt the Pantherinae subfamily be Panthers? Felinae is the subfamily of Cougar. Leopards/Jaguars = Panthers. Cougars/Florida Panther = Felines.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
As a "neutral" (and I use that term very loosely), I can't wait for this series.

Chaos and debauchery.

Feed that old-time hockey into my veins, baby.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
snowball-rocksideroad.gif

Okay... But wouldnt the Pantherinae subfamily be Panthers? Felinae is the subfamily of Cougar. Leopards/Jaguars = Panthers. Cougars/Florida Panther = Felines.
Yes, the whole name “panthers” stems from a totally unscientific classification, but that’s what they were called, and it is what it is now. There are so many different names for cougars.
So, most people envision a cougar when you say panther, when, scientifically, they should be picturing a leopard when they hear that word.

Why do we let partisans create these board-wide gameday threads? Dude is obviously a rags partisan and didn't hide it. There should at least be pressure to hide it.
It’s just taken from the home team’s page. NBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad