GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
8 pm start time is đź’© More waiting with time slowly hobbling along. May need to go turtle wax my spaceship to kill some đź‘˝
I hate these 8 pm starts. They do this every year. It's a 7 pm start all season long, and then they do this every postseason. What are they thinking? Do they believe everyone has a spaceship they have to turtle wax?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think Chytil would have more things to think about coming in as a wing, a position he has very rarely played in the NHL, than playing the position he's played for 300+ games.
The transition to wing from center is easier than wing to center.

I see what you are saying, but the staff doesn't trust him as much in such a pivotal position.

The positive thing is that hes back and no matter what position he'll be in it will be a big boost to the bottom 6.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I hate these 8 pm starts. They do this every year. It's a 7 pm start all season long, and then they do this every postseason. What are they thinking? Do they believe everyone has a spaceship they have to turtle wax?

I think once you get to the conference finals they’re trying to maximize out of market viewers. So a 5pm PST start is better than a 4pm start.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Likely they're starting to try to attract the west coast crowds as well so they figure a 5pm PT start is better than 4pm

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
This series is going to be a slobberknocker , not for the faint of heart ...........Rangers in 7 .

nhgiju6cspw81.gif

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
For anyone worried about the Garden crowd, it's been rocking the 3 games I've been to. The only reason the last one sucked was the team just played an absolute stinker.

Rempe chants for 4 minutes isn't going to do anything. Chytil playing 14 minutes will make a big impact.
You're missing the reason they chant his name. He has them looking over their shoulder. And he is not a complete goon. He can score, skate, stickhandle, protect the puck and be a net front presence. He might be a defensive liability, but he does have some attributes besides crushing people.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The only way Rempe is getting a game going forward is if they need to shake something up.

Chytil is back, seemingly so is Wheeler. And Brodzinki has more trust from Lavi

Some of you don’t need to screech about Rempe every game
Guess I could live with no Rempe, but if what you're saying holds true, I don't WANT TO see him in then.
And as much as I like Vesey, he's hit a wall. Playing relatively lousy and in need of some confidence. I know Lavi trusts him on the PK, and thats WHY he will prob not get scratched, but I would LOVE if Rempe AND Chytil were both in. We need all the physicality we could muster vs a very physical Panther team. Like Brodz, but he doesnt excite me, and please forget Wheeler. We need him rooting us on, IDC if he might provide an emotional uplift, Chytil provides that.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
The current 14th forward for home games, and 15th forward for road games has people treating Rempe like Webster used to treat Zucc.

Reactions: Machinehead

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Guess I could live with no Rempe, but if what you're saying holds true, I don't WANT TO see him in then.
And as much as I like Vesey, he's hit a wall. Playing relatively lousy and in need of some confidence. I know Lavi trusts him on the PK, and thats WHY he will prob not get scratched, but I would LOVE if Rempe AND Chytil were both in. We need all the physicality we could muster vs a very physical Panther team. Like Brodz, but he doesnt excite me, and please forget Wheeler. We need him rooting us on, IDC if he might provide an emotional uplift, Chytil provides that.
Agree, Vesey is gassed. Would have liked to see him sit for the first two games and see how he responds in game 3 in Sunrise.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
You're missing the reason they chant his name. He has them looking over their shoulder. And he is not a complete goon. He can score, skate, stickhandle, protect the puck and be a net front presence. He might be a defensive liability, but he does have some attributes besides crushing people.
I'd love to see Rempe on the ice, but Laviolette doesn't trust him enough, and rightly so. This isn't Washington. This isn't the regular season. He's got limited games under his belt. He needs to be sheltered when out there.

We're not thinking over Rempe, Brodz, or any of the other scratches. It's Rempe or Chytil. The guy that was the 2C breaking camp. The guy with a nice playoff resume for a young player too.

It's going to be a long series. There might be a night or two where Rempe draws in. I don't think he makes the difference in the team winning or losing.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
If he could do all that,he wouldn't be in the press box

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The transition to wing from center is easier than wing to center.

I see what you are saying, but the staff doesn't trust him as much in such a pivotal position.

The positive thing is that hes back and no matter what position he'll be in it will be a big boost to the bottom 6.

It's an easier transition but I'd think he would have to think more about what his role is and where to be when playing an unfamiliar position compared to the one he's played his entire career.

I would expect he moves back to center after a few games if he can stay in the lineup anyway with Wennberg down on L4.

If he could do all that,he wouldn't be in the press box

Rempe can score lol. As evidenced by his 3 points in 24 NHL games? His 22 pts in 95 AHL games? He is quite likely up there among the worst offensive players in the entire league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad