GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Why is it not a good idea? He's a center. He's always played better there.

Ill provide 5 reasons.

1. Other than 12 minutes in the previous series (on the wing) he hasnt played an NHL game in over a half a year, now he jumps into a conf finals. Dont give him all of those assignments. Wing is an easier position to get your game back.

2. Less skating. A lot less. You are managing his exertion for not only his health but his recovery for Game 2 and beyond.

3. Defensively up the middle Wennberg is vastly superior. Chytil was never great in his own end as a center, again, don't give him too much to worry about if he's out there matched up against Barkov or Lundell. He'll cover the left point and potentially have better transitions up the ice because of it.

4. Faceoffs. Wennberg sucks ass too, but he isnt 40.4% for his career

5. Despite everyone shitting on Wennberg, he reads the play well and stays high in the o-zone. It fits into Lavy's system in that regard and is a countermeasure for Floridas breakouts. Its one of the reasons why they brought him in. Let Chytil dig down low with Kakko. He'll still play like a center on rushes and puck carrying. That wont change. Wennberg can read and react and be heady.

Bottom line. Its a much harder game as a center. Let Chytil play to his instincts on the wing.

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I do think the crowd gets hyped for Rempe but it's also like...if we need to get the crowd hyped up then other things have gone wrong first. If the Rangers run into issues where Rempe might provide a spark, then sure, whatever. Shorten the bench and throw him out there to cause a little havoc. Maybe he'll get into Tkachuk's head because Tkachuk is a dummy

but that's like, if things are dire. Otherwise lets put the best team on the ice that can win games

tlk

Zeev Buium appreciation corps
Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
They don't chant Panarin's name. Give me a break. What I'm saying is true, but I'm wrong? LOL!
Are you still arguing about Rempe?
1) Lavi plays him 4 min and barely beyond the 1st
2) This was totally predictable. Canes are fast, he couldn't have splattered them much.
3) He's VERY young and rough - unbel. experience for him playing in the playoffs (and scoring the first goal!) alongside a veteran like Goody.
He'll have his play off games. Just not now.

Reactions: FUZfan

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Maybe you didn't catch Game 2 of the Bruins-Panthers. 17 penalties were dolled out over the final period, adding up to 136 penalty minutes. You think the Cats are here for a Broadway show? They are a mean team and they look for blood.

Don't discount what Brad Marchand has said.
I fail to see how questioning a strategy of purposely employing someone to physically injure the opposition translates to me thinking Florida is here for s Broadway show.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Centers have to cover a lot more territory. It’s way more taxing on the system.
And this is why he is at wing. It's also less responsibility for someone that has 10 games at C in the 1-3-1.

Also, don't take this as dumping on Cuylle, but he's a rookie that put up 4th line production. These games are super tight.

I'll take the experience of those two with an upgrade and you can have a very effective 3rd line. You're adding a top 6 quality player to it.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I do think the crowd gets hyped for Rempe but it's also like...if we need to get the crowd hyped up then other things have gone wrong first. If the Rangers run into issues where Rempe might provide a spark, then sure, whatever. Shorten the bench and throw him out there to cause a little havoc. Maybe he'll get into Tkachuk's head because Tkachuk is a dummy

but that's like, if things are dire. Otherwise lets put the best team on the ice that can win games
Exactly this.

MSG is going to be as into this game as they possibly can be. Nothing is moving the needle. They'll bring the same energy for Game 2 whether we win or not.

The only scenario where I could see us needing some energy is if we come back for Game 5, down 3-1, specifically having lost game 4.

At that point, sure, put Rempe in.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Are you still arguing about Rempe?
1) Lavi plays him 4 min and barely beyond the 1st
2) This was totally predictable. Canes are fast, he couldn't have splattered them much.
3) He's VERY young and rough - unbel. experience for him playing in the playoffs (and scoring the first goal!) alongside a veteran like Goody.
He'll have his play off games. Just not now.
This is the perfect time to use him. At home, game one, setting a tone, against a team known to be mean, that CAN be lined up because that aren't the Canes. I beg to differ.

Chytil skated with the extras this morning. We might hear Rempe, Rempe, Rempe, tonight.

Reactions: Jack Hanson and tlk

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I fail to see how questioning a strategy of purposely employing someone to physically injure the opposition translates to me thinking Florida is here for s Broadway show.
Brad Marchand has said they look to hurt people. It's the nature of playoff hockey. His words, not mine.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

tlk

Zeev Buium appreciation corps
Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Emily will be there too
Power couple

This is the perfect time to use him. At home, game one, setting a tone, against a team known to be mean, that CAN be lined up because that aren't the Canes. I beg to differ.

Chytil skated with the extras this morning. We might hear Rempe, Rempe, Rempe, tonight.
I too would like to see him play, just think it's not very realistic. And not at the expense of Chytil lol no way.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Ill provide 5 reasons.

1. Other than 12 minutes in the previous series (on the wing) he hasnt played an NHL game in over a half a year, now he jumps into a conf finals. Dont give him all of those assignments. Wing is an easier position to get your game back.

2. Less skating. A lot less. You are managing his exertion for not only his health but his recovery for Game 2 and beyond.

3. Defensively up the middle Wennberg is vastly superior. Chytil was never great in his own end as a center, again, don't give him too much to worry about if he's out there matched up against Barkov or Lundell. He'll cover the left point and potentially have better transitions up the ice because of it.

4. Faceoffs. Wennberg sucks ass too, but he isnt 40.4% for his career

5. Despite everyone shitting on Wennberg, he reads the play well and stays high in the o-zone. It fits into Lavy's system in that regard and is a countermeasure for Floridas breakouts. Its one of the reasons why they brought him in. Let Chytil dig down low with Kakko. He'll still play like a center on rushes and puck carrying. That wont change. Wennberg can read and react and be heady.

Bottom line. Its a much harder game as a center. Let Chytil play to his instincts on the wing.
Counter points:
Chytil is a center. AND has always played much better at center. We will be adding a better player if he's at C.

We need scoring from the 3rd line. Wennberg does/can not. Adding Chytil to Wennberg keeps the one guy on the line that has zero finishing skills. It kills offensive flow. Cuylle Chytil Kakko probably will score. Certainly will score more than the 3rd has been doing. Despite Wennberg reading the play well, and staying high in the O zone, he remains unable to finish opportunities he's set up for, and does not set up many himself. This is just reality, not "shitting" on anybody.

Chytil isn't great defensively but Kakko and Cuylle still are more than servicable. It's called balance. Getting more (any) offense from line 3 while remaining defensibly able is a big win.

A 4th line of Goodrow Wennberg Vesey is a shutdown line. can start them any D zone draw we have and there is even a backup center on it for the draws.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I too would like to see him play, just think it's not very realistic. And not at the expense of Chytil lol no way.
I think it's 50-50 now that I read Chytil skated with the extras this morning. Being we get last call with match ups makes Rempe a real threat.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Jimmy Vesey could strip his skivvies and helicopter his dick around at center ice and the crowd would go nuts. It’s the f***ing Eastern Conference Final. The place isn’t going to be a library cause Matt Rempe isn’t in.

This has gotten insane.
To be fair, that's a bad example LMAO

I imagine a lot of screaming over that scenario

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Excited for this series. Should be some great hockey from two excellent teams.

And yes, the NYR are an excellent team. I know some mention legit roster issues. But, cap world and every fanbase has similar complaints.

Not overly concerned who wins. I root NY cuz I grew up in NYC. But I don’t play on the Rangers and don’t actually win anything if they win.

I just love the game, think these are two really good teams, and if the Rangers put in their best effort, that's good enough for me.

Hoping for and expecting some real good hockey in this series.
None of us do on both counts. LOL!!

Reactions: TheWrongWay

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Emily will be there too

Owen Wilson sitting in a regular seat at the Canucks game rocked me to my core.
Emily2.jpeg

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Give me a rusty Chyil over Wennberg and Kakko farting and then passing into somebody's shins.
Chytil plays and then he'll likely miss the next three or four. His staying power has to be in question. If we're relying on him here on out we're in real trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad