GDT: ECF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Florida doesn’t take a lot of penalties and that could be an issue. The refs usually swallow the whistle this time of year anyway but the Rangers need to keep moving their feet and forcing PP chances. It’s an advantage in this series they’ll need to have the opportunity to exploit.

They were actually the second most penalized team in the league taking over 5 penalties per game

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
They were actually the second most penalized team in the league taking over 5 penalties per game

Yeah. They look slightly better in the postseason but buth they and we are averageing about 4 minor penalties a game. Doesn't control for incidentals, but wea re very much in an era where post-season special teams means a lot more.

And I'll take that gamble 100 times out of 100 with this group.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Not against Carolina they f***ing didn't!

We'll get our chances early, and we have to win those games.

If our powerplay starts 4 for 9 like it did last series, the penalties are gonna get turned off in the options menu like they did last series.
To me it felt like penalties were called early in the series and then fell off, partly because teams clean it up a tad to match what the refs are calling and partly because I feel like the refs want to “establish themselves” early in the series and then sit back and wait for important moments

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Refs like to call the following penalties (aside from DOG)- blatant high sticks (sometimes lol), high danger areas/ruining potential scoring chances, or a penalty leading to potential opportunity for the penalty taker's team. The caveat for all the above is that they like to let shit go along the boards no matter which zone it's in.

Based on this, you really need to have good rush chances near the net or control of the puck with good O zone time in order to get many calls. We really didn't against Carolina which is why I feel we stopped getting calls after game 2. Our PP started kind of sucking then too as a side point.

I will say that I expect a tighter called game for Game 1 to set the tone, and then to gradually start letting stuff go again.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
People have given reasons, you just don’t accept them as “good” reasons. Everyone accepts that Rempe is limited and prone to being called for penalties.
The reasons have been

1) Stuff he can't do on the bench.

2) I don't like Brodzinski.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
"I can't have pizza so I'm going to have pizza inside a fried stick."
aaf.png

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
People have given reasons, you just don’t accept them as “good” reasons. Everyone accepts that Rempe is limited and prone to being called for penalties.

Here's the easiest reason not to play Rempe. He's the worst player on the roster, by a lot, and doesn't belong in the NHL.

Reactions: Lua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad