GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
A crosscheck to the lower ribs/back doesn't look bad on camera but it's lowkey a dirty play almost akin to a spear.

I can't believe how common it is at the NHL level. In the NCAA you'd get threatened with a 5 minute major and tossed from the game if you did it repeatedly.

As far as Florida, looking up and down their roster, I actually like our 4th line better than theirs. Any time those two get matched up I thinkk plays to our advantage, even if it's only 6-7 shifts a game. Cuylle hasn't really gotten a chance to get established with Vesey and Goodrow, whcih is why I wanted Wennberg to handle 4C, but I think it could actually be a pretty good series for Ves/Goodrow if they can keep their game simple and turn possession into simple garbage plays at the front of the net.

Onus is on Gustafsson to provide some of that service since getting pucks through was one of his regular season specialities for us.

If only the DOPS cared about safety, you are correct these types of things are never looked at but they should be looked at.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If only the DOPS cared about safety, you are correct these types of things are never looked at but they should be looked at.
The DOPS exists to uphold the "let them play" ethos of it being ok to intend to injure as long as you follow the "code."

Nobody was mad that Rempe went out of his way to elbow Siegenthaler. They were mad that he didn't fight after.

Breaded Fox

Free Zac Jones
Nov 8, 2010
NJ
On record on Rempe- I'd be open to playing him over Brodzinski. We are coming off a lot of rest and so there's less need for a AAA jack-knife to cover minutes in the event of injuries.

That said, I'd never play Matt over Chytil, if he's good to go.
I think if chytl can't go you play Remps.. but let him play. If it's close in the last 10 maybe not. But give him his regular shift otherwise it's just dumb. He hasn't killed anyone in a while

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
If we show up game 1 and lay an egg with zero energy, emotion, and Florida is in Bully mode that's when you'd see Rempe game 2. He's a break glass weapon at this point. Otherwise a 4 minute game player that you will only play when up or down multiple goals is a detriment.

Ps I love Rempe but people need to understand reality.
well he shouldn't be a 4 minute player but thats a whole nother issue

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
Score Goals, the Rangers will. Proud, the Rangers fans will be..

1716389236760.png

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Going into the series with eyes open is not being a "scared little bitch."

At least not imo. It will be an interesting series. If FLA is what they say they will be a unique challenge for us. Word is they make plays around the net better than CAR. If so they will test our defense & transition.

I'm looking forward to it.
Never said it was going to be easy or that Florida was not a very good team. I always respect an NHL opponent but some of these posts like we have no shot are ridiculous. The Rangers are a top team in this league. Rangers in 7.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Never said it was going to be easy or that Florida was not a very good team. I always respect an NHL opponent but some of these posts like we have no shot are ridiculous. The Rangers are a top team in this league. Rangers in 7.
Person you were responding to merely said Florida was not to be taken lightly.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I’m saying it now because my tone will change in the heat of the series.

Proud of the team so far they’ve had a great year. As long as they do their best here, can’t be upset if Florida takes it. They’re a great team.
I said this in another thread, but all I want as a fan is to take steps forward from year to year. The team has undeniably taken a big step forward compared to last season, and... there just aren't very many steps left to take. ;)

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Person you were responding to merely said Florida was not to be taken lightly.
Yes, but he was responding to somebody who was confident the Rangers would win the series and thought that Carolina was the bigger threat to the Rangers and didn't see Florida as any better. It's ok to be confident.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I’m saying it now because my tone will change in the heat of the series.

Proud of the team so far they’ve had a great year. As long as they do their best here, can’t be upset if Florida takes it. They’re a great team.
Too many people are cup or bust and will whine if they lose this round. Just getting to the conference finals is a damn hard thing to do. Just look at the number of really good teams that are watching from the couch. It's hard to win in this league.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Really need production from the bottom 4.

Floridas Top 6 is nuts if they turn it around on.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
If there is one thing we have over Florida, it is our speed. And speed kills. And this doesn't just pertain to how quick we get up the ice. It also had to do with the speed in our decisions. We had to think mighty quick against the Canes, cause they weren't gonna give us any time or space. We moved the puck on the PP without hesitation. Quite a few of our goals in game 6, came off quick thinking, with 5 or 6 touches of the puck before it went in the net.

Yes Florida lead the league in hits, but they have to catch us first, and we won't be easy to line up. I'll bet this is what Lavi is thinking, and why Chytil will likely get the start. We need to push the pace cause the Cats like to slow it down.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
it essentially means jack shit but we've played Florida very well this year. and honestly i'm cool with Trouba and Miller being a pair, it makes one bad pair instead of two.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad