GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Roslovic has his warts but quite a few times in these playoffs I find myself saying, “Ros was on the scoresheet tonight” or “Ros made a nifty lil play there”.

When I watch Wennberg I wonder if I still have an old rosary buried in a drawer somewhere so that I may try and ask for forgiveness.

It helps Roslo that he's comfortable carrying the puck on a line with two guys for whom puck-lugging is decidedly not their specialty, and that's putting it lightly.

The amount of ice Mika and Kreider cover with the puck actually on their stick is amazingly low. The vast majority of that is short-handed.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As Sean Avery has said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have Rempe bury a Bennet. We can kill a 5 minute major, and I agree. It would set a tone. He's an X-factor. He will have them looking over their shoulder. And who gets the crowd into it more than him? You might not think these benefits are tangible, but I beg to differ.
The Garden is going to be shaking and the only way it stops shaking is if we drop an egg. I'm not concerned about getting the crowd into it in round 3.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Are we really advocating for Rempe to go out and hurt someone? I mean, I don’t know if I believe in karma, but that’s some bad karma eh?

I’d prefer to try to win a hockey game. I think we have enough good hockey players to do that.

If it exists, Florida has a ton of it coming their way.

Trust me, their guys are going to be out to do the same.

Reactions: Cmox and Synergy27

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Two weeks in a row nobody can come up with a good reason to dress a player who plays 4 minutes!
The mere presence. Did you not see Avery's video? I have strong reason to believe that he may KNOW what he's talking about. It's not his Rangers fandom, it's not that he wants better ratings or trying to stir the pot, it's because he KNOWS the on ice mind games and shenanigans that players have to deal with ON THE ICE. Not an analytics thing. I have no reason to believe that he wouldn't play 8-10 minutes, also no reason to believe he wont get on the scoresheet or have a direct positive affect in this game.
If Lavi plays him, there's got to be a reason. He's our coach and we should believe he knows what he is doing. This is not Gallant, nor AV.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The Rangers should be able to hold their own physically without Rempe in the lineup. They're not a crazy aggressive physical team but they had plenty of pushback against the Caps and Carolina even without Rempe's actions.

If it looks necessary I don't have a problem putting Rempe in a game to try to blow up some of the Panthers D or other players and see what happens, but IMO putting him in the lineup (even if it was for game 1) is a reactive move and I'd rather see the Rangers go out and focus on winning the game

If the Rangers manage to let themselves get pushed around a bunch in game 1 then yeah maybe slip Rempe in there to disturb things a bit and shift some of the focus onto him

Reactions: AirGut

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Refs call penalties in playoffs. Panthers had most PIM in league. We'll get PP chances
I dont know where I heard it (maybe Moller), but I thought it was the opposite. This is good news.

Florida: 362 Minors, 2nd in the NHL. -21 Net Drawn, 13:36 PIM/GP (1st)
NYR: 255 Minors, 24th in the NHL. +20 Net Drawn, 9.25 PIM/GP (16th)

For Comparison
Carolina: 273 Minors, 15th in the NHL. -4 Net Drawn, 8:27 PIM/GP (23rd)

You would think there should be more PP opportunities for the Rangers, but the Ref usually swallow the whistle this time of year.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The Garden is going to be shaking and the only way it stops shaking is if we drop an egg. I'm not concerned about getting the crowd into it in round 3.
You're joking right? No matter how loud it is, it is always louder once he hits the ice.

Reactions: leetch99

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The mere presence. Did you not see Avery's video? I have strong reason to believe that he may KNOW what he's talking about. It's not his Rangers fandom, it's not that he wants better ratings or trying to stir the pot, it's because he KNOWS the on ice mind games and shenanigans that players have to deal with ON THE ICE. Not an analytics thing. I have no reason to believe that he wouldn't play 8-10 minutes, also no reason to believe he wont get on the scoresheet or have a direct positive affect in this game.
If Lavi plays him, there's got to be a reason. He's our coach and we should believe he knows what he is doing. This is not Gallant, nor AV.
Lavi has given you plenty of reasons to believe that lol

Nothing Avery described happens on the bench. Rempe doesn't play after his first shift of the second period. I'm not interested in playing a guy one period. I don't care if it's Gretzky.

If Rempe played, I would absolutely advocate for him being in over Vesey.

Reactions: leetch99

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I know Chytil has been practicing on the third line, and everyone expects him to play game one. But don't be surprised if Rempe gets the call in game one with the Garden crowd going crazy.

We need game one. We need this Garden crowd going nuts. We need his physicality. He played two games against them during the season.

No one loves Chytil more than I do. So I would not be disappointed if he played. But this game one just screams Rempe. We need to set the tone.

Rempe is a tough decision. There are other guys who give more minutes and versatility. But Rempe hits like a truck, gets the other guys to throw the body too, and gets the crowd going. Those are real contributions.
I don't think it's between Chytil and Rempe. If it were me, I'd sit Cuylle for Gm1 and put Rempe in that spot. Cuylle on line 4 isn't going to play more than 4-6 minutes more than Rempe there, and I want Rempe in to put some panic into those Florida d-men when their retrieving pucks. Not to mention, I would like him in the back of some of their players' minds when they think about bumping Shesterkin or trying something dirty. Honestly, our record with the kid speaks for itself. He makes everybody an inch taller and the gives the crowd something to cheer for. JMHO

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ep0WjJ4W8AAyKYG.png

This thread trying to figure out if we should play 12 forwards or just play 11 for shits and giggles.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
It's easy...

Step 1:
10-16-13
20-93-96
50-73-24
21-90-26

Step 2:
Win game

Bam. I should be a coach.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Are we really advocating for Rempe to go out and hurt someone? I mean, I don’t know if I believe in karma, but that’s some bad karma eh?

I’d prefer to try to win a hockey game. I think we have enough good hockey players to do that.
Maybe you didn't catch Game 2 of the Bruins-Panthers. 17 penalties were dolled out over the final period, adding up to 136 penalty minutes. You think the Cats are here for a Broadway show? They are a mean team and they look for blood.

Don't discount what Brad Marchand has said.

Last edited:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Yeah of all the Rempe scenarios, I don't know if 3C is the winning formula.
I do wonder if long term they're molding him into a C or a W. He's actually never played W until the Pro level, he seems to be very good at faceoffs so far too. Though I imagine he is more effective on the wing where he is forechecking more and has more opportunity to throw big hits. I want to see if I can find some old WHL footage to see how he looked at center, it's interesting to imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad